• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Props

I'm rooting for the Saints to repeat. Got a lot of friends from NOLA, and that team is easy to root for. The only reasons to dislike Drew Brees are because he stole your old lady or ran over your dog...there is nothing else unlikeable about the guy.

Yeah, but Peyton reminds me of Rex with a little more tact. I am not a fan of his any longer. Plus, no one will ever call me a Band Wagon fan! :cool4:

Plus, I am from Maryland. I should be rooting for the Ravens if the Redskins are not winning. And I do. I understand you VA folk not wanting to root for them though, Ravens fans can be...well...Baltimorans! :bucktooth:

Last edited:
I just wanted to acknowledge you guys/gals today.

Let's face it, not only was the game today difficult to sit through, but the season as a whole has made it tough to sustain hope, optimism, and positivity.

While you folks are expressing plenty of doubts, questions, concerns, and even anger, I just wanted to give everyone some kudos for doing it with about as much class, civility, and calm, rational thought as anyone qualifying as 'human' could hope for.

I'm impressed.

Take a quick tour around the interwebz and you'll see plenty of expletive-laden, hyperventilatory discussions.

It doesn't make the results any easier to take, but its good to know I'm venting with some of the smartest Redskins fans out there.

Kudos :cheers:

You reap what you sew......

sewing.jpg

boone...you run a shop that allows for some wiggle room when it comes to the passions. grateful to you, Om, Neo, et al, for that.

it's held up well despite the fact that the object of affection has not kept up its part of the bargain. just imagine how great things will become once that corner is turned!

We're grateful to you guys for coming and staying Al - wouldn't mean much or be a whole lotta fun without the characters that populate the place :)

And lets face it - the peak of hysteria here would barely raise an eyebrow on a lot of internet hangouts. God how I hope someday before I'm really a geriatric that we have a great team or two to chatter about.

Boone, my friend, I know you. So I know that anytime anyone gives you credit, you're going to deflect it. But in all seriousness, the owners and staff here have created something very special to all of us. Your vision has been implemented to perfection, and WE are the benefactors. Not the other way around.

I've used the bar analogy before, but it remains true. If you have a crappy bar, people are going to go elsewhere. On the other hand, you guys have built an interwebz version of "Cheers." This place is an online home for us. We can laugh, cry, share, commiserate, scream and yell, and walk around in our boxers if we want to. (What? You can't see me!) And though we're from all kinds of different walks of life, order, respect, and decency are maintained; sans a heavy hand.

So thank you who built, and run, this bar. And thanks for continuing to save my stool for me I'm sincerely grateful.

(And so help me God, if you don't just accept my thanks, and try to turn it around like you always do, I WILL come through this screen and kick your ass!!) ;)

<applying mental bleach>

God, even my ears are ringing after that one HH. What's with the visuals? I thought you were THANKING Boone?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

You had me there HH, all the way up until

And thanks for continuing to save my stool for me I'm sincerely grateful.

Never say 'thanks for continuing to to save my stool' to a healthcare professional :)

And on behalf of myself, Brothers Om, Neophyte, and iheartskins, you're welcome :cheers:

We really need a Taken out of Context thread.

O.K., I'm joining the chorus of congratulations and gratitude for this place-this thread is a prime example.

The "save my stool " sequence nearly had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

I know I've said this before but I've been to over 50 fan forums in the past year-and-a-half for between 20 and 25 NFL teams and BGO is simply the best I have encountered...anywhere. Some are better than others, obviously and some are surprisingly similar but not the equal of this one in tone and quality of posts...and behavior of inhabitants.

And, frankly, some are beyond belief in the sheer nastininess and pettiness and lack of civility. Woof!

An interesting note, it's been my observation that independent fan forums are of better quality than "official" team-sponsored boards and this is across the NFL. I'm not sure why that seems to be the case.

Anyway, it's the quality of BGO, both owners and participants, that keeps me here. I'm actually a very private person and this is my first foray-thank you Interwebz-into a social shared-fan-experience setting (I tested the waters elsewhere as a "lurker" but was not attracted by what I encountered). Of course, knowing the owners from another high-quality site gave me high hopes for this effort and it has turned out even better than I expected.

Kudos indeed-to all. :clap2::)

<applying mental bleach>

God, even my ears are ringing after that one HH. What's with the visuals? I thought you were THANKING Boone?

Goaldie.....you had me on the floor!

This place is outstanding even the hissyfights are funny. its rare that a founder is also a huge contributor on a forum with solid content. and its more rare that people read before posting. I like that about this place.

Last edited:
what I was calling hissyfights were some of the arguments Ive seen on here that are the closest thing to anything getting heated. unlike other forums those dont get seriously personal and usually peter out quickly without getting crazy, hence not a flamewar but a hissyfight. and I noted that even that is rare here so it was positive not negative. and while they may be annoying to you and maybe some others, other people find them amusing BECAUSE they never get to the level that they get to at other forums. and oddly enough I wasnt talking about anything Ive been involved in.

where im from a hissyfight is like two cats yowling and hissing at eachother and then walking away, nobody gets hurt lol, not sure what it means where you are from.

Do you have to be so overly sensitive? It had nothing to do with an opinions or people exressing them , You obviously dont get it, You are a sensitive nineties guy who likes to express his feelings and tell everyone else how to feel, the only thing you got right is that I enjoy being right.

Last edited:
Ryman, I think it was the term "hissyfit" that may have been offensive to some. I looked at it and said, I don't see many women here on BGO getting into arguments so it must be a derogatory statement, since we all know women are the one's who have "hissfits" not men. :nana:

I can see how Mike could have misunderstood "hissyfit" to be a disparaging remark, but I see your point too. :twitch:

Ryman, I think it was the term "hissyfit" that may have been offensive to some. I looked at it and said, I don't see many women here on BGO getting into arguments so it must be a derogatory statement, since we all know women are the one's who have "hissfits" not men. :nana:

I can see how Mike could have misunderstood "hissyfit" to be a disparaging remark, but I see your point too. :twitch:

fair enough I did laugh at the women having hissyfits, a hissyfit is the same as a hissyfight? sometimes you americans baffle us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.