• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth inactive

it boils down to what type of coach you are, you either play your best players and put them in positions to excel even if you dont like them as people, or you do whatever you think is best even when the evidence suggest you dont know as much as you think you do.

its really that simple.

this is the modern day nfl, I hate to break it to some of you, but all men are not equal on the football field and sometimes you cant treat everyone the same. most modern coaches know this.

I hope the Skins get rid of Haynesworth. It would be nice if we could get something (at this point a ham sandwich would be great) for him.

The Skins are determined to go 3-4, then find a real 3-4 NT and DE to pair with Carricker.

Haynesworth is a turd, period. Guy was a turd with the Titans and is now with the Skins. Oh sure, Haynesworth is an incredible player.....problem is only when he wants to be and that's about 20% of the game. And he'll miss a minimum of 4 games a year (check his stats).

Remember, Big Al claimed to be the next Reggie White when he came here. He claimed that the money wouldn't affect his performance. He claimed that he was a good team mate. Yet, he complained about Blache's scheme (a 4-3 mind you) and got in trouble with Zorn of all people for showing up late to practice. Then he complained about the 3-4 and the whole drama with Shanahan.

Snyder and Vinny screwed the pooch when they signed a guy like this for $100. If you pay that money to a player, you better be sure that guy is on the field most of the time......Haynesworth isn't.

Frankly, I don't care if the Skins stay 3-4 or 4-3 but either way they need to get rid of a pain like Haynesworth and find guys to fit their scheme and do their jobs.

this is the modern day nfl, I hate to break it to some of you, but all men are not equal on the football field and sometimes you cant treat everyone the same. most modern coaches know this.

Oh puh-leeze Ryman.

Everyone knows we live in the age of gazillionaire athletes and their requisite egos. But there's a difference between letting Clinton Portis call his own 'breather' breaks or giving other special treatment and the kind of absolute disrespectful crap that Fat Albert Haynesworth has pulled.

Not to mention, talk all you want about his dominance, but his impact on this team when he was on the field has been pretty underwhelming. I guess that's Shanahan's fault too though, right? :)

Well if it isn't enough that we are bickering about AH, Florio is throwing flame to the fire.

Well, the Vikings treated Favre differently, and how did that work out? The players that were not treated the same way were pissed, some spoke out against it, and the coach was eventually fired.

Favre misses all of training camp and it is o.k. Peterson misses one day to attend a parade in honor of himself, in his hometown, and he is fined. The coach calls him out in public. He was not happy and he spoke out against it. So did Harvin.

Childress is gone, and I assume the bias is as well, (although I admit this assumption may be wrong), however, the team is starting to play better.

Yes, this is a limited example and I am sure there are plenty more that we are not aware of. You could also use Coughlin as an example. Players hated him the first year. He refused to show favortism, they have been a pretty good team since.

Or how about the best coach of the past decade? Do you think Billicheck plays favorites? According to Brady...No!

OK, i didnt hear all that. but i still think when he IS playing they dont let him play enough. if were worried about looking foolish....well its too late. might as well let him in there and TRY to earn some of the check.

Mike, I read a small piece this morning saying he didn't practice, and Haslet was waiting for him outside the locker room to tell him he was inactive for the game. He then went off on the coach.

There's a slew of stories out there right now with Alberto denying the altercation... being inactive for being 1 minute late for practice.. you name it.

Unfortunately, as normal, we'll never really know the full story.

Yeah, I heard he missed Friday morning because he was sick. I would think that morning sickness relates to being hungover, unless of course he is pregnant. If he is expecting, then he should take some time off.

Well - only point I'd make it that it's hardly likely these coaches go out of their way to hamstring their ability to win games :) I mean, is anyone seriously suggesting that Shanahan, Haslett, and Company know Haynesworth could help them win games, but are going out of their way to sabotage his success because what they are really concerned about is showing him who's boss?

Is that even in the realm of possibility?

I have to think he's still on the roster because they recognize the potential impact he represents and desperately want him to get with the program, truly join the team as a Redskin, and help them win some games.

Any other viewpoint just strikes me as insane. But hey, that's me :)

Oh puh-leeze Ryman.

Everyone knows we live in the age of gazillionaire athletes and their requisite egos. But there's a difference between letting Clinton Portis call his own 'breather' breaks or giving other special treatment and the kind of absolute disrespectful crap that Fat Albert Haynesworth has pulled.

Not to mention, talk all you want about his dominance, but his impact on this team when he was on the field has been pretty underwhelming. I guess that's Shanahan's fault too though, right? :)

really there is a difference between a guy who played more snaps than any other DL on our team and played in a scheme that handcuffed him and still played very well and a guy who pulls himself constantly?

I would say that ah was disrespected by our FO and staff at least as much as he has been disrespectful, and as a matter of fact even this season when has our defence looked almost decent? when AH was playing and we ran 4 man fronts. strange. and yeah he lost too much weight and isnt as effective at 302 as he was at 340, and who was to blame for that?

and yeah he lost too much weight and isnt as effective at 302 as he was at 340, and who was to blame for that?

I think you are trying to imply that the coaches are at fault for his weight loss. But from what I read, when he first arrived to camp in his best Calista Flockhart impression, the coaches were shocked and that was not what was wanted. He lost the weight to try and force himself out of the NT position.

Of course, this report could be wrong as well. But, like I said in another thread, we do not know what is going on at that park, it is all hearsay.

I do not understand Ryman. The beginning of your sentence says 'no thats what I am saying.'

Not trying to be difficult, but I do not understand if you are agreeing with me saying that you are implying that the coaches are at fault or your not.

And forcing him to play nose tackle? Haslett orginally said that Haynesworth would be all over the line and that he looked forward to working with him. That was February or March, I imagine things did not work out the way they planned, but what ever works out the way you plan? Yes, his attitude might have had an influence here.

As for him being forced at nose tackle, with the amount of money he is paid, he should play whatever they tell him to. I know we will disagree on this, but if he is asked to clean the bathrooms, he should clean the bathrooms or forfeit the check and pay some money back. Even other players on other teams said that they would do whatever the Skins told him for that kind of money. I would or I would deny the cash.

i am not implying the coaches are at fault im saying it.

haslett started saying that when AH flat out refused to play nosetackle, it was a bone to try and get him to buy in nothing more, at the exact same time , Shannhan said and I quote" albert will play where I tell him". given shanny is the "man" ill take what he said as the right.

as for him to be forced to play NT? its easy to say that when you have never done it. I have, it actually made football lose its appeal for me as it was no longer fun. other players on the skins are operating the same they simply dont get it, most normal people would say the same thing, those people arent people who want to be HOF players. I am on AH's side on that not only because I went through it but because I feel the team screwed him over. he is not the first free agent who was sold a bill of goods to come here.

i am not implying the coaches are at fault im saying it.

haslett started saying that when AH flat out refused to play nosetackle, it was a bone to try and get him to buy in nothing more, at the exact same time , Shannhan said and I quote" albert will play where I tell him". given shanny is the "man" ill take what he said as the right.

as for him to be forced to play NT? its easy to say that when you have never done it. I have, it actually made football lose its appeal for me as it was no longer fun. other players on the skins are operating the same they simply dont get it, most normal people would say the same thing, those people arent people who want to be HOF players. I am on AH's side on that not only because I went through it but because I feel the team screwed him over. he is not the first free agent who was sold a bill of goods to come here.

Boo ****ing hoo. I'm poor Albert Haynesworth. I get paid $40 mil. guaranteed. I don't want to play 3-4 NT. Let me re-emphasize Ryman:

He didn't want to play DT in Blache's 4-3 either. Frankly, I'm not sure what the hell he wants to play other than to sit on his butt for 70% of the game and tell the media that he wants to play but nobody uses him correctly.

I don't feel a bit sorry for him, he's getting paid. I don't feel sorry for the Redskins either because they are the idiots that brought him here in the first place and they sold plenty of jerseys. I do feel sorry for the fans who have to put up with this soap opera from week to week. I also feel sorry for both of us who have to debate this topic instead of discussing other aspects of this mediocre team.

Boo ****ing hoo. I'm poor Albert Haynesworth. I get paid $40 mil. guaranteed. I don't want to play 3-4 NT. Let me re-emphasize Ryman:

He didn't want to play DT in Blache's 4-3 either. Frankly, I'm not sure what the hell he wants to play other than to sit on his butt for 70% of the game and tell the media that he wants to play but nobody uses him correctly.

I don't feel a bit sorry for him, he's getting paid. I don't feel sorry for the Redskins either because they are the idiots that brought him here in the first place and they sold plenty of jerseys. I do feel sorry for the fans who have to put up with this soap opera from week to week. I also feel sorry for both of us who have to debate this topic instead of discussing other aspects of this mediocre team.

Alberts skillset is as an attacking, disruptive type player, its what makes him one of the top defencive players in the league not just on our team. players with his size/speed disruptiveness are rare, very rare. When we signed him we promised him we would use his ability to the utmost , thats why he signed here. last year Blache would use him correctly about 25% of the time this year we use him right about 10%, just because it was a 4-3 formation didnt make it right just as using a 3-4 doesnt make it wrong, its the scheme that determines how a player is used, the alignment merely gives them a head start or a handicap.

the real issue is we made promises and then not only didnt keep them but smeared AH for even thinking we would, thats not how im used to the skins doing things.

for the record, most of us normal people would do what it took for the money, so would most nfl players who arent hof material, but not many hof modern day players would risk their legacy by doing it.

I do feel sorry for the fans who have to put up with this soap opera from week to week. I also feel sorry for both of us who have to debate this topic instead of discussing other aspects of this mediocre team.
Thank Mike Shanahan.

As far as the weight loss goes, anyone notice Fat Al hasn't been rolling around onthe ground grabbing his ankle this year? Not that he's played much, but still, last year he was "limping" to the sideline every third play with what looked like a game ending injury, only to be back two plays later.

Just a thought

It seems that more players then we hear about have had it with Alberto...

I told four veteran Redskins leaders I planned to write that Haynesworth should be cut. I may have added something about using a shovel to remove a large steaming pile from the middle of their locker room. Tell me now: Am I wrong?

"Blast away," said a Pro Bowler. "Now you feel our pain."

Another Pro Bowler kept punching the air with his finger in approval, as if he were at a religious revival agreeing with the preacher as I ranted about how Haynesworth was a team killer who was antithetical to everything Shanahan was trying to accomplish.

A third Pro-Bowler shook his head and said: "Go ahead. I can't say anything. Someday I will. Man, I'd love to be in the room when he and Shanahan met."

However, the clearest illustration of the Haynesworth problem may not be a Pro Bowler or a player with a Redskins future but ancient Phillip Daniels, 37, who's had a fine 15-year career and, these days, is sick as a dog - but won't miss a practice, a meeting or a single down when the team needs him.

Boswell: Albert Haynesworth must be let go by Redskins - now

While Alberto isn't the only problem this team has, he's being disruptive to the point that it's just not worth having him around. When members of the team sit around pre game discussing Alberto instead of the game to be played, that's beyond a problem... it's a disaster.

**** him. I would de-activate his ass for the rest of his contract and tell him and his agent if he wants to leave, to find us a 1st rounder. Otherwise, we'll keep you de-activated until you're too old to play

He has provided a great diversion away from all the real reasons this team has played so poorly.

None of which are Albert Haynesworth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.