• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth inactive

did you two even read what I wrote before defending the coaches?

lets recap
we sign a guy who is known as a great player WHEN HE WANTS TO BE and within a certain system.

we promise him that we are going to use him a certain way, to maximise our investment, more importantly WE PAY HIM A BUTTLOAD OF MONEY. common sense dictates that we wnat the most for our money so he assumes we are telling the truth.

now from the start we dont use him like we said we would, we run a soft system and expect him to two gap and play in a way that does not in fact make the most sense for our money. then on top of it we then hire a new coach who gets in a wiener measuring contest by saying publicly that we will play a 3-4 and that albert will be his NT despite albert having stated on the reconrd that he wont play Nt.

then we backtrack by saying we will run a hybrid and move albert around to get the most out of him, but then the HC says that albert will play where hes told and hes told nosetackle.

then we take a guarenteed bonus and tell albert that unless he gives up his guarenteed bonus he is expected to do what he has been told. then we have coaches bashing him by saying stuff like " albert is in terrible shape" despite him coming into camp 30 pounds lighter than last season. then the same coaches deactivate him, bench him, play him in random situations all the while saying he has refused to play in the 3-4 (which apparently was not the case as he was supposed to play NT against the Giants before being decativated again). and you guys think that the team and coaches are not at least partially to blame here?

I think Albert handled it poorly , and I think it was his mistake to handle it the way he did but I also think the team screwed the pooch on this bigtime.

when you have a star player who is a pain in the ass you try to minimise his reasons for being a pain in the ass, you dont poke him and prod him and hope he acts out.

what irks me is that people seem to think that this was unavoidable, and that Shanny didnt exacerbate the situation with his own ego for his own ends.

Would you listen to yourself? They paid him A HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!! Jesus...they made a bad situation worse? They paid him! That's their end of the bargain! His end? PLAY FOOTBALL!

So sick of this "well the Redskins..." EFF THAT. The Redskins paid him, he is expected to play football. End of story. That's it!

and its been documented that there was at least one other team THAT WAS WILLING TO PAY HIM MORE, and that he chose us because of the fact that we ran a 4-3 and we promised to use him as an attacking DT, so if you want to talk about breaking bargains, our end was KEEPING OUR WORD.

the redskins got him to come here by misleading him, everything else we are discussing starts at that point. is that simple enough for you?

Would you listen to yourself? They paid him A HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!! Jesus...they made a bad situation worse? They paid him! That's their end of the bargain! His end? PLAY FOOTBALL!

So sick of this "well the Redskins..." EFF THAT. The Redskins paid him, he is expected to play football. End of story. That's it!

the same person who says he's happy with Shanahan's performance cuz he "changed the culture"!! what? culture? how did it get to be a detriment in the first place?

I get so sick of inconsistent argument.

and its been documented that there was at least one other team THAT WAS WILLING TO PAY HIM MORE, and that he chose us because of the fact that we ran a 4-3 and we promised to use him as an attacking DT, so if you want to talk about breaking bargains, our end was KEEPING OUR WORD.

the redskins got him to come here by misleading him, everything else we are discussing starts at that point. is that simple enough for you?

well...I don't know if I'd go that far Ry......saying they mislead AH gives Vinny/Danny too much credit for craftiness.

so, it looks now as if the Redskins will be trying to get a pick back for Haynesworth and maybe McNabb as well in the offseason.

what an irony.

despite the change in approach to preparing to play the game by Shanahan's staff the PERSONNEL side is still WAY TOO MUCH about acquiring and depending upon 30 year old players.

what 4-12 team gives up prime draft choices for 34 year old quarterbacks and 30 year old tackles?

what 4-12 team gives up prime draft choices for 34 year old quarterbacks and 30 year old tackles?

I think we've finally found a question we ALL know and agree upon an answer for :)

youre right Ry, the Skins had a crystal ball and knew that in a year that Zorn and Blache would be out and replaced with new coaches AND a new defense but still decided to waste the money JUST to screw Haynesworth over.

man, that Snyder is one shifty guy. He is even more diabolical then we could have imagined.

whoah Mike, your logic is somewhat flawed here and let me tell you why, You dont NEED a crystal ball to see that this team is built for a 4-3. you can watch film. at the beginning of all this I asked an important question, WHO ON THIS TEAM DOES A 3-4 SWITCH BENEFIT? of course the 3-4 adherents all parroted the same tired bs that turned out to be wrong anyway. then I asked if you do a cost/benefit analysis is it worth it? and overwhelmingly it wasnt. now im just a fat guy on a couch in canada, I dont have access to indepth film, I would stack my knowledge of the game against anyone but I dont have the resources that these idiots did, and yet who was right? That alone should be scary to any shanny supporter. Im not even the only one ffs.

You dont need a crystal ball to see that despite a #5 ranking, there needed to be some changes made to become more aggressive, again you can watch film and come to that conclusion if you have any sort of football acumen at all. changing the aligment doesnt automaticaly make us fail, but changing it without getting the right players in place does. again, im just a guy on a couch, yet I was right when guys with superior resources and supposedly superior knowledge bases didnt. and im far from the only one who has said it.

Ive actually defended Snyder on several occasions as the one thing he is not, is tight with the wallet. I think he saw on a fan level that we were built to run a 4-3 and only a moron would take the work of several seasons and throw it away out of sheer ego.

and what we did was waste the money and screw haynesworth, ac, jarmon, fletch and rocky over. and completely waste a year. what makes this really really galling is that it was obvious to a lot of very savvy football people yet obviously not obvious to our "i have 2 rings" coach. that alone scares me , I am getting old (remember football years guys lol), my kidneys are failing and im not invincible anymore, im not saying this as a woe is me thing, im saying I dont know how many more seasons I personally have, to watch my favourite team win a superbowl.

so it bugs me to watch as we tread water and make stupid easy avoidable mistakes.

The hugest thing in all this is I know longer trust Shannahans football acumen, his two largest moves, signing Mcnabb and switching to a 3-4 have been abject fails thus far, and while I can see Mcnabb improving marginally if we get a better line, I cant see even marginal improvement with this aborted mission of a defence.

Ryman, in all seriousness. Could you please give it a rest with your, "Redskins were wrong in how they handled Albert Haynesworth" rhetoric? If you go back through this and the several other Hanyesworth threads, you have repeated your understanding of the situation time and time again! I am pretty sure we understand your points! We just don't agree with all of it! And yes, it is your opinion! You have given no verifiable facts, only your opinion. You have based this opinion on your experience and what you are able to decipher from the media.

Let's recap:

3-4? Wrong personnel!

Haslett is an idiot! I hear ya!

Shanahan was wrong to try to force Albert Haynesworth to play out of his comfort zone. Got it!

Albert played only a small part in this saga because 2 different coaching staffs and 2 different front offices never gave him a chance to succeed in Washington. We understand what you are saying.

Please just let it rest! Maybe for a couple of days?

Last edited:
Ryman, in all seriousness. Could you please give it a rest with your, "Redskins were wrong in how they handled Albert Haynesworth" rhetoric? If you go back through this and the several other Hanyesworth threads, you have repeated your understanding of the situation time and time again! I am pretty sure we understand your points! We just don't agree with all of it! And yes, it is your opinion! You have given no verifiable facts, only your opinion. You have based this opinion on your experience and what you are able to decipher from the media.

Let's recap:

3-4? Wrong personnel!

Haslett is an idiot! I hear ya!

Shanahan was wrong to try to force Albert Haynesworth to play out of his comfort zone. Got it!

Albert played only a small part in this saga because 2 different coaching staffs and 2 different front offices never gave him a chance to succeed in Washington. We understand what you are saying.

Please just let it rest! Maybe for a couple of days?

now El...how is that any different from sophomoric "do what your boss tells ya to do" gibberish repeated a 1,000 times?

now El...how is that any different from sophomoric "do what your boss tells ya to do" gibberish repeated a 1,000 times?

You have got to be kidding me, right? I wasn't going to do it, but what I am gonna do tomorrow after I edit some photos is go over the statistics on this issue. I will bet you dollars to donuts that Ryman has posted 2 times as many posts about Albert Haynesworth's mishandling than all his opposition combined!

whenever its discussed I post what i think. if people didnt make facetious observations or flat out fallacious ones based on misinformation, I probably wouldnt post about it at all. lol

most of my issues with this new staff all come back to those key issues. most of my criticisms? ditto.

and im curious, is what you are saying that my statements are opinions while those of others are facts?

because im pretty sure I have posted enough facts to support my statements, ad nauseum one could say.

and im curious, is what you are saying that my statements are opinions while those of others are facts?

because im pretty sure I have posted enough facts to support my statements, ad nauseum one could say.

Yes you have!

No, I am not saying that others are factually correct either. What I am doing, and others feel since I have received private messages applauding me for it, is pleading with you to give it a rest. You have clogged up the board with your comments about him. Many of us are growing weary and you just don't seem to appreciate that we do indeed understand what you are saying. We just don't agree, whole heartedly, with your opinion.

You could very well be right. In fact there is much that I agree with! But you have labored long and hard to get us to agree with you unreservedly. We don't and we won't. There is nothing more you can say about Albert Haynesworth that you haven't already covered. So I am asking you to give it a rest. I will offer the same!

Good news. We play the Bucs on Sunday. Albert won't be there. So we'll have a whole new set of subjects to contend with.

I'm hoping a surprisingly easy Redskins win is among them :)

fair enough it is starting to feel like the regular media around , all albert all the time lol

:claps: Here's looking forward to a Sunday full of frustration, heart wrenching play and the Redskins playing more upbeat like Bulldog's Twin suggests. Perhaps even plucking off another decent team like we have earlier in the season.

HTTR!

well, given that Haynesworth produced 20 tackles and 2.5 sacks this year the one thing I HOPE this board is NOT full of after the Bucs game is over is additional handwringing that 'things would have been different on the field if we had Albert' :)

I can just see that coming if the Redskins lose this football game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.