• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth inactive

All true. I was merely trying to dispute what appears to be a blanket statement, that good players always do what they are told.

It'd be interesting to see how today's media people would respond to Riggins not practicing because of his numerous hangovers, and him walking out of practice when he felt like it.

We were winning, so the coaches and players looked the other way. And the fans never knew. And the media didn't care.

Times is different now.

And for the love of God, I'm not comparing AH to any former Redskin greats. Just pointing to some similarities in certain situations.
(this is meant for anyone in general, and not you personally r44)

First of all, I take no offense to any difference of opinion. This is what makes this a great place. To see such an active thread with all the different view points expressed is great and healthy.

I agree that time are different. However, if you put Riggins and his antics in today's media world my gut is nothing would change. Reason is the other players knew he had their backs and they could count on him.

With Haynesworth I don't see the other players having same feeling. Haynesworth probably has(had) the potential to have a greater impact, but his fellow players never knew if he would be available or give it 100%. It is rare in sports where you see teammates calling out one of their own.

I'm not listening as much to the media as I am the voices from within the locker room. Hearing Daniels and Fletcher speak out says a lot. Cooley and others have been more careful with their words, but when read between the lines they seem to be saying the same thing.

If we were winning this would have never gone public. The old proverb regarding winning curing all is very true.

This is mostly an event list with some opinion sprinkled in. If you want to call me a moron, etc., please do not reply, I do not want to hear from you anyways. I will be on here sporadically throughout the weekend, but I may not comment until later.

Almost two years ago the Redskins decided to make Albert Haynesworth their newest trophy. A couple of days earlier, rumor hit the street about how much money Haynesworth was going to command. I believe it was a radio jockey in Texas that said he would be a Redskin for a cool $100 mil. A lot of people brushed it aside saying the jockey was in it for the ratings. In the end he was right.

There were three teams in the final bidding, the Giants, Bucs, and Redskins. According to the Giants they backed out near the end of negotiations because the contract was going to be too rich for them. I consider them the smart ones. The Bucs actually offered more than the Redskins, but Haynesworth chose the Skins because, according to him, they had a better team and a better future (not his exact words, but that was the just of it).

Some Skins fans were excited, others questioned whether or not this was the right choice. Haynesworth had a ton of baggage coming with him, plus he was going to eat up a massive part of the salary cap. The Redskins could have 3-4 quality free agents for what they paid Haynesworth and this upset a lot of fans, myself included. We had pined for defensive line help for years, but the team never obtained it. Well, except for Carter. He was a solid DE, but that was really all we had. Most Skins fans did not believe in him either, shame.

So, Haynesworth signs the 7 year $100 million dollar deal, with $41 million guaranteed. This is not a $100 million dollar deal because in his fifth year the Redskins would owe Haynesworth $29 million dollar base salary. That essentially made this a 4 year $48 million dollar deal. Now, anyone that is familiar with the Skins would assume that when year 5 comes around, and Albert is still there, they would just shuffle some money around and keep him. They have done it quite often over the past decade.

Now according to Haynesworth, the Skins told him that he would play similar to the way he played in Tennessee, 'free.’ As he states, “I am not a space eater.” This was the Skins second mistake, besides signing him, IMO. I do not think you promise a guy that he is going to have the freedom to play the way he likes. He must fit the system if you are going to sign him, a problem the Skins have had several times. Round peg, square hole.

However, it is just as much as Haynesworth’s fault that he signed here as it is the Skins. If Hayneworth would have done his homework, he would have seen that Blache does not allow his DT’s to freewheel. If Haynesworth was truly worried about how he would be used, he could have checked Blache’s resume. Blache has always been a very soft Coordinator dating back to his time with the Bears. This whole situation could have been avoided if Haynesworth and his agent did their homework instead of worrying about the big money. Also, if Haynesworth really was focused on winning and being aggressive, he should have listened to the Giants a little more intently.

So, anyways he signs, and he vows that you will not remember the guy that stomped on Andre Gurode’s head and created problems for the Titans. Also, let it be known that the Titans offered Haynesworth a contract that would have paid him $11 mil a year for four years (I could be wrong on this, but it is close). It would have made him the highest paid DT in the league.

Well let’s fast forward a bit to the 2009 season; the offseason went smoothly after all. Things start going a little bit south for the Haynesworth-Skins marriage. The are rumors coming out of Redskins Park that Haynesworth does not like the way he is being used in Blache’s system. As fans, we do not know if this is true, we have to give Haynesworth the benefit of the doubt, because we have not heard it directly from him. However, most Skins fans really do not like Blache’s system either. Although the yardage totals are low (4th ranked D), the PPG and turnovers are awful! Most people feel that Blache needs to create more pressure; some look at the ranking and think everything is o.k.!

I must have missed some things during the season that went on behind the scenes at Redskins Park because Albert shows up late one day to practice and gets sent home. Now, I do not think he would be sent home for just being late. There had to be other events that led up to this moment, if you know, please fill me in.

This sends Albert into a tizzy. He begins to cry about the scheme, coaches and organization. He claims that they are, “All out to get me or whatever.” He also says that he could not, “survive another year in this system if it stays the way it is.” Haynesworth and the Skins should have known what they were getting into.

Throughout the 2009 season a lot of Skins fans are crying that Haynesworth takes too many plays off. I agree he embellishes his injuries a bit, but he never took too many plays off. According to Pro Football Focus, Albert played 573 snaps in 2009. He played in 12 games missing four, he has never played a full 16 games, and that is something the Skins should have been more cognizant of. Anyways, these numbers are good enough to put him at an average of close to 48 snaps per game which would put him in the top ten DT’s for playing time.

O.K., so at this point everything is going south. It only gets worse when Shannahan arrives. In a recent interview, Shannahan said that he spoke with Albert when he first got there and that he did not like Blache’s system, no surprise there we already knew that. Now Shannahan decides that he is going to run a 3-4 instead. Rumor has it that Haynesworth is going to be the NT, which of course rumors claim that he does not want to play. At this point, one must ask themselves, what does he want to play? Albert’s way would be the answer.

Haslett is hired to run the 3-4 and in an interview on Redskins.com he claims that he has talked with Albert and he will be all over the line, NT and DE. He was going to create favorable matchups with him and take advantage of his athleticism. Well, rumors fly back and forth with no substantial evidence from Haynesworth that he does in fact hate the 3-4. He never comes out in public and says it.

When Bruce Allen was hired, one of the first things he says is that he does not like the way Albert’s contract is structured. Because of the uncertainty of future salary cap ramifications, the Skins move a large portion of Albert’s guaranteed money up. This was not a bargaining chip like some have suggested. This was to get the money cleared up for the future. They did the same thing with DeAngelo Hall’s contract. This $21 million dollar bonus was in fact Albert’s to have all along; it was a part of the $41 million. If they did not move this money to the present, Haynesworth would have just collected it in the future. However, if he had collected it in the future, a different team might have paid for it had he been traded or at least worked out a payment plan with the Redskins.

There was a stipulation with this money being moved to the forefront. If Albert cashed the check, he would agree to play in the 3-4 and anywhere on the field he was needed. I think that is fair enough. Shannahan also told him that if he did not want to play in the 3-4, then he should not cash the check and he would be released. Now, as far as him being flat out released, I do not know the salary ramifications. I could not imagine the Redskins releasing him and still paying him the $41 million, something would have to give.

Now another stipulation with this bonus is that at the end of the 2010 season, if he still wants out, he would have to pay back $16 million. Will he pay it back this offseason? I don’t think so. DeAngelo Hall has something similar.

The Redskins acquired McNabb in April. At this time it was rumored that Haynesworth was involved in the trade. His name had been part of the negotiations dating back to February, prior to him receiving the bonus. Neither team said that this was true, just a lot of rumors with reporters. Where there is smoke there is fire.

So, Haynesworth cashes the check, but refuses to come to off season activities. Now, you cannot force a player to go to off season practices, but it would behoove them and the team. It is especially beneficial when new systems are being put into place. Albert is the only guy to miss 100% of the off season. He forfeits workout bonuses and stays in Tennessee. This really irks Shannahan, but he could not do anything about it at the time. Albert promises to be there for the start of Training Camp.

When Training Camp comes around, Albert demands a trade. What??? Excuse me???? We just paid you your money, up front, unfortunately, and now you do not want to work for us??? Now imagine that you just paid someone $21 million dollars up front to perform a job that he agreed to. He did not like it, but, he knew what was coming. What would be your reaction? Me, I would go Tanya Harding on his knees. So, of course, they are not going to trade him unless he pays back the money or finds a team to pay for a large portion, if not all of the bonus. Not going to happen.

During this time many players come out and bash Haynesworth. Ray Lewis says,
"I mean, I don't have to create a response. The response is, whatever you want me to do coach, let's get it done. If you want to switch the defense because you think it'll work better in a 3-4 -- I played in a 4-3 my whole life, but we switched up to a 3-4.
"Ok, Ray, you're gonna have to take on more guards, you're gonna have to do this and that.
"Ok, coach, I'll adjust. Do I like it? Hmm, nah. But I'll adjust, so let's do it, you know what I'm saying? And through that process, I won the defensive player of the year in the 4-3 in 2000, and in 2003 I came back and won the defensive player of the year in the 3-4. So it don't matter. Bottom line. Bottom line. Football is football, man,...
"No matter what the scheme is, y'all work together as businessmen to get it done. Because that's ultimately what it is, it's a business, so let's come to work and let's work together to figure this out. Ok, what best fits you? Ok, well, let's go to this sometimes, and then sometimes you don't like it, then we'll switch back to a 4-3, so play with that. But all of this? No, too much. Too much."
How about former teammate and current NFLPA President, Kevin Mawae, "You talk about someone putting a mask on and going in backwards to get his paycheck," Mawae said. "I mean, if you don't want to be there, don't take the $21 million contract. How things turned out, it's no surprise to guys that have played with him in Tennessee. You know, what do you say?

"I mean, you're getting paid a ton of money to play less and you're complaining about it," he continued. "At the end of the day, it's one thing to be a football player and get paid lots of money, but there's a whole lot more to be said about being a man. You know, he's a [inaudible] player when he wants to be and he can be one of the best in the league and I've said that to him in his face before. But to this point he doesn't want to do it on a consistent basis."

"At some point in time in the game, you know, you got to do what's right for yourself and what's right for you and your family. I think $32 million guaranteed in one year pretty much takes care of those issues. I think the other issues go beyond the football field."
There were many other players, but no need to mention them all. However, I think this is pretty damning when it comes from the NFLPA President, a guy that is supposed to have your back in these situations.

Finally, Albert shows up lighter than expected. Rumor has it that he lost weight to force himself out of being the NT. Shannahan decides that Haynesworth needs to take the conditioning test. Haynesworth does and fails. Shannahan admits that Haynesworth is the only one that has to take it because he was the only one to miss the offseason. Shannahan takes a lot of heat for this, but I cannot get angry with him here. Many coaches come out and said that they do the same things with their players. Things get a little bit personal when expectations are not met. I would be angry if I was Shanny as well.

Players for the Redskins have failed the conditioning tests in the past and still have been allowed to play, see Fred Smoot. I was glad to see Shannahan sticking by his guns here. Also, at this time, Albert comes up with some strange disease. Many people speculated that it was either made up or alcohol related. It lasts for a minimal amount of time and everyone forgets about it.

More and more drama ensues. People complain that Albert should not be on the field during 3rd and 4th quarters of the preseason. My argument here is he needs to learn the position properly if he wants to play. He refused to come to offseason workouts and is behind on his preparation, he needs to play as much as possible. Finally we make it to the final preseason game. Albert has looked dominant at times and poor at other times. However, in the final game he looks like he just does not give a darn. This causes him to go back into the doghouse, not that he ever left really, but things were slowly looking up.

Let’s fast forward to the middle of the season. Everything is looking a little better. Albert says that he has agreed with the coaches about his playing time and the schemes he is involved in. Music to everyone’s ears! Everything is looking better, outside of his brother’s death of course. But then it appears as if he is getting lazy on the field. Check the Vick play, I thought he was hurt. I wished he was hurt, because I find the lack of effort pretty damning of his character. Not that his character was great to begin with.

I am not going to get too much into what has happened lately, it is fresh in everyone’s minds, plus I am tired of writing. What I will say is that I do not give much fault to Shannahan. I fault the prior administration more than Shannahan. I understand how and why the coach has taken this personal. He gave the player an out and the player lied, I think it is that simple. There have been a lot of rumors, he said, she said type stuff, but we as fans have no idea what is going on behind those doors. I will take Shannahan’s word over Albert’s any day based on their characters.

Keep in mind that if both player and coach were respectable, I would not choose sides. I believe Shannahan has reasons for the suspension, and he is not going to release all those reasons to the public. It would be bad business.

I think there is a bigger picture here that many are missing. For years the Redskins have been home to high priced, underachieving talent. I think Shannahan is changing that image. If you want to be paid, you must play and play hard, character counts. In recent memory, Coughlin, and Schottenheimer both started off on bad terms with their respective teams. Unfortunately, Marty ball did not get to stay in D.C., but his second half of the season was very respectable. Coughlin has gone on and done great things with the Giants. Hopefully, Shannahan will do the same for the Skins.

I imagine everyone in the organization would have hoped it worked out better. I don’t think Albert was an example just to be an example. I do implore the Redskins faithful to find a little patience. I know it is hard, we have tried for years, but I think we have two true leaders on this team in Allen and Shannahan. Let’s give them a chance for a couple of years until they prove us wrong. Easier said than done, I know, but that is what I am doing.

P.S. I don’t think the Skins should cut Haynesworth this off season. We have paid him too much money to let him walk. I would keep him on the team unless another team decides that they will work with a reasonable trade. If he does not want to play the 3-4, then he does not play. Of course, I am spiteful.

I don't know Al...I'm not saying Shanahan gets a pass...the decision to stubbornly stick with a 3-4 defense alone is questionable...but it is year 1. Gutting him as 'horrendous' when he inherited a culture, roster, and support that could only get 4 wins the season prior - that just sounds extreme to me.

I'm not trying to beat on you - but it's his first season. Gibbs had relatively starts both the first go-round and upon his return. Would I feel better if we were playing better as the season progressed as those Joe Gibbs teams did? Yeah - of course. But it's also fair to say this team has had more than it's share of injuries, often at positions we could ill-afford them. And the schedule has not been all that kind either.

If you've made up your mind on the Shanahan era after just 12 games, I think you'd made up your mind before he ever began. You're also going to be eating more crow than we've got in storage if he turns it around. Epic crow. We may have to make a crow run just for you :)

And you think Shanahan has gotten a pass from the media? Seriously? He's been pummelled repeatedly this year.

Just havin some fun Boone. you know I have posted elsewhere that he needs another year or two before we fan vultures can start pickin the bones clean....:)...

I just don't care for Shanahan as the front man for the Skins. He just doesn't project Joe Gibbs' humanity and sense of presence. Shanahan, at the end of the day, strikes me as being all about Shanahan. it's incidental that he happens to be coach of the Skins...could just as easily have been the Gints or Panthers. can't say the same about JG.

Omni...welcome aboard!

Omni...so where do you fall on the "but we're seeing the same bonehead mistakes" curve? that's my problem. as part of the culture change I expected disciplined execution on the field. but we're not seeing that either. same old patterns. that's when I have to ask myself what real difference Shanahan has made.

I don't think it is fair to criticise Shannahan for the product on the field at this point. I am going to reserve judgement for two more years. I think this team is so far down the crapper, that it will take a few years to dig out.

As far as McNabb and Brown are concerned (same old yada), I think Shannahan was looking for some immediate legitimacy for this team. He might have failed in this area, especially with Brown. But, you are bound to make a few mistakes. We will see where we end up.

Also, there were rumors that McNabb was part of a bigger deal that fell through. I don't know how legitimate these rumors were, but I would not doubt them. Keep in mind all of the Bradford rumors as well. Maybe McNabb was a piece to the puzzle, but he ended up not fitting in the end and we got stuck with him.

Hey, when Snyder comes out and says it may take a few years to build a good team, I think people should listen. He said this back before the season began. If I can find the link I will post it. This has not been the kind of owner that would allow this to happen.

Pretty well written and well thought our post omniscient, but there are a few inconsistencies.

Griffin was actually a pretty solid DT until last year, and we got rid of that Dixon kid who would have also given us a solid Dt, the problem is that none of the Dts we had other than montgomery gave us a real inside presence, griff was solid as a gap shooting 3 tech but Blah wouldnt let him do that as much as Williams did. We were lacking at DE for what seems forever, and carter took a while to get rolling too, then we went and got Jarmon and then drafted Rak, we should have been set at DE.

Im glad someoen besides me remembers that promises where made that affected where AH chose to play IMHO when you make a deal with someone it shouldnt matter if its written or not. to me this was the biggest mistake the team made bar none. near the end of last year he was getting fed up with playing the soft scheme and Albert did go on record as not liking to two gap and he made a comment about how it was almost as bad as playing nosetackle in a 3-4 in an interview with espn.

you also forgot that Shannhan decided to tell the media immediately after he was hired that he would be running a 3-4 defence and that Albert would be his nosetackle and this was before he had even talked to the team or to a DC.

now as for the money, the 21 mil was never supposed to be a bargaining tool, and imho the redskins screwed up by essentially saying " this is your money but you can only have it if you tell us what we want to hear."

Stabby lewis whined non stop for 2 seasons when the ravens went to a 3-4 and it did affect his stats for the first 2 seasons. he has also held out after signing contracts and openly disparaged teammates and coaches before. I dont take him seriously.

and because not a lot of people understood how AH's contract was structured and because his agent was too stupid to do the PR stuff, most people assumed he took the money and reneged.

all in all I would say youre pretty accurate but a few things you are a bit off about.

Shannys big mistake other than AH and the 3-4 idiocy was coming out and saying that he hates the world rebuild and that he thought we would be competitive right away. that right there is what set expectations out of whack. I agree we will need 2-3 seasons to look decent again, 4 if we stay with the 3-4.

Pretty well written and well thought our post omniscient, but there are a few inconsistencies.

Griffin was actually a pretty solid DT until last year, and we got rid of that Dixon kid who would have also given us a solid Dt, the problem is that none of the Dts we had other than montgomery gave us a real inside presence, griff was solid as a gap shooting 3 tech but Blah wouldnt let him do that as much as Williams did. you also forgot that Shannhan decided to tell the media immediately after he was hired that he would be running a 3-4 defence and that Albert would be his nosetackle and this was before he had even talked to the team or to a DC.

now as for the money, the 21 mil was never supposed to be a bargaining tool, and imho the redskins screwed up by essentially saying " this is your money but you can only have it if you tell us what we want to hear."

Thanks, I thought it was poorly written just because I did it so fast. I write pretty well when I take my time.

Good call on Griffin. Totally forgot about him. I had high hopes for Montgomery, that just did not work out. I think that was his problem coming out of college, poor working habits. As far as Dixon, hindsight, it happens all the time!

As far as Shannahan's quote in the press conference, I really do not remember that at all. I know there are a lot of things I missed in the timeline :)

As far as the money being a barganing tool, I don't see it that way at all. I have seen you say this before, but it would have just been flat out dumb to use it in that sense. I think I explained it in my post.

The money was moved forward. Yes, it was Haynesworth's but they moved it up for salary cap purposes. They did the same thing with Hall (not as big). They would not have paid Haynesworth in one large sum if he did not agree to the system. It would have been dumb to pay him if he did not agree. Another team might have been on the books for that money if he decided he wanted to leave. The Skins do not want to pay bonuses for other teams.

It is possible that they could have gotten rid of him and out of the contract with minimal damage if he did not want to stay. He would have still gotten his money. Maybe half here, half somewhere else. There are a million scenarios.

This was not a bargaining chip. It was a let's take care of the future while there is no salary cap chip.

Shannahan has flat out said " we told him if he took the 21 million he would play where we told him. to me that suggests that if he did not take it then they would cut him. but to me it seemed rather foolish to tell someone " dont take money we owe you so that we will cut you."

and i think they moved all the guarenteed money up just so that they could cut him or trade him next year if there is a cap, otherwise we wuold be on the hook capwise.

Like I said, I do not know the cap ramifications if they did cut him. They offered to cut him prior to the money. You take the money, you play where and how we tell you. Seems fair to me. The money he is owed over the next two years is between 5-6 mil one year and around 6-7 the second year. That is manageable. If you add 21 mil (split evenly between this year and the next two, hypothetical) to those two numbers then you are looking at 13 mil and 14 mil.

Nobody in their right mind wants to pay 13 and 14 mil for a DT or a NT per year. Like I said in the post, TN offered 11 mil per year and that would have been the highest for a DT in the league ever.

Bruce Allen said he hated the way this deal was set from day one. He would have never structured it that way.

Hypothetical: if the team did not move that money forward, Haynesworth stays, and salary cap decreases because of the new CBA, the Skins are in big trouble. Move it forward while you can.

If this was a bargaining chip, how do you explain D. Hall? Same situation, just he has not been refusing to line up.

More information on the salary cap per Football Outsiders:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-cap/2010/under-cap-redskins-utilizing-uncapped-year

24 Mar 2010

Under the Cap: Redskins Utilizing the Uncapped Year by J.I. Halsell

After nearly three weeks, the team many suspected to be most likely to leverage the uncapped year has finally done so. However, contrary to popular thought, the Redskins didn't take advantage by signing Julius Peppers and Karlos Dansby all on the same day. Instead, the Redskins renegotiated the contracts of defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

As of March 11, the Redskins had a total team salary of $141.6 million. By virtue of the Haynesworth and Hall renegotiations of March 12th, this number is now roughly $170 million. To put this in perspective, the baseline salary cap in 2009 was $128 million. So what did the Redskins do?

In his infamous $100 million contract of 2009, Haynesworth had a $21-million option bonus. As part of the deal, the Redskins reserved the right to convert that option bonus to a signing bonus, and that’s exactly what they did. But they converted it with a slight twist. Not only did they convert the option bonus to a $21-million signing bonus, but they also added a voidable provision. In the provision, if Haynesworth pays back $26 million of his signing bonuses, then the 2011-2014 contract years void away. From a team salary accounting standpoint -- because the voidable is solely in the player’s control -- the proration of the signing bonus does not go into 2011-2014. That means all of the $21 million signing bonus counts in the uncapped year of 2010. As a result, Haynesworth’s team salary number in 2010 went from $8.8 million to a whopping $25.6 million. His subsequent team salary numbers are $6.4 million, $8.2 million, $10 million, $10.8 million, and $12.8 million, respectively.

Similarly, Hall had a $15 million option bonus in his contract 2009 contract. The Redskins converted this $15 million to a signing bonus and provided Hall with the voidable clause, whereby the entire $15 million, from a team salary accounting standpoint, stays in 2010. As a result of this maneuver, Hall’s team salary number went from $6.8 million to $18.3 million in 2010. His subsequent manageable team salary numbers are $5.3 million, $6.8 million, $8.3 million, and $9.5 million, respectively.

In a December ESPN.com article, I discussed Redskins GM Bruce Allen's creativity with the cap and contracts. The Haynesworth and Hall renegotiations illustrate that creativity. The voidable language added to the Haynesworth and Hall contracts is the same device included in the contract for center Jeff Faine that Allen in Tampa. Interestingly, Allen named the voidable clause the "I-4 Off-Ramp," named after the highway that joins Tampa to the rest of central Florida.

Some may point to the release of veterans Fred Smoot, Rock Cartwright, Cornelius Griffin, Randy Thomas, and Antwaan Randle El, among others, as a sign of the Redskins taking advantage of the uncapped year. The reality is that those terminations were relatively meaningless in terms of salary total. If those veterans (including Ladell Betts, Todd Collins, and Chris Samuels) had been on the team, they would have counted $30.8 million in team salary. As a result of their terminations, their dead money totals $30.5 million, a savings of $300,000. If anything, the uncapped year allows the Redskins to replace these players without being .....................

More at the link.......

Not sure where else to put this, any chance this headline will refer to Fat Al in a few years:

Stubblefield gets jail term for mail theft

According to the Associated Press, a federal judge has sentenced former San Francisco 49ers star Dana Stubblefield to 90 days in jail for stealing his former girlfriend's mail.

The 40-year-old Stubblefield, a defensive lineman for the 49ers, Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders from 1993 to 2003, was sentenced by U.S.

District Court Judge Susan Illston on Thursday.

Earlier this year, Stubblefield admitted submitting a change of address form so his former girlfriend's mail, including her unemployment checks, would be delivered to his residence.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescr...ld-gets-jail-term-for-mail-theft/Default.aspx

No I think the headline with AH will be along the lines that he was hurt or killed in a speedboat accident, seeing as he loves his speedboat so much.

Here's a nice sum-up on Fat Al from Bill Simmons:

(Unrelated: I'm adding the words "Albert Haynesworth" to my ESPN Outsider account. For how long can we rehash the fact that one of the league's worst owners badly overpaid a shaky character guy who tried hard in a contract year, roped somebody into overpaying him, then mailed it in from that point on? Wow, what a crazy sequence of events! That never happens! Nobody saw that coming! I keep waiting for Daniel Snyder to buy WikiLeaks.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/week14picks&sportCat=nfl

goal, simmons forgot to add that the team pretty much did everything possible to make a bad situation worse. make promises and not keep them, force a round peg into a square hole, agitate and poke and prod the guy who is already a big baby, yeah I can see how thats gonna work lol.

ill compare it to dexter again, Gibbs knew he had himself a problem child but rather than make stuff worse he finessed the situation and got production from him.

goal, simmons forgot to add that the team pretty much did everything possible to make a bad situation worse. make promises and not keep them, force a round peg into a square hole, agitate and poke and prod the guy who is already a big baby, yeah I can see how thats gonna work lol.

ill compare it to dexter again, Gibbs knew he had himself a problem child but rather than make stuff worse he finessed the situation and got production from him.

Would you listen to yourself? They paid him A HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!! Jesus...they made a bad situation worse? They paid him! That's their end of the bargain! His end? PLAY FOOTBALL!

So sick of this "well the Redskins..." EFF THAT. The Redskins paid him, he is expected to play football. End of story. That's it!

OK, for the record, I posted Simmons' take on it because I thought it was funny. I now see I erred. My apologies for having a sense of humor.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.