• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So Now It's Our Fault?

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
First, I have to say I have never boo'ed my team!!! I have screamed my displeasure in the form of an expletive or two, but never a flat out boo.

I have been to 4 of the 6 home games this season and I have to say this story is exaggerated! I have been present during some booing in the past and some this year, mostly at the Eagles' game, but the extent of the booing is far less than last year (I was at 5 games last year). There was a time yesterday when the fans began to boo during the first quarter and by the end of the game there was a little fan disapproval, but this article makes it appear wide spread.

Look, there is a simple remedy for the limited boo'ing, play to your abilities! I don't think the fans would ever boo a 100% effort. But what we have seen the past few years is not 100%.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/carlos-rogers/washington-redskins-are-strugg.html?hpid=artslot

Oh Carlos. Oh Carlos. This is not going to end well.

Really dumb thing to say. Joe Gibbs can tell him (and anyone who will listen) how rockin' our fans can be when we have a team playing with effort and heart.

Is it possible fans are tired of seeing you drop yet another INT that hit you right in the numbers? Hmmm?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Boo-Freakin-Hoo. Jabs at the fans, even half hearted ones like this one, aren't going to help. Give us something to cheer about and we will cheer. Play .500 ball (or below) year in and year out and we only end up cheering about half the time or less. It's simple math. If the team wasn't mathematically eliminated from the playoffs most years by December the stands wouldn't be half full of our opponents fans. That's my fault how?

Hey Carlos, defend more passes and drop less "sure thing" interceptions and you could become a fan favorite rather than being a guy who is considered expendable nearly every off-season. Then when you drop one once in a while we can see past it. This isn't little league where everyone gets a trophy just for showing up, even the kid who spent the whole season picking his nose out in deep left field. Show us something.

Banks is a fan favorite because he puts out every time he touches the ball, and it's obvious. Cooley catches most everything that comes his way and fights for yards. Hall runs his mouth a lot BUT he makes plays. Orakpo doesn't complain he just makes plays. Fletcher gives you everything he has even though he's out of position in a 3-4. When Moss dropped that pass over the middle on 3rd down Sunday I didn't hear any booing, because he has goodwill in the bank.

Dry your eyes little fella. I'll cheer louder for you next time the Eagles are up 35-0 in the first half and you're felling a little low. I'm sure that would have made all the difference. What a putz.

No one is ever going to accuse the Redskins of having the smartest roster in the NFL, that's for damn sure.

Interesting tidbit...

I was watching the final moments of the Auburn-Alabama game on Friday and Alabama was down to its final series. The Alabama QB tossed a twenty-five yard pass over the middle and an Auburn DB had an interception right in his hands.

His number was 22. An Auburn player. You guessed it. The pass was dropped. Go figure.

Back to the story - Ugh. Carlos, what are you thinking when saying such things?

Oh Carlos. That was an unfortunate decision.

I gotta say, it looks like his days here are 'bout over. Shame too because he is a good CB. He may not be able to catch the damn thing, but he is a quality corner in the NFL.

I really don't have anything against Rogers. He's a solid CB. Not all CBs are playmakers, but can still get the job done, and that's Carlos.

But taking on the fans is never a good idea. We need to get Rocky Balboa to go over and chew him out. :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uASVzkrEKgs[/media]

I didnt think anything he said was shocking, but he has to understand that we are a fan base who got used to winning as kids and now we havent had buggerall to be proud of since 1992. thats a long time. if they want us to get on the bandwagon, then the coaches and the players have to give us something and by something I dont mean squeaking out wins against bad teams and losses against worse ones.

Not a smart PR move, but it gives Dimwit Nation something to focus on. Doubtful Carlos will be back next year, as he will not be offered anything close to what HE thinks he's worth.

Always wondered what kind of FS he could be.

I would like to thank Carlos Rogers for pointing out it was my fault the Vikings WR got by him and caught the pass. Need to have a fan only meeting. :rolleyes:

Carlos needs to "just shut up".

Everyone could just give up their season tickets like I did. Then he wouldn't hear any booing

To borrow a famous quote:

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Don't mind Carlos Rogers. He won't be back next season. He wants top 10 money but he isn't worth it. For that kind of money you have to make plays on the ball and be dependable.

Rogers can't catch the football as we all know and he has missed a LOT of time with injuries since he was drafted in 2005.

He came through Auburn where he was on a winning team and there was always a full house of fans rabidly cheering them on. Somehow he expected NFL fans to be the same way, even when he's on a team that's stinking it up on the field. I'm surprised he hasn't realized the difference between the two by now, and understood why, especially after a few years in the league. He is a perfect example of an athlete that's been coddled due to his ability in high school and college (and we're now learning the full extent of how much Auburn caters to their football athletes), and therefore expects it'll always be that way, even when the on field results don't warrant it.

I just saw this and thought that I'd post it with regard to Carlos Rogers' comments:

Redskins' FedEx Field doesn't deliver home-field advantage

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins are a storied franchise that plays in the NFL's second-largest stadium. They have -- at least by the league's definition of a sellout -- filled their stadium for every game since the 1960s.

Yet they have a lousy home record, and their home games can feel like road games. There are many factors -- the stadium's size and location, fickle and negative fans, the thousands of visiting fans who always seem to get good seats, the team's overall poor play throughout the decade -- but the sobering fact is that only the Detroit Lions have a worse home mark among NFC teams than Washington's 42-44 record at FedEx Field since 2000.

"That's not good company," veteran defensive lineman Vonnie Holliday said Wednesday, "when you talk about what Detroit has done."

Cornerback Carlos Rogers caught some flak earlier this week when he criticized fans who turn on the team quickly when things go wrong, saying: "Sometimes I think when you're at home, you feel you're away." Yet he's not the only person in burgundy and gold to express that feeling. FedEx Field might hold more than 91,000 fans, but this is one case where size isn't everything.

"For it to be as big as it is, it's not as loud as some of the stadiums I've played in," Holliday said. "I remember playing in Kansas City, tough place to play. Oakland, when those guys get going. Seattle is definitely loud. Minnesota, that dome gets really, really loud, so I was really surprised."

FedEx Field is nowhere near as loud or raucous as RFK Stadium, the rickety old home of the Redskins that had a funky cantilevered roof that reverberated the noise from a mere 55,000 fans. Opposing teams won just 37 percent of the time at RFK, which was deemed antiquated when the Redskins moved to the suburbs in 1997.

The new place makes a lot of money but not much else. The architecture is such that the crowd noise goes straight up into the sky. The club seats and luxury boxes sap energy from the place -- many of those well-heeled fans either don't show up or don't show much passion when they do.

For that matter, the stadium seems too big for the fan base. The team brags about a streak of 356 consecutive sellouts, but a stunning number of those tickets find their way into hands of fans wearing the wrong-colored jerseys. One of the most embarrassing moments in Dan Snyder's tenure as owner came when Pittsburgh Steelers fans waving Terrible Towels took over the lower bowl during a Monday night game two years ago. The color purple wasn't hard to find Sunday during a 17-13 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

Click on the link for the full article

Gee Lorenzo - how on Earth could all those visiting fans be getting their hands on tickets??? It's really a ****ing mystery, isn't it? It couldn't be that the #1 imperative at all times with our Redskins organization is to make money, and that they'd rather have huge batches of tickets sold to ticket brokers without a care as to whom they are going to sell them to, than actually work at making the legend of a season ticket waiting list the truth instead of the bald-faced lie it currently is.

I gave up my season tickets years ago, but have been give 7 or 8 chances to immediately get them back since.

Mike Sellers is dead-on correct. Stop sucking, stop letting down your fans at home, and noise, home-field advantage, and all that other good stuff will come. It would help if you made the game day experience more enjoyable. And stop trying to make a buck every single second of the day. That would all help.

Gee Lorenzo - how on Earth could all those visiting fans be getting their hands on tickets??? It's really a ****ing mystery, isn't it? It couldn't be that the #1 imperative at all times with our Redskins organization is to make money, and that they'd rather have huge batches of tickets sold to ticket brokers without a care as to whom they are going to sell them to, than actually work at making the legend of a season ticket waiting list the truth instead of the bald-faced lie it currently is.

I gave up my season tickets years ago, but have been give 7 or 8 chances to immediately get them back since.

Mike Sellers is dead-on correct. Stop sucking, stop letting down your fans at home, and noise, home-field advantage, and all that other good stuff will come. It would help if you made the game day experience more enjoyable. And stop trying to make a buck every single second of the day. That would all help.

Hard to argue with any of that. Impossible, really.

The other problem is that the NFL is pricing out the true fans. I'm gonna make an analogy to the NBA. Look at the Lakers. Their games are events, about being seen, not about the actual game. So once the stars in LA realized that, everyone had to get Lakers tickets. Once that happened, it became important for the non-celebrities to be seen at the same event as the celebs.

This started happening in the NFL too, and Snyder being a business man, decided to capitalize on it with luxury suites and boxes catered to the corporate executives who need to be seen at these events. That's great, but it gives fewer seats for the real fans, who often can't afford $5k a seat per game. Once Danny started attracting the corporate types, more and more came, and he was able to jack up prices across the board for those corporate customers who could afford it, which resulted in pricing out the blue collar fans even more.

The higher prices also result, imo in a deteriorating atmosphere, as the people who do come figure they are entitled to behave boorishly at the games because they paid obscene amounts of money to get it.

It all snowballs. Bottom line is, I would rather sit at home and watch in high def than go to the game. And I would consider myself a true fan who would cheer.

Again, Boone is absolutely correct about the losing seasons, I'm just adding to his statement.

My uncle and I were gonna fly down and watch a skins game, however on top of the flights and hotels the game itself was gonna cost us almost a thousand dollars for decent seats for 2 of us. who can afford that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.