• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Winter weather thread, 2010-11

9+ inches here at the parents' house in Williamsburg earlier tonight. Can't wait to play with the doggies in it tomorrow!! :)

I think we got an inch, maybe 2 here is Central MD.

And that's a wrap of the December 2010 snowstorm - aka The Blizzard of Oz.

Got around sixteen to seventeen inches of the white stuff here. Time to do some digging out.

About 11 inches here in Salisbury. Spent the morning digging out.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty tired of this ****ing wind

Hey hey.... just because we don't get snow, we're getting some solid winter weather.

No hard freeze for us close to the coast, but we're expecting 31 as a low tonight. I won't even be able to sit in the jacuzzi and watch Monday Night Football for cryin out loud.

On the bright side, I'll get to try out some new cold weather riding gear in the morning....

That's the way it is up here - everything closed. What kind of business do you operate?

Car business. Roads were so bad customers or employees couldn't safely get in. My son and I ventured out in his Explorer, since his is 4WD.

In past 100 years, this is the 3rd worse single snow event for Hampton Roads.

Get ready for next week. First, some of us in the northeast will have an Alberta Clipper storm tomorrow with a few inches of the white stuff - no big deal.

Next Tuesday/Wednesday could be huge. DC, Balt, Philly, NYC, Hartford, Prov., and Boston could get bomblasted by this storm. Got time to tweak it over the next few days.

Nah, but I do have what used to be considered "snow tires" on my truck. Otherwise I throw about 300 lbs of sand in the back of my truck when snow is coming. I can use it to get out of a snowy spot if I have to, otherwise I plow it into the garden every spring

Im curious and have a serious question, do you guys use studded winter tyres or do you use all seasons?

No, snow tires or all season. A lot of trucks use chains, but I have never seen studded tires. I drive a Bronco so I have no problems.

Im curious and have a serious question, do you guys use studded winter tyres or do you use all seasons?

In this area everyone uses all season tires or an aggresive tread on all terrain tires. Haven't seen studded tires in years. Can't remember last time I even saw someone use tire chains.

Of course we don't get a lot of snow in this part of VA.

Another big snow here in the Northeast. No digging out for me. Paid a couple of hard working kids to do that job.

Could get another smallish snowfall this weekend. Another storm early next week could develop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.