• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Winter weather thread, 2010-11

Ok, here we go...

Christmas Day could see some light snow from DC to Philly. By Saturday, the fun begins. The East Coast could be looking at a HECS. This could be epic and some areas may see snow into Monday morning.

OK, pretend I don't know any of your WX geek phraseology;)

HECS in English please:)

We're looking at a major blizzard on Sunday and Monday. This one could be epic.

HECS - Historical East Coast Storm
MECS - Major
SECS - Significant

Looking ahead a bit. New Year's Eve and New Year's Day could get interesing. The potential is there for a major ice storm - too far out to know though.

12Z GFS moved toward the Euro. If those models come to a consensus in the three day range, we're probably looking at a major event. I hesitate to call for a HECS just yet, knowing how easy it is for these things to head out to sea. I'll check back in 24hrs.

Galena Alaska 88-89. -88. No wind. End of thread:)
Your -88 was Farenheit (so -66 celsius,) where I am from which is damn cold but not as cold as it gets In Paddle Prairie.

its a balmy -5 celsius here right now in Calgary, we have the warmest temperatures in alberta other than Lethbridge and the hat.

Wow, Ryman, -5 celsius? That does sound a mite warm for Calgary this late in Dec. I'd have thought more like -10 to -15 C. Here in Raleigh it's a toasty 2 degrees celsius 3300 km SE of you.

Btw, I'm checking out a webcam set up to view Bannister Rd and MaCleod Trail in Calgary-traffic's pretty dense-of course it is Dec. 23rd.

It's snowing! Well, not outside...but I do see snowflakes coming down my webpage.

Many places are now under a Winter Storm Watch or warning.

Looking for 16 to 20 of the white stuff at my location.

Will post more after a run of the morning models.

Well, we are inn Mississippi for the holidays, and it is actually snowing here. They don't know what to do with themselves!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It's snowing - both on BGO and here in NC. Nothing says Christmas like grilling in the snow :)

Snowing here too - heavy snow. We're expecting more than 20 inches of the white stuff. The Philly game could be a fun thing to watch tonight.

Postponed til Tuesday.

Got to love the emotional enthusiasm in your post. It has me excited.

Snowing heavily here. Now there is talk of the storm stalling off of the Jersey coast and looping. If that happens, the 20+ inches goes much higher.

Got to love the emotional enthusiasm in your post. It has me excited.

Snowing heavily here. Now there is talk of the storm stalling off of the Jersey coast and looping. If that happens, the 20+ inches goes much higher.

:bucktooth:

I am just disappointed because I am looking out my window at flurries and no accumulation. I could use a huge snowfall to line my pockets after the Christmas sales season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.