• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Was it a Block in the Back?

As far as the 2011 draft goes-I've just started looking but I'm specifically looking for RBs, Oline and a possible McNabb protege.

With the crop of QBs coming out in this year's draft, the Redskins would be dumb to not draft McNabb's replacement in the first round. We probably won't be high enough to take Luck or Newton, but Locker will definitely be in play. Then there are the borderline 1st-2nd round guys Ponder and Mallet, then the guy from AZ State (I think he'll probably go in round 2 or 3, too much of a project for round 1).

Save the suspense. The Redskins aren't going to win their last 5 games. They aren't going to go 4-1. My guess is they win 2 more games. I figure they beat Tampa and Jacksonville by the usual 3 points each in close contests and then lose to the Giants and Dallas in Dallas.

Re-watched the highlight again - it was definitely a block in the back. And it also appeared that Banks was pretty level with the guy when Riley blocked him - when Riley saw the window, the guy may have had a line on Banks - but then Brandon's speed took over. That will happen with a guy like Banks from time to time...

Are you a Politician? :)

As for the above quote, I have seen some speculation about Julio Jones from Alabama in the first round.

I have been looking at interior offensive lineman. I think the kid out of Penn State, Wisniewski (It helps that his father is a former NFL player) is an option, perhaps Pouncey from Florida since he can play C or OG. As for RB, I have not been looking. I believe DT if we stick with the 3-4 and interior offensive line should be priorities.

Politician?!? Man, I thought you liked me, El. :yikes::laugh:

The reason I mentioned Oline is it's still a work-in-progress, especially on the right side. Watching McNabb get harrassed and mugged by Minny was not enjoyable.

RB-I still think we need between the tackles guy-and a young one. If somebody like Daniel Thomas from Kansas State was still around when we pick I'd be tempted-right now, anyway. This is, of course, all subject to change as I do more needs/availability research.

I will concede on DT if we stay with the 3-4. Somebody like Jerel Worthy from Mich. St. maybe?

I'm also uncomfortable with all the QBs being "old guys". We need one to develop. I haven't really checked the QBs yet, tho'.

You mentioned Julio Jones-how about Greg Little from Carolina?

We're still in the same boat in many ways as we were facing the 2010 draft-too many holes, not enough picks. Plus with five games left in the season it's still too early to predict a likely draft order. If we do too well, we might not get a first rounder above 20. Interesting irony there-excess success being a potential downside hindering further improvement. :thud:

I think it will take 11 wins to get into the post season this year, just looking at the rest of the NFC.

Except in the NFC west where 8-8 or even 7-9 could win the division.

I read elsewhere that Riley's #56 first block in the back should have been called on Davis #86. They were in the same vicinity and the ref got the number wrong. I don't remember the exact play, so I cannot say if this is right or wrong, but I would be slightly less ticked at Riley if this is true. Horrible play regardless.

Nah , if you get called for something even if you didnt do it, you make damn sure you dont do it after the call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.