• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

IF COACHING ISNT THE BIGGEST ISSUE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE BEARS

Pretty happy overall with the offensive coaching this season. It's fairly dynamic, inventive, and has helped make a pair of rookies look like seasoned vets and all this with a below average (in talent) o line, and a subpar receiving crew.

However, the defensive coaching is unimaginative and occassionally really timid. Haslett either throws the kitchen sink or goes super passive and doesn't seem to be able to negate any player's strengths. Danny Smith... well, his team will lead the league in blocks again...

Interesting that you didn't bump this last season, when the Bears fell from the #9 defense back down to the #17 defense, which is where they were before all those amazing coaching adjustments you talk about in this thread.

hahahaha, I was googling Haslett, and this thread came up, what I was looking for was Hasletts overall record as a DC, I know Om posted it somewhere but I couldnt find it, ima computer noob.
His win-loss record as a DC is 54-98. In his 10 seasons (including this one) as DC, his teams have won exactly 1 Division title. That was in 1997 with a Pittsburgh team he inherited and had nothing to do with. They promptly followed that 11-5 season with a 7-9 season, then a 6-10 season, then he was fired.

5 of his 10 seasons, his teams were ranked 21st or worse in defense. 3 times they have ranked 28th or worse. On average, a Jim Haslett defense ranks 19th in the league in total defense.

In other words, he is a worthless bum of a coach who has done nothing but bring failure with him everywhere he goes. The good news is, he leaves winners in his wake.....

When he was fired from the Saints, they had the number 4 defense the following season. When he was fired from the Steelers, they had the number 7 defense the following season. When the Rams fired him, they jumped from 28th in his final season to 14th in the following season.

i started reading this from page one ....wait a min this **** is old thread ! good one guys ..

litany of Haslett's mediocre coaching efforts.

I've always thought of Haslett as the Norv Turner of defense. You've just confirmed that to be true. He must be the nicest guy in the universe to keep getting work. Sigh.

His win-loss record as a DC is 54-98. In his 10 seasons (including this one) as DC, his teams have won exactly 1 Division title. That was in 1997 with a Pittsburgh team he inherited and had nothing to do with. They promptly followed that 11-5 season with a 7-9 season, then a 6-10 season, then he was fired.

5 of his 10 seasons, his teams were ranked 21st or worse in defense. 3 times they have ranked 28th or worse. On average, a Jim Haslett defense ranks 19th in the league in total defense.

In other words, he is a worthless bum of a coach who has done nothing but bring failure with him everywhere he goes. The good news is, he leaves winners in his wake.....

When he was fired from the Saints, they had the number 4 defense the following season. When he was fired from the Steelers, they had the number 7 defense the following season. When the Rams fired him, they jumped from 28th in his final season to 14th in the following season.

Thats some good stuff there, thanks for posting... and by good stuff, I mean utter crap!

SKINS FOREVER ! I'VE LOVED THA SKINS SINCE I WAS 10 ,AND I LIVE IN CALI ...I ENVY YOU GUYS THAT LIVE IN DC..I GOT EVERY GAME SINCE 99

Enough of the spilling depressing news on us !! You should be emailing that message to Shanahan, not depressing all of us, with it !!

Enough of the spilling depressing news on us !! You should be emailing that message to Shanahan, not depressing all of us, with it !!
Sorry, it was requested :laugh:

And it helps for the person here who still thinks Haslett isn't the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.