• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Gameday Observations

Well. That was fun. Compared to an enema anyway.

I'd have to think about that one for a while. It's close.

I'm so sick of this team, and even more sick of NFL officials. I really wish I could just walk away sometimes. This is one of those times.

Yeah, the officials were rough, granted. But I can not believe we were unable to force one turnover on the Vikings all day long? Pathetic.

Favre coughs up the ball regularly, and that's without the flu. Ridiculous.

Yeah, the officials were rough, granted. But I can not believe we were unable to force one turnover on the Vikings all day long? Pathetic.

Favre coughs up the ball regularly, and that's without the flu. Ridiculous.

Not only that, but here we are, screaming "boot" at our TVs on that last play. WE know it's coming, but they don't? Hell, I'm faster than Brett Favre. Literally. But we can't stop him. Pathetic.

relax fellas. we've gone over this before. this team simply doesn't have the talent - especially on the lines and...IMO...at LB if you are going to run a 3-4.

let's see what happens starting next April.

relax fellas. we've gone over this before. this team simply doesn't have the talent - especially on the lines and...IMO...at LB if you are going to run a 3-4.

I think you're right, it's just frustrating because we constantly seem to beat ourselves, which is discouraging after watching the same problem under Zorn.

the definition of insanity os doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, when the eff are our coaches going to admit that we cannot run the 3-4? pure idiocy.

the definition of insanity os doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, when the eff are our coaches going to admit that we cannot run the 3-4? pure idiocy.

well...let's just assume this is a "figure it out" season: who the keepers are, basics of the system, etc.

this is gonna be a 3 year rebuild. the focus ought to be on the lines. did we do enough in this one season to get the rebuild going? dunno. Trent Williams is a start...not sure on Brown....we have to replace all three of the interior guys w/NFL caliber talent.

defensive line? eh...you've heard me screaming since the second pre-season game about that. so...let's say we finish 7-9....drafting somewhere from 8th to 14th. can we improve with a 1st, 2nd and that's it in the first 4 rounds?

it's hard to build a good team if year after year after year...you don't have many draft picks.

Fansince, there is no such thing as a figure it out season on defence.
1- we already know that if we stay in a 3-4 we keep 2 starters in the front seven so we need 5 new starters and then also must find about 10 more players to play roles. if they havent figured that out by now , they should not be in the NFL.

2- you dont build a defence for 3 years away, because as I just said almost none of these guys will be here in 3 years and more importantly, the learning curve for defence is primarily in different terminology not actual postions.

I completely agree that the Oline needs to be rebuilt, we also need several other things on O, a #1 rec, a bell cow RB, a developmental QB or if one is avaialble a stud young QB.

it just doesnt make any damn sense at all to a complete front seven and then depth for it as well as hopefully some secondary upgrades.

if Shannhan doesnt admit that this 3-4 was a mistake then I hold no hope we will be getting out of the basement any time soon (and that means in 3 years either)

and we cant blame the dearth of picks THIS year on anyone but shanny and allen.

Fansince, there is no such thing as a figure it out season on defence.
1- we already know that if we stay in a 3-4 we keep 2 starters in the front seven so we need 5 new starters and then also must find about 10 more players to play roles. if they havent figured that out by now , they should not be in the NFL.

2- you dont build a defence for 3 years away, because as I just said almost none of these guys will be here in 3 years and more importantly, the learning curve for defence is primarily in different terminology not actual postions.

I completely agree that the Oline needs to be rebuilt, we also need several other things on O, a #1 rec, a bell cow RB, a developmental QB or if one is avaialble a stud young QB.

it just doesnt make any damn sense at all to a complete front seven and then depth for it as well as hopefully some secondary upgrades.

if Shannhan doesnt admit that this 3-4 was a mistake then I hold no hope we will be getting out of the basement any time soon (and that means in 3 years either)

and we cant blame the dearth of picks THIS year on anyone but shanny and allen.

can't say I disagree...though they still had to fix the 4-3 we were running...stats hid the fact that it was the same sort of "bend but not break" D the current one is playing to....

they did have to fix the 4-3 I agree, IMHO we needed a real sam backer and a fs as well as another rotational DT and some depth, but everything else could have been fixed by tweaking the aggression of the scheme. the sad truth is we wasted a season with this idiocy and its a season where we could have been at least competant maybe even very good. (at least on D lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.