• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Galloway waived(?), Austin Activated

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Looks like it hasn't been confirmed, but Twitter is full of these reports:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/welcome_to_the_nfl_terrence_austin/3686615
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Redskins blog now has it up. Seems to be true. It needed to happen, well, a long time ago. Time for the younger players to get experience in the system.

I see this as good news. Frankly I'm surprised Galloway lasted as long as he did. He's almost as old as I am. :)

this reminds me of when Warrick Holdman was finally released after the coaches had maintained for weeks that he was producing in ways we didn't see :D

this reminds me of when Warrick Holdman was finally released after the coaches had maintained for weeks that he was producing in ways we didn't see :D

im hoping that this isnt how they will be in regards to players who arent performing in the future. ffs galloway did nothing and we are rebuilding so its not like its gonna cost us several wins or something.

well, he didn't cost much except a roster spot.

for a team like Washington that needs younger players I wouldn't be holding slots for 35 or 36 year old guys.

whatever contributions they make are short-term and in a real sense only hurt draft position if they do make some plays.

I would rather go with younger guys whom you don't know whether they can play or not as opposed to guys who you know are way past their primes.

When April comes Redskins fans will be whining about who the team could have taken at #2 or #3 overall when the team finishes 7-9 and still ends up out of the playoffs and close to the bottom in the NFC in many categories.

im hoping that this isnt how they will be in regards to players who arent performing in the future. ffs galloway did nothing and we are rebuilding so its not like its gonna cost us several wins or something.
I agree.

We need a more decisive coaching staff. Inactivity in the face of poor performance is maddening.

The next step is to demote Casey Rabach and start moving people around the interior line until we come up with a way to protect McNabb longer than 1.5 seconds.

I agree.

We need a more decisive coaching staff. Inactivity in the face of poor performance is maddening.

The next step is to demote Casey Rabach and start moving people around the interior line until we come up with a way to protect McNabb longer than 1.5 seconds.
completely agree even if that means robbing PRs and the UFL

completely agree even if that means robbing PRs and the UFL
Interesting you bring this up ... if we are having trouble developing our own players in a short period of time (especially with relatively few draft picks in the near term), why not scout for LBs on the practice squads of teams such as the Steelers and Ravens? They always seem to have good, young, fast defenders and also run a 3-4, so the talent they have stashed away scouted by their top-tier personnel departments could prove to be diamonds in the rough. Think about it, we'd almost be using the Steelers and Ravens as de facto scouting departments in areas that we don't seem to be that good at.

Would be great if there was a team that was known for scouting great interior linemen. Then we could do the same thing with that team (whatever team that happens to be).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.