• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WP: Landy, Torain out for Vikings game; Another half the team Questionable

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
OK, maybe not half, but darn close:

On the final injury report of the week, the Redskins ruled out running back Ryan Torain (hamstring) and safety LaRon Landry (Achilles) for Sunday's game against Minnesota and listed 10 more players as questionable.

Washington's questionable players include: linebacker Lorenzo Alexander (hamstring), wide receiver Brandon Banks (knee), guard Derrick Dockery (knee), defensive end Kedric Golston (elbow/groin), guard Artis Hicks (thigh), defensive end Jeremy Jarmon (hamstring), linebacker Rocky McIntosh (thigh), wide receiver Santana Moss (knee), center Casey Rabach (knee), cornerback Carlos Rogers (knee). Jarmon was the only one of the group to miss Friday's practice.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...players_questionable_on_injury_report/3681848

Sheesh.

That's a lot of banged up players. I do know your pain, tho.

Good luck this week against the Queens.

That's a lot of banged up players. I do know your pain, tho.

Good luck this week against the Queens.

We'll do our best for you, not that you need our help, I think they're dead.

So what impact do you think Chilly's firing will have on the team? What should we be looking for in order to beat them?

Looking for an in-division scouting report, really. :)

We'll do our best for you, not that you need our help, I think they're dead.

So what impact do you think Chilly's firing will have on the team? What should we be looking for in order to beat them?

Looking for an in-division scouting report, really. :)

Their front seven, while not the dominant force they have been in the past, is still solid, especially the LB corps. Very active sideline to sideline.

If Washington is going to beat them, McNabb will likely do it exploiting the Queens secondary. Injuries have plagued them and the replacements, especially rookie Chris Cook, have struggled.

Offensively, the coaching change could hurt you guys. More the unknown than anything else. Could be a Peterson heavy game plan or a Farve led "look, I can still play" last hoorah type plan. If it's a Favre led passing game plan, that bodes well for you. He has been missing on throws all year and, regardless of how the media may want to portray things, he is the problem with the offense IMO.

For the record - they may not be a threat to the Packers anymore but, like Dallas, I never pass up an opportunity to root for a team to beat them down even more. Witnessing the Queens continued spiral into irrelevance this season has brought great joy to us Packer fans and each additional loss for them is just icing on the proverbial cake. Go get 'em, Skins!

Just saw Macho is inactive, Barmes may start at Safety?

Edit: saw on twitter

Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Favre is reportedly suffering from flu-like symptoms. Sounds like excuse no. 379 is loaded and ready to go...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/110933909.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQiU47cQU17cQ_bDaEP7U

I see your Favre excuse and raise you a Fat Al excuse. Fat Al apparently strained something in warmups and went back to the locker room:

kjohnsoncsn Kelli Johnson via Twitter
Haynesworth left the field early during pregame warm ups... Looked like he had a slight limp. He was followed by head trainer Larry Hess.

This is simply going to come down to which team wants it. Injuries aside, the Redskins couldn't be getting a more beaten down Vikings team. If I'd said at the start of the season, do you like our chances against a beaten up Favre who's having an awful season, a Vikings squad that is essentially done for the year, oh - and who just fired their head coach, would you take that set up?

I know I would.

Now if we somehow let Favre rise again and give him the chance for heroics, or fail to overcome our own injury issues and impose our will on them, then it'll likely be our season that's over today. We still have a chance, but this arguably the easiest game left on our schedule with Dallas playing better ball of late. We'd better win it if we hope to keep Redskins fan delusions alive for another week :)

Via Twitter:

RickMaese Rick Maese
What was your illness, Albert Haynesworth? "I dont know." Did you throw up? "I dont know." Were you healthy when game began? "It got better"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.