• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: Week 12 - Minnesota Vikings

Redskins: 24
Vikings: 10

Don't you know the Redskins haven't won a game in which they've scored more than 20 points? ;)

You'd think with the heart attack theme, you'd have picked a closer final score, say Redskins 17, Vikings 14.

If the defense lets Favre get in a groove and Minnesota scores 21 or more, the Redskins are in for a long losing day.

Very enjoyable, but I think you're smoking crack predicting a 14-point win. You shouldn't smoke that stuff, what with your heart-problems and all. :)

Nicely done LSF. I don't think Favre is THE problem, but I don't think he is playing great either. If we can get to him, we can force turnovers and keep it close. Their O-line is not great this year, we need to get pressure.

Well done LSF! I like the bold prediction but I can't see us beating ANYONE by 14.

Hitting Favre won't faze him unless somebody hits his shoulder hard or rolls on his bad ankle once or twice. You have to affect his throw or motion and you have to get your hands up at the LOS and make him throw over you and hope the pass sails or he can't see and throws into tight coverage, as he is wont to do.

He WILL make plays. You just have to try to keep him on his own side of the field as much as possible. Favre with a short field is TROUBLE. This means McNabb can't throw any picks in Skins territory. Field position will be important. I think Graham Gano will be a BIG factor in this game. Fingers crossed we can put together two good Defensive efforts in a row.

Good points Jimbo. If we can make him uncomfortable, from what I have seen this year, he will force things. Also, and this is easier said than done, if we can contain AP, Brett has been known to get anxious and impatient. My fear is that Frazier realizes Chilly was a horrible coach and didn't run AP enough, and will decide to run him more. Given our run "defense" (chronicled in a blog i read somewhere today), that is a very bad thing.

I have Sidney Rice on two fantasy teams, and Sportsline is saying to start him because our D is so bad he could have a breakout game. Sigh. Wish i could refute that theory.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Great write up, the injuries may be our doom heading into this game especially in the secondary. Haslett needs to send Rak hard at favre 50% of the time, yes 50% of the time, put someone else back in coverage, and let Rak do his thing. Hell, let AH go straight up the gut too, we give Favre time to pass and we're in trouble. 24-10, hey if it turns out that way, I'm all for it, I need my hairline to stop receding from this season.

Great write-up LSF. :claps:

I'm casting my wary "loose cannon" radar in Percy Harvin's direction in this one-he's been nicely inconsistent with both the ability to be shut down as Dallas and Green Bay did or to have over 100yds receiving as against Arizona and New England and almost did (97 yds) against the Jets.

The "loose cannon" factor is his well-publicized displeasure with Childress and the uncertainty is how Chilly's departure will be expressed in how he plays. The unfortunate coincidence of Los' hamstring injury adds to it because I think Carlos could do a credible job of hampering Harvin.

Of course, if we can harrass the Ol' Man into throwing a couple INTs that will help things along. We need to duplicate the intensity showed against the Titans for the entire game-Farve does do comebacks-with the occasional timely INT of course.

I see us winning-but the 14 point estimate popped my eyebrows up a bit. I'm thinking 3-6 point range-probably another 3-pointer-we have a number of those already. :rolleyes:

What worries me is their defensive line against our offensive line. They have been playing better as of late and Jared Allen is starting to look like the guy he has in the past.

If Rabach comes back this game, he will not be 100%, which will really worry me against the Williams wall. I am hoping for a Monty sighting. I kind of hope we keep the same line that we had against Tenessee, although that may be wishful thinking.

I really hope we do not see Tavaris Jackson. What worries me about him is his legs. We have a problem with scrambling QB's that we gameplan for, and I would bet he is not in the plans this week. I can see him stepping in and playing like a superstar, that is the way our luck goes.

Great write up LSF! I have only one thing I would add to this.

I think Leslie Frazier would be wise to bench Favre in favor of Jackson against us. If the Eagles game taught him anything, a quick athletic, mobile QB could give us fits! Of course Tavaris Jackson is no Michael Vick, but I believe he could create problems for our D.

Are you copying me El? ;)

Also, they put their starting RG (Herrera) on IR today. From what I read he was part of the Peterson rushing problem, so this may be a pro or a con.

What happens when one really old team with talented players meets another really old team with slightly less talented players? :)

The second team loses. Unless there are turnovers. And in this game the vaunted ball hawks of the Redskins defense didn't come up with anything in 60 minutes.

Ok, I decided after responding late to the Blog from last week, it would bring good luck to the team for future games. Eh, back to responding before the game. Bah.

Great write-up LSF. I enjoyed reading it and the analysis was excellent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.