• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: A Work in Progress

Shannahan has shown he knows what he is doing in regards to offence, but I stopped believing that every NFL coach knows more than me about defence a long time ago. Shannahans decisions about defence have always been questionable at best. I think part of what makes me angry about this switch is that if he indeed did watch film (hours upon hours he claimed) then he is about as stupid a defencive coach as he is a great offencive one.

and Om I was not a fan of last years defence, as a DC myself, I wanted an aggressive defence that attacks offences, we have the tools, we just needed to build the house. imho we were maybe 2 players away from having a superlative defence with some aggressive coaching. we needed a Sam so that we could use Rak at DE the Fins used taylor at DE and he played very well there and Rak is actually a thicker, stronger guy. we also needed a play maker at FS so we could turn Landry loose at SS. other than that another DT for the roatation and a MLB to learn behind fletch and some depth and we would have been set. no defence is perfect and every team will have some bad games, but this 3-4 with no 3-4 players is taking its toll. the worst part to me is that we have some tools that other teams dont in AH and Rak and we took some of our best players and made them non factors.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.