• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Droid Apps

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Got an HTC EVO yesterday, wondering what apps you all have that I should get. Looking for fun games, but also useful things as well.

All suggestions welcome!

I have the Whoopee Cushion app. I love it but my fiance rolls her eyes every time she sees me with that **** eating grin on my face and the phone in my hand when we are on an elevator. :)

Oh, and the Starbucks Finder app is another favorite.

Went straight for the whooping cushion, thanks El. :)

Google sky looks pretty cool too, will be downloading some others tonight.

Not crazy about the keyboard so ar, any suggestions for that?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

id advice the advanced task killer because droids like to run programs in the background without you knowing it and kills your battery.

also lookout seems to be the only "anti virus" for droids...and it runs a backup too.

Yeah, got both of those this weekend. The Advanced Task Killer is amazing. There is a lot that is run in the background, apparently.

The company just moved me to the EVO as well, Goal (activated it this afternoon). I have a steep learning curve after years of being a Blackberry user, I think.

Good luck, Neo. I have never had a Blackberry, so I don't know what you're facing.

We can learn together though. And Neo, send me your number and we can video chat about the Skins. I'm sure that's productive, right?

I did order the service that allows me to use he phone as a mobile hotspot, which is my favorite feature so far. I can ditch my mobile card, which is great.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but have a quick Smartphone question. My contract with Verizon is up soon, so looking at Verizon and AT&T mainly.

In looking at smartphones can't decide between Blackberry and Droid or iphone if go with AT&T. Not looking to play a lot of games or watch videos, but to help keep up with business.

Any words of wisdom?

I went with the Galaxy S series from Samsung after nearly getting the iPhone.
Essentially, Samsung took the iPhone and made it better than Apple does. Since Verizon is offering the new 4G service, I would go with them if I were you. Just not sure if Verizon's version of the Galaxy S series has 4G capability yet.

Go on youtube and search for a few comparisons. That is what sold me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODhXCfcf4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yexYJDzUKng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yexYJDzUKng

its gonna get interesting, at work we sell more blackberries than anything because they are the simplest to use and the cheapest plans, but android is gonna be the future I think as the handsets are cheaper and the system is pretty sweet.

Less than thrilled about so much of the functionality being tied to having a GMail account. I realize I am likely one of the last 3-4 people on the planet without one (and all the others live north of the Arctic Circle) but I have enough e-mail addresses already. One for work and one for personal use was pretty much enough although I have a third for BGO business. Now I apparently have to get a 4th just to even see what is available from the Andriod Market? Please.

Neo, I think you can use your gmail account as one stop shopping for your emails. I have two gmail accounts that i never use, and created another one for the droid. I don't actually check it very often, if it makes you feel better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.