A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Happy Hour starts in five minutes.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default National Opt Out Day

    Traveling on the day before Thanksgiving? Don't want your four year old daughter groped? Don't want someone touching your junk?

    Make life hard for these PC clowns.

    http://www.optoutday.com/
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  2. #2

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    If these idiots clog up the airport on Wednesday, I swear I might go postal. 85% of Americans support these devices, and have ZERO PROBLEMS with them. Its a 15% minority that objects to them, and of that 15%, I bet only 2-3% fly with any regularity.

    People are bringing ****ING BOMBS ON AIRPLANES. Why would you EVER object to high-tech scanning procedures? Don't worry, I'm sure nobody WANTS to see you "naked" anyway.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  3. #3

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm opting out. I'm driving.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  4. #4
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    If these idiots clog up the airport on Wednesday, I swear I might go postal. 85% of Americans support these devices, and have ZERO PROBLEMS with them. Its a 15% minority that objects to them, and of that 15%, I bet only 2-3% fly with any regularity.

    People are bringing ****ING BOMBS ON AIRPLANES. Why would you EVER object to high-tech scanning procedures? Don't worry, I'm sure nobody WANTS to see you "naked" anyway.
    What people are bringing bombs on planes?

    Go ahead, you can say it.

    I don't think any of them have been nuns or 4 year olds
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  5. #5

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    I'll repeat - 85% of Americans support these devices. Weren't you fringe-types all about the will of the people when the majority didn't support health care? Well, now the majority supports these devices. Suck it up!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    I'll repeat - 85% of Americans support these devices. Weren't you fringe-types all about the will of the people when the majority didn't support health care? Well, now the majority supports these devices. Suck it up!
    Link???????
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  7. #7

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Link???????
    Its actually 81% - so 4 in 5 people support these devices.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...76-503544.html
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  8. #8
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Wonder how many of those people fly?
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  9. #9
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,498
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  10. #10

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Link doesn't work...
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Posts
    824
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Wonder how many of those people fly?
    I thought your O.P. was tongue in cheek but it appears you actually are against this. So you don't have a problem with the govt. eavesdropping on your personal, private conversations, but you do have a problem with someone checking out your junk to make sure you don't have a bomb or weapon before boarding a plane?

    Somehow, I'm not seeing the big difference when it comes to security. In fact, IMHO the invasion of privacy is much greater with the former than the later.

    As for your question above, I'd also ask how many people on the ground are at risk from a jetliner being used as a missle? Obviously it's not just those on the plane that are at risk, so they don't get to unilaterally make a decision that could affect many more people on the ground.

    Objections to this are no different than people that object to being seen naked during healthcare exams/procedures on religious grounds or due to modesty. Trust me, we've seen a million of them just like yours, albeit most about 50% bigger and at this point we're so desensitized that the only reaction you're likely to get is a
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    “To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” --Thomas Paine

  12. #12
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Posts
    824
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Mike, there are non-porn, nude photos all over the web designed for medical/academic use. One of the biggest differences between these photos and porn is the hiding of the identity of the subject. Take a look at the x-ray pics on their website. I challenge you to pick the guy in that photo out of a lineup. Even if you could, I still wouldn't have a major problem with it.

    As for the burkha comment, I've flown in/out of Dulles 10 or 12 times in the past year. In every case all the Muslim women I observed, some in burkhas and others in differing degrees of cover, were offered the option to be screened by a female TSA staffer in a private area. I see no difference between that and what's being offered to everyone else. What's good for the goose....

    Finally, your argument about professionalism holds only minimal water. True, I don't expect TSA types to be quite as professional as physicians for example. However, physicians are often guilty of sexual misconduct with patients so don't think they're immune. However, the TSA staffers are probably in the same boat as most non-physician clinicians. That is, their opportunities to observe/interact with the subjects are mostly limited to observed incidents that would make misconduct difficult.

    Besides, the issue of desensitization applies no matter who's doing the screening. Once one has seen five or six sets of "ta-tas" for example, the "oooh ahhh" factor is gone. It just is. This is especially true when seeing it in uninterrupted fashion, one after the other, all day long. As I said, it doesn't take long for it to become not only routine, but boring.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    “To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” --Thomas Paine

  13. #13
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf06 View Post
    I thought your O.P. was tongue in cheek but it appears you actually are against this. So you don't have a problem with the govt. eavesdropping on your personal, private conversations, but you do have a problem with someone checking out your junk to make sure you don't have a bomb or weapon before boarding a plane?


    That's exactly right. I have nothing to hide in my communications, so the government, if it's even interested enough, can listen in all it wants. However, the TSA doesn't need to be sticking their hands down my pants. Thing is, these new procedures were intitiated after the panty bomber incident. That guy was coming INTO the country, not standing in line to get out. So because of this, Americans have to be subjected to this crap, but future panty bombers still get to get on a plane outside the country

    Somehow, I'm not seeing the big difference when it comes to security. In fact, IMHO the invasion of privacy is much greater with the former than the later.

    Your opinion, of course


    As for your question above, I'd also ask how many people on the ground are at risk from a jetliner being used as a missle? Obviously it's not just those on the plane that are at risk, so they don't get to unilaterally make a decision that could affect many more people on the ground.

    Objections to this are no different than people that object to being seen naked during healthcare exams/procedures on religious grounds or due to modesty. Trust me, we've seen a million of them just like yours, albeit most about 50% bigger and at this point we're so desensitized that the only reaction you're likely to get is a
    I could care less one way or the other, because I have a little government ID card that gets me through all the crap. My concern is Mrs Sarge and others like her. I ceratialy wouldn't stand for some dude groping her like that at a Skins game
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  14. #14
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  15. #15
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Posts
    824
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Your opinion, of course
    Absolutely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    ...That guy was coming INTO the country, not standing in line to get out. So because of this, Americans have to be subjected to this crap, but future panty bombers still get to get on a plane outside the country.
    Here's the problem I have with our approach to security screening in general and profiling in particular. We do an excellent job of preparing for and/or preventing the last attempted attack rather than the next one. So, Arab males wielding box cutters pulled off 9-11 and we immediately ban nail files and the like. Richard Reid tries to use a shoe bomb to blow up a plane and now we all have to take off our shoes during screening. Gee, I guess it never occured to the terrorists that maybe a non-Arab carrying explosives in another article of clothing might get through security....or would it? Just ask the underwear bomber, a black Nigerian. I'm still expecting TSA to require all air passengers to travel commando to counter that one. :doh:

    IMHO Israel does it right. Since pretty much everyone there is middle eastern looking, they profile based not as much on appearance and names, but on proven screening tactics based on documented behaviors and physiological "tells". Of course the problem with trying that here is that TSA staff nor the private rent a cops that preceded them for that matter, have been trained to anywhere near the level of Israeli airport security. Moreover, given what we pay them, it probably isn't going to happen in the future either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    What people are bringing bombs on planes?

    Go ahead, you can say it.

    I don't think any of them have been nuns or 4 year olds
    Good point....except for one small fly in the ointment. Please pick out the Muslim from the photos I've attached. It's not a rhetorical question either. I want you and anyone else to actually give it the old college try. I'll then post the "answers" sometime tomorrow. It should be an interesting exercise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (10.8 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (19.1 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (42.0 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (47.7 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (38.3 KB, 21 views)
    Last edited by Yusuf06; 11-18-10 at 02:39 AM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    “To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” --Thomas Paine

  16. #16
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Posts
    824
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    ...and the second set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (35.7 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (12.8 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (22.7 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (10.6 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (4.3 KB, 21 views)
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    “To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” --Thomas Paine

  17. #17
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf06 View Post

    Good point....except for one small fly in the ointment. Please pick out the Muslim from the photos I've attached. It's not a rhetorical question either. I want you and anyone else to actually give it the old college try. I'll then post the "answers" sometime tomorrow. It should be an interesting exercise.
    The two bearded gents get a pass, just because it's known that terorrists shave up before they go see allah

    The one guys gets a cavity search just for the way he's dressed

    The woman is sorta hot, so she gets this treatment



    The TSA says kids under 12 are supposed to get out of the pat downs. But the one kid on the right kinda looks fishy, so cavity search for her too

    Score?
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  18. #18

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    I would say I fly much more than average, around twice a month last year, and around once a month this year (some months twice, I will be flying 3 times in January). I have never once seen anyone even complain about these machines, or even opt out. The vast majority of people have absolutely zero problems with them...so I don't see an issue.

    Its ironic - Sarge complains that we don't just single out the minority when screening at airports, because a different minority has a problem with these scanners.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  19. #19
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Posts
    824
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    The two bearded gents get a pass, just because it's known that terorrists shave up before they go see allah

    The one guys gets a cavity search just for the way he's dressed

    The woman is sorta hot, so she gets this treatment

    Score?
    Gladly. However you weren't terribly specific. There were more than two bearded guys so I'm not sure which ones you meant.

    Oh, and regarding the pic you posted, I have used a similar one in several presentations. I looked and looked but couldn't find it. In the one I've used, there's an announcement over the PA system that one of the TSA guys wants to ask her on a date. Funny stuffs.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    “To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” --Thomas Paine

  20. #20
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Upper left. Upper middle get the pass. Bottom left gets the full treatment
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What was the greatest achievment in the National Football League ever?
    By deandreaoats in forum National Football League
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-10, 04:43 AM
  2. Redskins Rule: National Anthem
    By BGO in forum Redskins Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-09, 11:36 PM
  3. Redskins Rule: National Anthem
    By BGO in forum Redskins Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-09, 07:40 PM
  4. Redskins Rule: players during national anthem
    By BGO in forum Redskins Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-09, 03:58 PM
  5. Redskins Rule: National Anthem
    By BGO in forum Redskins Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-09, 04:16 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •