• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bridges Confident He Can Make An Impact

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Bridges_Confident_He_Can_Make_An_Impact_45904.jsp

For Jeremy Bridges, success in the NFL was simply a matter of growing up.

The 6-4, 326-pound offensive lineman recognized it early on in his NFL career. He was stunned when he was released by the Philadelphia Eagles after his rookie season in 2003.

Since then, Bridges has worked hard to establish himself as a starting-caliber guard and tackle.

He signed with the Redskins in early May. In training camp, he has seen action at both positions, most recently at right tackle in place of an injured Stephon Heyer.

“Everything is coming along real well,” he said. “It’s always a bit of a challenge when you come to a new team. You have to learn what the coach wants and exactly what the scheme is, how practice goes. It’s different everywhere you go.

CLICK LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE

Lord I hope so, because this Line needs all the help it can get, especially given the age and the already nagging injuries. I actually think bridges will have moreof an impact that Mike Williams.

Bridges must not have impressed the coaches to this point, otherwise I see no reason that Chad Rinehart has jumped ahead of him to start in place of Randy Thomas.

Bridges is a natural guard and that's the position where most of his starting NFL experience has come.

With Thomas still out, one would think a Bridges that impressed Bugel would be out there as the veteran starter.

It's called putting on the 'smiley face', but there is no way I believe Bugel and Zorn that they would be 'perfectly comfortable' seeing Rinehart start the opener at OG against the Giants on the road.

Bridges has been getting the reps at OT while Heyer is getting it together. Between Bridges or Rhinehart to back up at RT I would take Bridges so while Thomas is healing it is great for Rhinehart t get the first team reps. If things got bad with Thomas I believe that Bridges would be the starter at OG if neccesary assuming that Heyer is healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.