• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins, McNabb agree to 5-year, $78M extension

Ok, that is out of the way. Time to build the OL through the draft and FA next year. We are set at LT. Mr. McNabb needs protection and it is time to provide it.

Well, now they have time to groom a replacement.

It seemed that some people thought he'd be gone after this year, especially with the benching. And I wonder if the situation in Minnesota (with the players hating their coach and the uncertainty that he'd be coaching there next year) factored into a decision not to go that way. That and perhaps the fact that he didn't think he'd get as good a deal anywhere else, considering that his value was deemed low enough that the Eagles had to trade within the division to get rid of him (although you wonder why a team like Arizona didn't take a shot at him) and his stock hasn't risen with his play here so far this year.

They get him, they have time to draft a QB and can now finish work on the O-Line.

The local and national media both owe a huge apology to the FO, especially that useless waste of oxygen Dan Steinberg.

I'm guessing that there's not much bad blood about the benching then.

I was against the trade at the beginning, but since we did give up picks for the guy I'm glad he'll be here longer than one year.

They get him, they have time to draft a QB and can now finish work on the O-Line.

The local and national media both owe a huge apology to the FO, especially that useless waste of oxygen Dan Steinberg.

Really? Dan Steinberg is one of the only ones on record saying he thought McNabb would be back. I think it was last week's RI podcast.

It cracks me up that 99% of media people are "shocked" by the extension. Shanahan has said repeatedly that McNabb is his guy; yet people are shocked when he actually is, his guy. Really? You people get PAID to do this?

I guess McNabb realized his value wasn't rising.

I guess I'm odd man out.
While I understand it lets us groom a replacement, and rebuild the line, I wanted to wait till seasons end to see how he does the rest of the way. I thought Shanny had the same feelings on the matter. It even goes against what Shanny said in an article a little while back, saying he doesn't do contract talks during the season.

Had he not benched McNabb, I don't think the contract would have been done yet. McNabb excepts 78 million dollar apology.......

Count me as another one who is surprised we signed him to an extension after only eight games. I thought sure we'd wait until after the season or at least a few more games to see if there's an improvement. Seems like a risky move but hey, it's not MY money.

We spent 2 draft picks to get Mcnabb....He hasn't really lit up the scoreboard yet but hes still a top 10 Qb playing behind a decent Oline. It's pretty much a no brainer as far as I can see. There are too many needs to address in the offseason.... I'm glad we won't have to start over. Even with Mcnabb playing subpar hes better than what we've had in a long time. Keepin the faith HTTR

Well, I guess we live with the dirt balls for the next few years. On the upside, at least it provides some stability and let's us focus elsewhere

Wow. That was unexpected, even with the news that talks were resuming. Very surprising. 5 years seems a bit long, but I doubt he will see the end of that. That does give us time to get the o-line worked on some and improve the WR corps.

I guess we draft a replacement in two years?

What a terrible signing. Tonight only highlights this. He's terrible under pressure. After 12 yrs. in the league he ought to know how to reset his feet. Why we'd extend him after his poor play so far is beyond me.

3 ints tonight resulting in 21 Eagles points. Not good.

But to be fair, he needs a better supporting cast both on the line and in the WR corps.

You can't give McNabb credit for the first 2 picks, and the 3rd one they're down a zillion points...its gonna happen.

Really? Dan Steinberg is one of the only ones on record saying he thought McNabb would be back. I think it was last week's RI podcast.

It cracks me up that 99% of media people are "shocked" by the extension. Shanahan has said repeatedly that McNabb is his guy; yet people are shocked when he actually is, his guy. Really? You people get PAID to do this?

I'm not shocked at all. My point is Steinberg and others went on this race card crusade over the last week, now this.

Imagine if Shanahannigans and the FO liked black people. He'd have made ONE BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!1111 ;)

I was against bringing him here, but I'll take not having to worry about picking a QB high in the draft for a year. Or two.

Lots of holes to fill. Stabilizing the QB position is not a bad thing.

Well, I feel a little better about this arraingment. While Mcnabb isn't the worst of our problems, and not all of our troubles are his fault, if he continues to stink it up like he has recently we need the option to kick him to the curb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.