• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

College Games vs. Pro Games

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
So I got free tickets to the VA Tech - UNC game yesterday, drove down and met an old friend and his family, enjoyed tailgating immensely, and then enjoy the second half beatdown. As you can see, I went to JMU, and enjoyed our smaller football program a great deal as well.

My comment is simply about how much I enjoyed the entire experience yesterday. The last couple of years I usually make it up to one Skins game, and comparing the two, the college games are much more fun. When you take into account the parking nightmares, obnoxious drunk fans, etc, I think the college experience wins out. Plus, there's just something cool about the college chants with the band, and just flat out owning another school's stadium (UNC fans are weak, by the way. 33% of them were headed for the doors with 10 minutes to go).

This is NOT a thread to bash the NFL of course. I'm just saying I would probably rather watch the NFL on my flatscreen, but enjoy going to the college games.

What are your experiences like?

I agree 100%. When I make it down to a game in Charlottesville, I can park in a "secret" place that requires nothing more than a short walk to the stadium. Parking at NFL games is a nightmare - it costs too much for that alone and you never know what kind of fan (opposing team?) you will be sitting next to for the game itself. Ugh.

In Charlottesville, I can meet up with old friends and make new ones quickly. I can tailgate with a few or a few dozen. I need not worry about drunken idiots nearby or unruly behavior.

These are the main reasons as to why I don't attend NFL regular season or playoff games. I have a big screen and can fully enjoy watching my beloved Redskins with all the comforts of home.

In the future, I plan to attend smaller functions such as DDP or other gatherings. Those are fun (or so it seems) and the crowds are much smaller.

I think I may just stick to NFL games after watching the horrific spectacle of my alma mater, Indiana U. being obliterated by the Wisconsin Badgers 83-20.

Granted, Wisconsin is a very good team with an offense that's tough for any team to slow down.

But 83 points? In a football game??

Mind-boggling. :insane:

I think I may just stick to NFL games after watching the horrific spectacle of my alma mater, Indiana U. being obliterated by the Wisconsin Badgers 83-20.

Granted, Wisconsin is a very good team with an offense that's tough for any team to slow down.

But 83 points? In a football game??

Mind-boggling. :insane:

Yeah, my buddy showed me that score during the Tech game. Yikes. I kept thinking his phone was wonky, no way 83 was right.

Tough time man.

Bad week for you serv, what with the Wisconsin game and the Redskin game in the same week.

Definitely college games have a great atmosphere. Unfortunately, I haven't been to see MSU play in over a decade.

I agree completely. College players have a fire that a lot of overpaid NFL player do not, simply because they are trying to get ot the next level. There's much more spirit at college games and while you still have drunken college kids, they are mostly just goofy instead of obnixious.

Some of the best game I ever went to were when I was stationed in Idaho and went to see Boise State on their blue field

East Carolina UNiversity used to put on a good show too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.