• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hall: critics can kiss my ...

themurf

The Cheerleader
Reaction score
hall080709.jpg

photo by Brian Murphy​

During the offseason the Washington Redskins dominated national headlines with their $100 million acquisition of free agent defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. And while that move garnered all the attention, the 'Skins also moved quickly to lock up another defensive stalwart, inking cornerback DeAngelo Hall to a six-year, $55 million deal.

After joining the team halfway through last season, the playmaking Pro Bowler was just what the doctor ordered – finally giving the team’s secondary someone capable of creating turnovers for the first time since Sean Taylor.

We wanted to catch up with Hall this week to talk about his news of the week, the depth at cornerback and anything else on his mind.

Okay, you’re a week into training camp, how you feeling these days?

“I feel good,” he said. “I feel good. I’m still pushing through a little bit of the conditioning stuff and getting the body used to the movements. Like I said, when I train in the offseason I don’t do too much backpeddling and all that stuff, so this is good for your base to kind of get going. We’re a week down, still feel good.”

We hate to be the ones to bring this up, but you know there are folks out there who are convinced now that you’ve gotten paid, you’re going to be content to sit around a collect a paycheck. What do you have to say to those individuals?

“The critics can kiss my ass,” Hall said.

That’s what we like to hear. Shifting gears, you made a big announcement this week with the launching of your website. What can the fans expect to find on your site?

“A whole bunch of stuff,” he said. “You know, all access to me and what’s going on. Redskins stuff, on and off the field with DHall TV … man, it’s gonna be all access.

Be real with us, is this you, or did you pay some dude to run it for you?

Click here for the full article.

Thanks Murf. Great article. We included in our daily Smoke Signals article as well.

Great piece, murf.

Was able to watch D. Hall at practice yesterday morning, and the overriding impression I walked away with was that this guy believes in himself. No one's ever questioned his athletic ability (wait 'til you get a load of his punt returns), the whispers have always been about professionalism and commitment to his craft. If he brings the same athletic arrogance (Gibbs' wonderful term) he displays on the field to the film room and applies it to his training regimen, he could have the kind of career it's clear he believes he has in him.

Great piece, murf.

Was able to watch D. Hall at practice yesterday morning, and the overriding impression I walked away with was that this guy believes in himself. No one's ever questioned his athletic ability (wait 'til you get a load of his punt returns), the whispers have always been about professionalism and commitment to his craft. If he brings the same athletic arrogance (Gibbs' wonderful term) he displays on the field to the film room and applies it to his training regimen, he could have the kind of career it's clear he believes he has in him.

Thanks Mark. I'm a big Virginia Tech fan, and even back in college some kids down in Blacksburgh called him "MeAngelo," because they thought he was more interested in himself than the team. Then he went to Atlanta and whispers started that he was too close to the coach and was causing problems there. From there he went to Oakland, and we all know the story there. He got paid big bucks and looked lost out on the field.

So when the guy showed up last year, I was convinced he was poison. Nevermind that I'd never said a word to him. I'd read enough to firmly believe the guy would be a problem. And luckily for the 'Skins, that's simply not the case. He's a great teammate and has more natural ability than most. I've talked to him pretty regularly about the past and he's always been very candid about it. He took the money to go to Oakland, and wishes he didn't. Things were so jacked up out there that, as he said at the end of this little writeup, he's just glad to be here.

I really do expect big things from him. And if he and Carlos Rogers stay healthy all year long, I really do think opposing offenses are going to have to work for every point they get.

“The critics can kiss my ass,” Hall said.

I'm not sure substituting "The critics" for the word "Murf" meets journalistic standards.

In other words, quote him the way he said it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.