• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wade Watch (Phillips FIRED!)

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
I know this isn't about the Redskins per se, but they are our most hated rivals, and it looks like they are about to lose their coach. The Wade Watch is on, apparently:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5779540

I know when UVA fired Groh, my Tech friends were inconsolable for days. I've already told my wife to stock up on beer for this week. If Jerrah actually goes through with it and fires Wade? Sad day, sad day.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

By the way, if the Chargers flame out and fire Norv, is there any chance Jerruh hires Norv? Can we get a petition together for that?

Ain't this awesome? THE media pick for the Super Bowl going for the number 1 pick in the draft:laugh:

So...do we root for the Cowgirls to beat the Giants this week? Nah!!! :nana:

Ideally, missing the playoffs by tie break was where I saw them this year, keeping Wade around for another year. But this is enjoyable to watch! Is that mean?

The only concern I have at this point is if Locker goes to them. That would not be a smart move on their part, they need a line to protect him, but Locker to Bryant is not a phrase I want to get used to around here!

I'm surprised he's still the head coach as of this morning, to be honest. That team has given up, you could tell last night and also last week against Jacksonville. There is zero fight left in them, and Phillips is doing nothing to right the ship.

I don't see that happening, El. I think Jones is infatuated with Romo, b/c he was undrafted. Jerry Jones, the GM that everyone makes fun of, found a Pro-Bowl starting QB who was undrafted. Makes him look smarter than everyone else. He will give Romo a minimum of two more years, imo, if not longer to fail.

Which is great. Romo is a decent QB, but they will not win consistently until he is out of there.

EDIT: Nevermind, as I said, its Monday morning. :brainfart:

I hope Dallas keeps Wade at HC. Jerry needs to know change isn't always a good thing. They are too much fun to watch. This has to be killing the media.

Didn't Jerruh already state Wade would not be replaced this season? I can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy. Everytime the TV cameras show him, he looks like he's caught wind of a really nasty fart.

I just don't see how Wade can right this ship. Then again, I don't want him to right it THIS year. ;)

I don't see that happening, El. I think Jones is infatuated with Romo, b/c he was undrafted. Jerry Jones, the GM that everyone makes fun of, found a Pro-Bowl starting QB who was undrafted. Makes him look smarter than everyone else. He will give Romo a minimum of two more years, imo, if not longer to fail.

Which is great. Romo is a decent QB, but they will not win consistently until he is out of there.

Yeah, but Locker would be a great project to teach as the Romo era concludes. I sure hope Jerruh isn't reading this. Ha!

4 PM

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips was apparently not at Valley Ranch Monday morning.IRVING -- As of 9 a.m. CT on Monday, Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips was not seen at Valley Ranch. His leased SUV which is parked outside the scouting department's office was not there, but that doesn't mean the coach was fired. Phillips is taking heat following a 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night which has put his team's losing streak at five games.

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones normally meets with the coaches on Monday to watch film of the game, but it wasn't determined if that had happened yet.
After the loss, Jones said he wants to evaluate the entire organization and expressed frustration with his 1-7 team.
"There are a lot of people here who are certainly going to suffer and suffer consequences," Jones said after the game. "I'm talking about within the team, players, coaches, who have got careers. This is certainly a setback. I know first hand what it is to have high expectations."
Phillips would not confirm if he spoke to Jones after the game and wouldn't get into specifics regarding his job status. Cowboys officials are still planning a 4 p.m. CT news conference with Phillips.

Serious question, though it sounds ridiculous. Can Jerry actually coach the team himself? You know he would if he could, but I don't know if he can or not.

Albert Breer of NFL Network reports that owner Jerry Jones will meet with the coaching staff this afternoon.

Serious question, though it sounds ridiculous. Can Jerry actually coach the team himself? You know he would if he could, but I don't know if he can or not.

I thought there was an NFL rule that said that owners couldn't do that. I know MLB put a rule in place to stop that after Ted Turner came down from the owner's box to manage the Braves. A quick search didn't turn anything up though.

Don't do it Jerruh! We need Tubby around as a favorite punching bag. :biggrin2:

Jerruh talks big, but it will probably be two unknowns who are released and some obscure assistant coach who has little to no impact at Happy Valley.

I find it funny that Jerruh sits in on Monday meetings for videos of the previous game and has that kind of input. Hey, keep doing it Bozo!!! :)

Someone needs to sneak a camera in for that meeting.

Ok, so how long is it after Wade gets the ax that someone brings up him coming to DC to run our 3-4?

The over/under is currently at 3 minutes. Place your bets.

So here's the 2 questions I've been pondering for the past bit: How do the Cowboys of this year compare to us last year, and how does this whole fiasco influence a comparison in owners of Jones vs Snyder?

Ok, so how long is it after Wade gets the ax that someone brings up him coming to DC to run our 3-4?

The over/under is currently at 3 minutes. Place your bets.

Earlier this weekend I was wondering if Chilly or Willy would be fired first. Looks like Wade is a lock to be unemployed by time the sun sets on Valley Ranch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.