• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Unions target your private retirement savings

redskins26

The Team Captain
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Will the government outlaw your 401(k) plan? It seems like an absurd possibility, yet earlier this month two Democratic senators, Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., held a hearing on Capitol Hill exploring the possibility of doing exactly that.
On Oct. 8, the two senators from the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee held a hearing on "Retirement (In)security in America." Among the proposals discussed was "Guaranteed Retirement Accounts," or GRAs.
The purpose of the GRA proposal is simple: To force Americans to stop putting their retirement savings money into private 401(k) accounts and send their money to the government instead.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-savings-1398118-106409193.html#ixzz14GEiADB5

The unions, bless their little communists hearts, find themsleves in the same boat as America does with Social Security. Pensions, which helped kill GM, are coming due. Unfortunately for the unions, they don't have enough members left to pay the bill

Little surprise they come looking to working people to bail out their little ponzi scheme

For some reason i am glad this current admin didnt get extended

Those of us who are dependent on 401Ks are going to get screwed no doubt.

What really gets me is that teachers up here can retire after 20 years. One of my kids teachers and the wife of a friend, retired after 20 years. She was 42! We will end up paying her to play for twice as long as we paid her to work. And then the school district whines about budget cuts.

Meanwhile, they are talking about raising the retirement age. That means Social Security and won’t apply to public employees who opted out of that little ponzi scheme.

Hope you all like Greek food, because that’s what we are going to be like in a few years.

Will the government outlaw your 401(k) plan? It seems like an absurd possibility, yet earlier this month two Democratic senators, Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., held a hearing on Capitol Hill exploring the possibility of doing exactly that.
On Oct. 8, the two senators from the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee held a hearing on "Retirement (In)security in America." Among the proposals discussed was "Guaranteed Retirement Accounts," or GRAs.
The purpose of the GRA proposal is simple: To force Americans to stop putting their retirement savings money into private 401(k) accounts and send their money to the government instead.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-savings-1398118-106409193.html#ixzz14GEiADB5

true. fat chance!

true. fat chance!

Want to bet? All you guys are euphoric over the election results. I’m just depressed because of what happened in California. We are going to end up bailing out that state because the public employee unions have sucked it dry. Yet the voters simply don’t see the connection between their economy and their taxes and overreaching regulations, so they put the same people who caused the problem back in charge.

While the media was busy calling the tea partiers violent racists, they ignored the fact that UC Berkeley students protesting a tuition hike and egged on by their professors, turned violent.

We are not as far away from becoming Greece as you think.

Last edited:
Want to bet? All you guys are euphoric over the election results. I’m just depressed because of what happened in California. We are going to end up bailing out that state because the public employee unions have sucked it dry. Yet the voters simply don’t see the connection between their economy and their taxes and overreaching regulations, so they put the same people who caused the problem back in charge.

While the media was busy calling the tea partiers violent racists, they ignored the fact that UC Berkeley students protesting a tuition hike and egged on by their professors, turned violent.

We are not as far away from becoming Greece as you think.

man..there'll be hell to pay if they do. they're already talking IN SOME REPUBLICAN CIRCLES about massive cuts in DoD's budget - a budget that ballooned between 2001 and the present. I can see the cuts...what POs me is that the brunt is gonna fall on personnel accounts: my pension and TRICARE (i.e., broken promises).

be wary Mike & Sarge.......the promises made to you may not be kept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.