• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Movember

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

Hello BGO! If you are thinking "WTF is Movember?" well then, please allow me tell you. Its a campaign to raise awareness about cancer in males, and more specifically prostate cancer. This year tragically 32,000 men will die as a direct result of prostate cancer. My best friend's father died a few years ago from a vicious stomach cancer, so I've seen first-hand how awful it can be. Movember is where men grow a mustache (or 'Mo' for short) for the entire month. You can join me in my mustache growing efforts, donate to the cause, or simply point and laugh at me, but I'd greatly appreciate if you could forward this message along, as the entire point is to raise awareness. Here is the form letter filled with info and scary cancer facts:

This Movember I’ve decided to donate my face to raising awareness about cancers that affect men. My commitment is the growth of a moustache for the entire month of Movember, which I know will generate conversation, controversy and laughter.

I’m doing this because:

· 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in his lifetime

· 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime

This is a cause that I feel passionately about and I’m asking you to support my efforts by making a donation to support the great work of the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG. To help, you can either:

- Click this link http://us.movember.com/mospace/952852/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account
- Write a check payable to Movember, referencing my name or Registration Number 952852 and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726

The money raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others, through the world’s most promising prostate cancer research and LIVESTRONG’s programs that support young adults and their families battling and surviving cancer.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please visit
http://us.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs/.

Thank you.

Cheers Jamie! I am growing a mustache! I watched my father whither away from cancer just 2 short years ago!

Cheers Jamie! I am growing a mustache! I watched my father whither away from cancer just 2 short years ago!

Slow going for me so far...my facial hair grows really fast until I WANT it to grow! Then it takes FOREVER!

One week update: anyone have some Mo-gaine I can borrow? :rimshot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 3 update: I think I'm looking pretty Mo-Tastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna wait until tomorrow to shave mine off, but I have an important meeting today so I had to shave it today. I was gonna take some pics, but figured you could just see them over on FB.

Jamie, kudos again for your commitment to a worthy cause!

I was gonna wait until tomorrow to shave mine off, but I have an important meeting today so I had to shave it today. I was gonna take some pics, but figured you could just see them over on FB.

Jamie, kudos again for your commitment to a worthy cause!

Thanks El! It was fun rockin' the Mo all month, I have to admit.

The Mo' is dead! Long live the Mo'!

My team of 4 was able to raise almost $2K for male-cancer awareness! It was pretty fun rockin' the Mo' all month also, I must admit. I have shaved it, and am back to normal now. Well, I will be in about a month when my beard is back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.