• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Competence and Accountability World Tour Has Started

fansince62

I voted. You better vote.

This is a dry run for 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for the first time in 1969 in an off-year municipal election.

Haven't missed one since.

I'm on my way to the polling place in just a few minutes.

uncle-sam-vote-elections-candidate-bother-voting-ecards-someecards1.png

Just returned from voting (good turnout this year even at noon, 45 minute wait) and I witnessed something for the first time today that honestly helps me understand why we are in such a mess. We have an open voting area should you not want to be in a booth and since we use paper ballots booth's aren't necessary. Sitting in front of me was a man and what appeared to be his daughter, much younger I would guess maybe 20. Father told daughter exactly who to vote for in every category, every amendment proposition and judges. Effectively this man has voted twice in my opinion. This young girl has not one clue about who she is voting for, what she's voting for and quite frankly the consequences of the decision. I have no fault nor blame for the young woman in this instance as she was obviosuly obliging her father, however her father should be ashamed for "vote pimping" his daughter. Now I'm begged to wonder how widespread this nonsense is.

you must live in Chicago!....:help:

Fansunce, I grew up in the Chicago metro area (Gary, Indiana) living there from 1954 through 1980-the politics were indeed entertainingly corrupt.

You could tell the political influence pecking order in Chicago based on which aldermen had the biggest cemeteries in their district.

nice signature there Serv!!!

Thanks-I ran across this on another forum I visit and liked it a lot. It helps explain why so many internet blog "discussions" degrade into name-calling king-of-hill alpha male chimp pi$$ing contests.

Just returned from voting (good turnout this year even at noon, 45 minute wait) and I witnessed something for the first time today that honestly helps me understand why we are in such a mess. We have an open voting area should you not want to be in a booth and since we use paper ballots booth's aren't necessary. Sitting in front of me was a man and what appeared to be his daughter, much younger I would guess maybe 20. Father told daughter exactly who to vote for in every category, every amendment proposition and judges. Effectively this man has voted twice in my opinion. This young girl has not one clue about who she is voting for, what she's voting for and quite frankly the consequences of the decision. I have no fault nor blame for the young woman in this instance as she was obviosuly obliging her father, however her father should be ashamed for "vote pimping" his daughter. Now I'm begged to wonder how widespread this nonsense is.

well you know that there were over 200 dead people who "voted" for al franken in the last election. and, of course, there were all the votes of prisoners not eligible to vote. this for a guy who "won" by a razor thin margin. yea...no voting fraud in this advanced country!

And here we go. What's the over/under for the House and for the Senate?

And forgive me. I voted for Jon Runyan today. Had no other choice. :)

I had the opportunity to vote for a woman for North Carolina Court of Appeals who quotes Hugo Black and whose favorite hobbies include competitive pistol shooting.

Damn I love candidates like that.

The more incongruous and un-niche-able the better.

So sad that here in Maryland, 4 counties keep the Dems in the highest offices. Eastern and Western Maryland know what we're doing, but we don't have the numbers to break the spell of the Democrat voting sheep.

Would like to have seen Reid bite the dust, but overall, a good start for the country. Look to finish the job in 2012.

It's the same way in Mass. I have a friend that retired up there and he said it's the same situation with Barney Fwank. No one likes him outside his district in Boston, but that's where a majority of the votes are

I was waiting for Reid to bite the dust. That would have been sweet. At least Nasty Pelosi is gone

It's the same way in Mass. I have a friend that retired up there and he said it's the same situation with Barney Fwank. No one likes him outside his district in Boston, but that's where a majority of the votes are

I was waiting for Reid to bite the dust. That would have been sweet. At least Nasty Pelosi is gone

I wish she had joined the unemployment line

But at least a good thing now democrats have to work with republicans and cant shut them out of everything and lie about not haveing ideas

Just out of curiousity, might I ask why?

Assuming that was directed toward me. I did it because I figured "Lease A Muir Cow Ski" would generate a huge argument regarding voter intent.

Ok, OK I admit I didn't really do it but I bet those write in ballots contain something equally as stupid.

Shipbuilding champion Gene Taylor lost...huge blow to the Navy and shipbuilding in general.

Assuming that was directed toward me. I did it because I figured "Lease A Muir Cow Ski" would generate a huge argument regarding voter intent.

Ok, OK I admit I didn't really do it but I bet those write in ballots contain something equally as stupid.

Rats, Alaskan-I was hoping your statement about the write-in was related to the ecard I inserted in my first post on this thread. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.