• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Competence and Accountability World Tour Has Started

Wonder if teh guys on the other board are on suicide watch yet?

How great are these words Former speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

First time I since my booting I wish I was still able to post there. It would have ROCKED:)

Boy, that would've registered on seismographs throughout the eastern half of North America.
1sm118chair.gif

Whoops, I stumbled into a Republican circle-jerk...nobody wants to discuss it for real. Sigh.

how exciting that will be. we just need someone from either the indy or repub side to actually be worth voting for. mccain ran a HORRIBLE campaign.

I dont think he ran that horrible of a campaign every time he made a mistep teh media was all over him but Obama made 3 times the mistakes and nary a word was said

DO IT!

I'd love to, but my superior conservative intellect was too much for certain people:)

Hence my inaccessability

DO IT!

I'd love to, but my superior conservative intellect was too much for certain people:)

Hence my inaccessability

He would go crying back there to all how we all we fox news spelt HIs way FAUX news and stuff. You should see some of his post pretty funny for a supposedly pastor

Probably best not to do callouts or be a sore winner. I'm as happy as anyone, but this country faces challenges the likes of which we have never seen.

My $0.02

He would go crying back there to all how we all we fox news spelt HIs way FAUX news and stuff. You should see some of his post pretty funny for a supposedly pastor

Liberals are funny sometimes. They call an actual news program FAUX news and then get their news from a comedy program.

Probably best not to do callouts or be a sore winner. I'm as happy as anyone, but this country faces challenges the likes of which we have never seen.

My $0.02

Oh, I don't want to be a sore winner, mainly because Repubs could easily be in the same position two years from now if they **** this up.

But starting about three years ago, that place went left, and I was one of the last conservative voices left there before the purge.

My parting shot, as "Blaze of Glory", was something along the lines of

"And in four years, remember Sarge said I told you so"

Funny, it didn't even take four years:)

Sarge, you are the king of sore winners. :)

real deal

fellas.....doesn't matter: we're not hearing from either party their strategy for addressing what is really going on. There is, ironically enough, an imperialist war being fought - with the United States as the target. Other nations are practicing predatory tactics to essentially undermine the US Economy. Currencies are being manipulated and trade barriers established (China, South Korea, Japan, Europe....you can go down the list...they're all doing it) to basically sustain higher levels of foreign employment by manipulating their currencies to expand the percentage of American aggregate demand that flows overseas. The same policy objectives also encourage foreign investment. In this context, what the Fed proposes to do makes perfect sense: buy back debt, inflate the currency to change the dollar exchange rate to terms more favorable to the US. Other countries are going to respond in kind and the race will be on at that point to see who can sustain this past the full employment point. The other effect of paying off this debt is to force the money holders to spend their money someplace - they have to since that money loses value each day inflation marches upward.

It's a high stakes game. My problem is that the current adminstration doesn't seem willing to fight this fight. other things need to be done like raising taxes on imports to combat (so what if a trade war erupts - IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING AND WE'RE THE SUCKERS) state engineered price inequities.....and getting control over some of the regulatory, pension and entitlement mandates that drive the cost of doing business in the US through the roof. this is a serious battle. The Dems clearly know what is at stake but don't seem to have a real plan...and even if they did may not want to put it into play for either ideological reasons or political base reasons. The Republicans haven't articulated a strategy either - though they at elast are going to try to address the spending side of the problem that has created some of this mess.

we are at the precipice. we will see if the knuckleheads in the ruling class really care about this country or have personal/ideological ambitions that do not include the greater good.

Oh, I don't want to be a sore winner, mainly because Repubs could easily be in the same position two years from now if they **** this up.

But starting about three years ago, that place went left, and I was one of the last conservative voices left there before the purge.

My parting shot, as "Blaze of Glory", was something along the lines of

"And in four years, remember Sarge said I told you so"

Funny, it didn't even take four years:)

it did go left in a very insidious/devious way. I was purged also. the "plate" of ideas being forwarded was being manipulated to favor a certain political disposition of some of the mods. they will deny this until blue in the face...but over the course of years I was able to see the pattern. folks would wait until some heavy language was employed and use that as an excuse to "purge". there was no overriding priority to entertain all competing ideas to ensure the "market" was functioning in a healthy way. the usual technique was for some self-anointed expert to pose "I'm not sure fellas and am unwilling to draw a judgment at this point on [pick the current politcal controversy].......what do you think?" the intent all along being to support a particular point-of-view, flush those who disagree out, provoke a heated exchange and then hit the "unacceptable post" button that activates the mod ban event handler. that's how fascists operate! all the while assuring themselves they're really, really good folks who just have superior standards of politeness - ignoring the disingenuous aspects of how they manipulate the free flow of ideas and information based on experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.