• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rabach has been a turnstile FOR YEARS!

fansince62

Ya gotta like the guy....but I remember thinking way back to the first year he was a Skin that he had to go. he just aint got the size/strength.

Yep, I've been advocating for him to go for two years now
How many times has he stepped on McNabbs foot today trynig to get set?

Holy God Suh looks good though. Don't get me wrong, I want a replacement for Rabach, but Suh looks like an absolute freaking beast.

What is the deal with our O-line not pass or run blocking at all today? Generally it seems like we do one well, but not the other, but not today. Doing neither well.

I haven't saw much in the way of solid play by the Oline for most of the season. I think they are better than last seasons unit but thats not saying a whole lot.

I haven't saw much in the way of solid play by the Oline for most of the season. I think they are better than last seasons unit but thats not saying a whole lot.

agree. we'll spend another off-season of FA searches, trades, drafts building the O-line.

agree. we'll spend another off-season of FA searches, trades, drafts building the O-line.

Yeah, Jamaal Brown has me worried some. The fact that Heyer was in for him kinda speaks poorly of him. I really thought our line would be much improved with Brown and Williams. Williams looks legit, Brown not so much.

Yeah, Jamaal Brown has me worried some. The fact that Heyer was in for him kinda speaks poorly of him. I really thought our line would be much improved with Brown and Williams. Williams looks legit, Brown not so much.

never did get the story-line on this...is Brown not fully recovered from his injury?

never did get the story-line on this...is Brown not fully recovered from his injury?
I’ve read numerous reports stating that his hip is still giving him problems; evidently he hasn’t fully healed from either the injury or surgery. The team has been wanting to rotate him with Heyer, but Heyer sprained his ankle early in the Chicago game so he’s only half speed as well.

I’m starting to wonder if we’re ever going to get our offensive line squared away. Blargh.

I’ve read numerous reports stating that his hip is still giving him problems; evidently he hasn’t fully healed from either the injury or surgery. The team has been wanting to rotate him with Heyer, but Heyer sprained his ankle early in the Chicago game so he’s only half speed as well.

I’m starting to wonder if we’re ever going to get our offensive line squared away. Blargh.

young guys through the draft......

young guys through the draft......

That will be the key for sure. I think they did as much as they could (given the free agent situation) this past off-season.

Rabach is well liked by his teammates and the coaching staff but the guy is over matched against average DTs. When he plays against the elite guys he gets flat abused. That has to be on the list to upgrade list.

Rabach is garbage. Hicks is garbage. Brown is injured. Williams is slumping, although at least one holding call on him was bogus. The OL is not in good shape right now.

Rabach is garbage. Hicks is garbage. Brown is injured. Williams is slumping, although at least one holding call on him was bogus. The OL is not in good shape right now.

yea....it needs some work! gonna take a season or two to get this one right. as will the d-line

That will be the key for sure. I think they did as much as they could (given the free agent situation) this past off-season.

Rabach is well liked by his teammates and the coaching staff but the guy is over matched against average DTs. When he plays against the elite guys he gets flat abused. That has to be on the list to upgrade list.

Center has to basic roles:

- call the blocking scheme adjustments

- run/pass block

Teams like to keep experienced centers as it's hard to find centers w/enough experience to consistently make the right call - hence Rabach's value. but they have to handle the larger bull rushing NTs and DTs these days....and Rabach has always been weak in that dept IMO. we're gonna have to replace hiim. and the guard situation is gonna have to be fixed...I was expecting big Mike was going to be an agile road grader this season but his heart had other ideas. hope he makes it back next year. leitxxxxx? I haven't seen anything all that outstanding...who knows.

I think I'd put Dockery back in there

Think playing Cory 'Can't block a Lich' is part of the problem. I wonder how much of Rabach's problems is trying to cover for him as well.

Dockery may not be the best zone blocker in the world, but he does well in pass protection.

Think playing Cory 'Can't block a Lich' is part of the problem. I wonder how much of Rabach's problems is trying to cover for him as well.

Dockery may not be the best zone blocker in the world, but he does well in pass protection.

Yes. It appears the coaching staff has decided that running the ball is anathema to them. So put in Dock who is pretty good at pass blocking. If you're going to scheme one way, at least use the players who fit that scheme.

What worries me is what Giants DL will do to whoever is behind center.

Yeah, we better issue them baseball bats for the Gints game

If I were McNabb, I think I'd get benched before that game too

Yes. It appears the coaching staff has decided that running the ball is anathema to them. So put in Dock who is pretty good at pass blocking. If you're going to scheme one way, at least use the players who fit that scheme.

agree. it appears that is what has happened with the defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.