• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rally to Restore Sanity - Anyone Going?

I think it would be fun but I dont like these "comedians" who now act like theyre politically smart. I wonder how much Stewart really knows and how much of it is taught to him and written down for him. I remember him from MTV and that sure doesnt make me scream political analyst but unfortunately some kids arent smart enough to do the same and think he is the be all/end all.

but I guarantee its going to be a good laugh with him and Colbert going back and forth..

Agreed. I saw a stat the other day from a poll that said a large number of people under the age of 30 get their news from JS. That's crazy. I enjoy the satire and commentary, but if you're not checking other sources and seeing what else it out there, you're missing out.

But very entertaining, though.

Stewart knows more about politics than most people I know.

I'll warn everyone now, DC will be a zoo this weekend because of the Marine Corps Marathon. Rolling road blocks, all sorts of neat stuff

If Obama shows up, I guess it'll be even more a cluster****

Sarge, I think we will be heading up 95, then taking the Metro in. You think that will be all right? Anything we need to avoid there?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm missing the rally because I'm running the aforementioned marathon.

That's the plan anyway. :)

Sarge, I think we will be heading up 95, then taking the Metro in. You think that will be all right? Anything we need to avoid there?

WTOP is the place to check. I think Metro is running normally, but it's going to be busy

I'm missing the rally because I'm running the aforementioned marathon.

That's the plan anyway. :)

Holy crap! Good luck. Don't overdo it

Unions are busing in lots of folks - good news! same folks will be busy littering the mall rather than bothering voters over the weekend or "fixing" ballots in places like Nev.

WTOP is the place to check. I think Metro is running normally, but it's going to be busy

To add to what Sarge had to say, I think that you should be OK as long as you’re not driving and can find a parking spot at the metro station. There will be some road closures and parking restrictions throughout the area over the weekend, but the marathon and rally activities won’t overlap. (Nor will their port-a-potties, if you’ve been following that story.) By taking the metro, you’ll be able to avoid all of the nuisances associated with traffic restrictions. And remember, when riding the metro escalators, stand on the right and pass on the left.

If you see a middle-aged woman wearing a Redskins cap and a brown t-shirt, come over and say hi. :)

Last edited:
I will be there for the marathon, I have several friends running so I am gonna go down to take photos. I was gonna go down Saturday to take my friends around the mall, but I was reminded of the rally the other day. I am still gonna go, because attendance at this event is not going to create any congestion. All 12 people who are gonna show up are just a drop in the bucket on any normal DC afternoon! LOL!!!

I will say this, I have seen Stewart have his feet held to the fire a few times. He is up to date when it comes to politics. He is no slouch. He just appeals to his constituency, 20 somethings. I don't blame the man for that. He will never be taken seriously as a real news man because he doesn't want to. I would wager if he wanted the 8pm time slot to replace Sanchez over at CNN, he could have it.

I will be there for the marathon, I have several friends running so I am gonna go down to take photos. I was gonna go down Saturday to take my friends around the mall, but I was reminded of the rally the other day. I am still gonna go, because attendance at this event is not going to create any congestion. All 12 people who are gonna show up are just a drop in the bucket on any normal DC afternoon! LOL!!!

I will say this, I have seen Stewart have his feet held to the fire a few times. He is up to date when it comes to politics. He is no slouch. He just appeals to his constituency, 20 somethings. I don't blame the man for that. He will never be taken seriously as a real news man because he doesn't want to. I would wager if he wanted the 8pm time slot to replace Sanchez over at CNN, he could have it.

have a good time El! you know...when Stewart's writers were on strike...he was rather pedestrian.

anywho...I was there when the Viet Nam memorial was dedicated. Very, very eerie day. blustery Fall afternoon.....chilly......Chariots of Fire theme blaring over a speaker system in an end-less loop....vet motorcycle cavalcade.....empty sidewalks......people touching a wall to be transported.

lasting memory.

have a good time El! you know...when Stewart's writers were on strike...he was rather pedestrian.

anywho...I was there when the Viet Nam memorial was dedicated. Very, very eerie day. blustery Fall afternoon.....chilly......Chariots of Fire theme blaring over a speaker system in an end-less loop....vet motorcycle cavalcade.....empty sidewalks......people touching a wall to be transported.

lasting memory.

Don't get me wrong, I don't watch Stewart's show nor do I plan to go to the Mall to see him or even Colbert, who I do not care for in the least. I am just going with some friends from out of town to go see the Mall.

As far as the Viet Nam Memorial, it moves me every time. I remember the first time I saw it, I was blown away. It is grand!

Don't get me wrong, I don't watch Stewart's show nor do I plan to go to the Mall to see him or even Colbert, who I do not care for in the least. I am just going with some friends from out of town to go see the Mall.

As far as the Viet Nam Memorial, it moves me every time. I remember the first time I saw it, I was blown away. It is grand!

El...your choice how you spend your free time! Can't fault anyone for that!

Just have a blast at the marathon - great cause!

Well, it looks like they had a much bigger turnout than I thought they would. I am surprised and glad I did not go!

Huge turnout. Kinda crazy there. A lot of fun though, and I thought JS did a good job of keeping it apolitical. The signs people had were great! I took some pics on my phone, not sure if I can figure out how to transfer them, but if I can, i will upload them.

does anyone else find it funny that its just being called "rally to restore sanity" when the real title is "rally to restore sanity/and or fear"

people in my opinion try to make stewart out to be this political figure when hes still just a comedian but found a niche to make money off of.

bingo!!!!!!

Heard they left a lot of trash on the ground

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.