• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pu$$y Problem

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
So a stray we've adopted turns out to be pregnant. Today, she managed to crawl under the house, through a ventilation hole in the cinder block wall to the crawlspace under my front porch. Only access is through a 2' x 1' ventilation square. I knocked out the screen and can see the kittens, but no way in hell I can get them out of there. Mama cat did come out long enough to eat, and I re-sealed it so no critters like racoons, possums, or other cats can get in there. Mama can get out through the hole in the cinder block wall, but those kittens won't be able to climb out for weeks and weeks.

Thinking when they start moving around in a few weeks, I'll slide a 1' x 8' in there so they have something to climb out on. The ventilation square is a good 3' off the ground, so unless she carries them out in her mouth, can't see them being able to get out. My daughter is worrying about them. But hopefully mother nature and Mama cat knows what they are doing.

I did throw a blanket down near them, so if they choose to use it they've got something to cuddle up on anyway.

As I told my wife - like I don't have enough **** to worry about without the survival of kittens on my conscience :)

Anyone had a similar experience?

Sadly, there have been few times in my life when I've had more pu$$y than I could handle. :laugh:

Seriously though, I've never had the access problems you describe, but I've had some other "fun" times raising animals.

First of all, we had a rabbit that had babies when I was a kid. The mama rabbit shunned them, so dad took them out of the hutch and put them in a bowl with a towel, and put a desk lamp above it to provide warmth.

We ran some errands, and came home to find the baby bunnies crawled on top of the towel, and baked themselves under the lap. Good times. :(

Having had so much success with the bunnies ;) we decided it was time to breed our miniature schnauzer.

Most of the pups did fine, but one had a cleft pallet. Mom wouldn't let it try to nurse. So we took turns hand feeding it around the clock.

Shortly thereafter, a plastic surgeon (for humans) moved into the area, and started going to our church. I traded him a story on his new office for surgery to fix the dog's pallet. It worked, and we had her for about 6 years; until she was hit by a car. :( :( :(

Believe it or not, there were a few animals that were strong enough to survive the house I grew up in. They remain some of my favorite "people" to this day.

Over the summer, I was driving down the road and saw something in the middle of the road. As I got closer, I saw it was an animal, eventually getting close enough to see it was a kitten in between the double yellow lines in the middle of the road. Traffic was stopped in the opposite lane so I stopped. I went over and the little critter was in shock. I grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and saw blood coming from his nose. I immediately place him on my shoulder and he melded into me. He knew I was going to take care of him.

Of course I wasn't thinking because I cannot possibly afford a vet bill for a stray cat. This thing needs medical attention. I have 2 dogs and a cat in my house already and I know I can't bring him home. So I took him to the vet.

As soon as he got into the car he frantically searched for a way out. He stained my back seats with blood, I was afraid he was going to scratch something up or maybe even get up under the dashboard. As I pulled into the parking lot at the Vet's office, I realized it was going to be a task to get this little guy out. He may have been happy I picked him up from the road, but he was definitely in flight mode.

At first I didn't see him so I walked around to the other side of the car and saw him scrambling for the front of the car where he could get stuck in the dash board. I opened the door real quickly and leaned in rapidly to pounce on him before he got there. Right then, the door bounced back at the precise moment I was leaning in and I banged my forehead on the corner of the car door. Ouch! I actually saw stars! But I was able to get to him again by the scruff of his neck which immediately subdued him.

I walked in the door and took him to the ladies at the front desk to a round of aww's. Then they saw the look on my face as I was unsure what to do. I knew what was about to happen, I had to stand up for this guy or he was dead. The reality hit me like a ton of bricks. The ladies asked me what I wanted to do. The practical part of me knew what I needed to do, but I couldn't say the words. Finally she looked at me and said, we'll take him from here. She knew I couldn't say it. I knew it was going to cost me a lot of money, a poor excuse now that I look back, but a legitimate reason. I had 3 animals at home with me and my fiancé in a small home that was not big enough for all 5 of us at this point.

So I walked out of the Vet's office without him, a huge lump on my forehead from hitting the door and a heavy heart! Immediately I knew I made the wrong decision, but I still left the office. As I drove away, I thought I had made the right choice, I knew what was going to happen, the little guy was bleeding from the nose, yet I could not stop thinking about him!

After an hour of trying to decide and naming the little guy Lump, after the lump on my noggin, I decided I needed to go back and get him. About 70 minutes later I called the Vet's office to see how he was, but I was too late. They had already done it. She told me that his injuries were too severe from apparently being hit by a car. My indecision to stand up for that little guy was the real culprit. I know well enough that if they had someone willing to pay for the medical bills they would have saved him.

I gotta say guys, that experience touched me. I was going to start a thread about it back then, but didn't. I think I was afraid of letting you guys know how much that little kitten affected me. Boone, thanks for sharing your story asking us to share ours. I know mine is only mildly similar, but I had forgotten about Lump. I am glad to remember him. For the brief 45 minutes that kitten was in my life, he made a lasting impression.

I didn't realize we had so many cat lovers among us

The oddest part of my story is that I am not a cat fan. Cat litter boxes are disgusting!.

So I get this email today

A pretty little girl named Suzy was standing on the sidewalk in front of her home. Next to her was a basket containing a number of tiny creatures; in her hand was a sign announcing FREE KITTENS.

Suddenly a line of big black cars pulled up beside her. Out of the lead car stepped a tall, grinning man.

"Hi there little girl, I'm President Obama. What do you have in the basket?" he asked.

"Kittens," little Suzy said.

"How old are they?" asked Obama.

Suzy replied, "They're so young, their eyes aren't even open yet."

"And what kind of kittens are they?"

"Democrats," answered Suzy with a smile.

Obama was delighted. As soon as he returned to his car, he called his PR chief and told him about the little girl and the kittens.

Recognizing the perfect photo op, the two men agreed that the president should return the next day; and in front of the assembled media, have the girl talk about her discerning kittens.

So the next day, Suzy was again standing on the sidewalk with her basket of "FREE KITTENS," when another motorcade pulled up, this time followed by vans from ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN.

Cameras and audio equipment were quickly set up, then Obama got out of his limo and walked over to little Suzy.

"Hello, again," he said, "I'd love it if you would tell all my friends out there what kind of kittens you're giving away."

"Yes sir," Suzy said. "They're Republicans."

Taken by surprise, the president stammered, "But... but... yesterday, you told me they were DEMOCRATS."

Little Suzy smiled and said, "I know. But today, they have their eyes open.

All right. We adopted a cat a month ago or so. Everything was fine for the first couple of weeks. Then the damned thing started ****ting on my bathroom floor. Still pees in the litterbox but takes a dump two feet away from the litterbox. I am ready to kill her. I don't know what to do, other than to drive her to the middle of nowhere and drop her.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I have not. I don't know how to do that. How does one toilet train a cat?

It has to use the litter box to be toilet-trained. If its not using the litter box, you probably won't be able to train it to use the toilet.

A lot of times a cat not using the box can signal a health problem, but its usually a UTI. If he's peeing in the box, that's probably not it. Might be a good idea to take him to the vet anyway.

Is he pooping on a carpet? If so, the texture of the litter may be aggravating him. Try changing the litter to a softer one, and removing the carpet and see what he does.

No, just on the tiled bathroom floor. We actually don't have any carpet in the house.

No, just on the tiled bathroom floor. We actually don't have any carpet in the house.

Could still be the litter aggravating him. Might just be a bad cat.

Could still be the litter aggravating him. Might just be a bad cat.

Why would she still be peeing in the litter box then? I am inclined to think it is a bad cat. My wife wants to get rid of her, but not sure who would want a crapping cat...

I've been reading about this and one thing I've seen mentioned on several cat related forums is that this behavior of pooping but not peeing in the litterbox is often the cat's response to a urinary infection so a visit to the vet to have this checked out might not be a bad idea. Also some cats act almost like they have OCD when it comes to having a scrupulously clean litterbox.

Or, it could be the required feline disdain for their human "owners". LOL!

I grew up with both cats and dogs and enjoy both although, I must admit, I have leaned toward favoring cats in recent years. Any animal the can say "**** you." with a glance is one I just gotta love!

I've been reading about this and one thing I've seen mentioned on several cat related forums is that this behavior of pooping but not peeing in the litterbox is often the cat's response to a urinary infection so a visit to the vet to have this checked out might not be a bad idea.

I said this earlier, but the problem is this cat has the reverse problem - its peeing but not pooping in the litter box. Maybe it has hemorrhoids? lol

Also some cats act almost like they have OCD when it comes to having a scrupulously clean litterbox.

Yeah, I think this is probably it. Try cleaning the litter box a couple times a day and see if that helps. I also think changing the litter might be a good idea also.

I grew up with both cats and dogs and enjoy both although, I must admit, I have leaned toward favoring cats in recent years. Any animal the can say "**** you." with a glance is one I just gotta love!

I love dogs, but my biggest problem with them is that they are codependent. If you decide to stay out late one night, or don't even come home at all, its not a big deal with a cat. Can't do that with a dog.

Anyone want to point out the irony to Serv?

Uh......Let's see. Make mental note to self....wait until major faux pas to realize I decided to wait until after posting to actually follow mental note....address answer to wrong poster....ummmmmm. Find possible explanation......(wheels in cranial gearbox finally start grinding)
:new_idea:

Ahhhhh....got it. Some people are allergic to cat hair, I am apparently allergic to cat threads-exposure causes cortical meltdown and loss of concentration.

And nobody ragged my a$$???

Geez, you guys are slipping. LOL!

Damn the off-season!! :rotflmao:

You're not in the political threads enough, Serv. I woulda called you a dimwitted moron by now...

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.