• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Darrell Green is No. 75 on NFL Films' List of Top 100 Greatest Players

Jimbo

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
This news is about a month old but I wanted to post this because of the video. Carl Lewis remembers Darrell and his career.

NFL Network is counting down the Top 100 Greatest Players in NFL History. I've watched a couple of them and the highlights and stories are pretty cool.

What a great video. Good mix of clips both obscure and well known.

Be nice if the NFL wasn't so damn cheap they can't post decent quality video though.

I mean seriously.

I have been DVR'ing them. They just got down to 20. So far DG is the only Redskins' player I have seen. I am sure Sammy Baugh will be in the top 5 or better, he usually is.

I have been DVR'ing them. They just got down to 20. So far DG is the only Redskins' player I have seen. I am sure Sammy Baugh will be in the top 5 or better, he usually is.

Gotta believe Sammy is up there in the top 5 or 6. Steve Sabol said there were only two Redskins in the list. Kinda sad. :(

Om, you're right about the vid quality but it was cool to see some of the obscure stuff. As for Carl Lewis, I've read from multiple sources that Darrell did in fact beat Carl in a race his sophomore year at Texas A&I. ;)

Well, I gotta say I am a little disappointed to see where they put Sammy Baugh. Number 14? I guess it just goes to show you, the older players do not get the notoriety they deserve anymore. Look, this guy had 4 int's and 4 td's in one game. He led the league in three categories, Passing, punting and interceptions in the same season. He holds the record for most seasons leading the NFL in passing, tied with Steve Young at 6. On top of all that he won 2 World Championships and that suggests a player is one of the best, not number 14 all time.

Oh yeah, worst part of it all. Bill Belichek was given the responsibility of narrating for Sammy. :puke:

Green only played 15 seasons? I guess I imagined the last 5.

Well, I gotta say I am a little disappointed to see where they put Sammy Baugh. Number 14? I guess it just goes to show you, the older players do not get the notoriety they deserve anymore. Look, this guy had 4 int's and 4 td's in one game. He led the league in three categories, Passing, punting and interceptions in the same season. He holds the record for most seasons leading the NFL in passing, tied with Steve Young at 6. On top of all that he won 2 World Championships and that suggests a player is one of the best, not number 14 all time.

Oh yeah, worst part of it all. Bill Belichek was given the responsibility of narrating for Sammy. :puke:

I totally agree. I was disappointed Sammy isn't in the top 10... at the very least. There are no 3-way players in recent past. they've talked on NFL network about who they think are in the top 10 and of course Joe Montana is talked about.. not taking anything away from Montana.. can you see HIM playing 60 minutes?

Sammy still holds records to this day and he's only #14? Give me a break. It does prove the more recent players are getting more press, etc. Playes nowadays have it easier, more protected, etc.

personally Darrell Green belongs higher than he was; that may be my Redskins bias showing, but 20 years and what he accomplished and he's only 75? oh well.

Maybe we all sound like crotchety old men(maybe we ARE crotchety) but I do agree, yesterday's players don't get near the credit that they're due.

Doesn't matter which sport it is.

As for DG, he is totally disrespected on this list at 75. When you look at the time he played, there were only two other dbs in his class: Woodson and Sanders...and Sanders did his best to run from any type of contact.

Green
Woodson
Sanders

In that order....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.