• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skinsflash: Redskins sign DJ Hackett, Michael Marquardt

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

August 5, 2009

REDSKINS SIGN HACKETT, MARQUARDT;WAIVE/INJURED ROYDELL WILLIAMS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed wide receiver D.J. Hackett and defensive lineman Michael Marquardt. In addition, the team waived/injured wide receiver Roydell Williams.

Hackett, entering his sixth season out of Colorado, has played in 42 career games, with 16 starts. The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Hackett has hauled in 118 passes for 1,575 yards and nine touchdowns. His best season came in 2006 when registered 45 receptions for 610 yards and four touchdowns with Seattle. Hackett was a fourth-round pick (157 overall) of the Seahawks in 2004, where current Redskins Head Coach Jim Zorn served as the team’s quarterbacks coach through 2007. Following four years in Seattle, Hackett was signed as an unrestricted free agent by Carolina, where in his lone season he played in nine games with two starts.

The 6-foot-3, 302-pound Marquardt spent last season on the Eagles’ practice squad. He was originally signed by Cincinnati as a college free agent out of Arizona State in 2008. He was waived by the Bengals before training camp and signed by Carolina. The Panthers waived him on Aug. 6, 2008 and he was signed by the Eagles four days later.

Williams originally signed with the team on May 4, 2009.

(courtesy of Washington Redskins)

I like the signing of Hackett. I actually was kind of unclear, given the word out of minicamp why they chose to go Roydell Williams over Hackett in the first place.

Good depth signing. I still don't understand why Hackett wasn't signed when he visited in March.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

As I recall BD, Hackett had other visits scheduled and chose not to sign with us at that point. Could be misremembering it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.