• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D.: Unstrung Heroes

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Does character matter in today’s NFL? I’ve raised my wonderful son Daniel on Redskins football. At an early age, upon hearing his burgundy and...

More...

I still care too, Boone. Not sure why as I should be numb by now but I care. I blame my parents. ;)

I hear ya...I'm torn on a lot of fronts - it may not keep me from watching, but I think a dirt bag is a dirtbag. If Favre did what we think he is, he's a dirtbag - his wife deserves better.

I actually think Taylor was just misunderstood. I got to see a lot of him up close his first year and I never got the feeling he was a bad guy, just painfully introverted, and probably made some bad early decisions. But I always got the feeling inside he was a quality guy.

I read the article last night when the magazine came out and from my earliest memories, my parents really emphasized family over any and all pseudo-heroes. That's not to say I didn't have favorites or look to some of these players as role models for my playing days (high school only). But I give my parents a lot of credit for keeping a certain perspective and instilling it in me.

A few years ago, I watched an interview that Gayle Sayers gave and he talked about the idiotic celebrations after a tackle, first down, sack, catch, etc. and especially after touchdowns. I agree with it 100%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.