• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We should have won this one !!

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Much improvement all the way 'round, but still making small mistakes. You cannot miss turnover opportunities agains Manning. Rogers would have a sore chest for all the work in front of a ball thrower he'd get. I'd ramp it up to about 90 MPH and he'd catch the balls or get nicely bruised up. :) He catches that first one, and the Colts may never get that first score off of an interception.

I didn't really expect us to compete this well. Definitely can't overlook us now. We can see the improvements and think we can feel confident this team is on the way up.

Dungy is making me sick. Colts seem tired. Give me a break. One thing about this Redskins team. They're gonna hit you hard and force fumbles.

I think something Collingsworth said in the 2nd quarter is what has impressed me most. He said, "This Redskins' defense better be in good shape!" I think at the end of the game it looked like they still had some gas left and the Colts offense was tired. That 3 and out to give us the ball with more than 2 minutes left was a great series by our defense after being run around for much of the game.

I think something Collingsworth said in the 2nd quarter is what has impressed me most. He said, "This Redskins' defense better be in good shape!" I think at the end of the game it looked like they still had some gas left and the Colts offense was tired. That 3 and out to give us the ball with more than 2 minutes left was a great series by our defense after being run around for much of the game.

Great point, El. I had forgotten Cris said that. The guys were obviously amped and ready to do it some more at the end of the game.

Somehow I doubt that would have been the case under Zorn.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We can see the improvements and think we can feel confident this team is on the way up.

Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction.

Playing the Colts provided a dramatic contrast between a very good team and our team which isn’t really very good. Sure the final score was close and we had a chance to tie it at the end, but the difference between us and the Colts was stark.

While Manning was able to pass from large pockets with good passing lanes and was seldom under pressure, McNabb constantly had to play Houdini just to get a pass off. Can you imagine how ugly it would have been if Jason Campbell or Patrick Ramsey had been under center?

It seems like the Colt receivers were open by 5 yards all night (until their last three passes when suddenly the Redskin secondary figured out how to cover.) Meanwhile, McNabb had to thread the needle on every play. Can someone please explain to me why Phillip Buchanon gets beaten like a stepchild all night and suddenly turns into Champ Bailey at the end of the game?

What’s with this “we don’t need any stinking defensive linemen” on third and two? Does Haslett really believe that we are going to stop anyone while our front seven are standing up milling around. They have been doing this all year and it doesn’t work. We have however developed the ability to give up long runs which I guess has the advantage of not having to watch the opposition play pitch and catch all the way down the field. At least this way, we get to have some variety.

4th and 10 with the game on the line. Does anyone really think this is a good time to throw deep into double coverage?

Why is it that the Redskin safeties always arrive well after the completion and the Colt safeties are right there on our guys along with their corners? Are our receivers not that good or are our safeties that bad or is it both?

All the talk about using our two tight ends was just that, talk. When Cooley went down we could see that there was nothing wrong with Fred Davis (except that McNabb doesn’t want to pass to him.) Hey the Colts have a rookie middle linebacker. Think we can use our two tight ends to exploit the middle and force the Colts to help out with a safety so that Armstrong/Moss/Galloway get single coverage? Of course not.

Let’s face it, except for problems in the Colts kicking game and the Colts having a bad case of fumbleitis, this would have been a blow out.

But it wasn't. When you are in the position that the Skins are in (Not a whole lot of talent) you need to take advantage of every opportunity you can get. The Skins are doing that this year. Last year we would have mailed it in.

It may be ugly. It may not be they way it was in 91, but we're hanging around in games. As almost every announcer on TV says, you let a team hang around, and they can come back on you.

We've been hanging around in almost every game this year. Add a few more pieces to the mix and we might actually get back to being favorites again

Add a few more pieces to the mix and we might actually get back to being favorites again

I dunno. I'm pretty old. I don't think my life expectancy is long enough to rebuild this piece of garbage especially at the rate of one useful draft choice per year.

There's a lot to do. Vinny da Turd and the danny left the cubboard pretty bare. Thta's why I predicted 6-10 this year. It's painfully obvious that the interior of the O-Line needs to be addressed. WR needs a look over and RB as well.

Lots to do. That's why I'm not against getting rid of Butterworth to get some draft choices. We've yet to see how or what this group would do with them, but it can't be any worse then what snyderetto did the past few years.

I don't know if we should have, but we definitely could have won the game.

Shanahan and Allen are dealing with the hand they were dealt. It will take couple years to restock this team. The future looks good, especially when wearing burgundy and gold glasses.

I don't know if we should have, but we definitely could have won the game.

Shanahan and Allen are dealing with the hand they were dealt. It will take couple years to restock this team. The future looks good, especially when wearing burgundy and gold glasses.

how are they going to restock? that's the key question. I don't see it. They persued a FA strategy and traded future picks. the FA/trade strategy hasn't produced one difference maker. some capable finds...but not one difference maker with the exception of McNabb - who brings his own set of liabilities. I don't see the eye for talent taht is gonna be needed to make this strategy viable.

where's the talent going to come from? cuz they have holes all over the place.

I believe we have 6 or 7 picks in 2011 draft. Guess there will still be a draft if lockout occurs.

Restocking is going to take some time. Think Allen and Shanahan will be smarter about how they retool the roster.

We as fans have to be patient. Today we live in a microwave society. Everyone wants instant results. Thing is it may be 3 years or more if we have major labor issues next year.

I believe we have 6 or 7 picks in 2011 draft. Guess there will still be a draft if lockout occurs.

Restocking is going to take some time. Think Allen and Shanahan will be smarter about how they retool the roster.

We as fans have to be patient. Today we live in a microwave society. Everyone wants instant results. Thing is it may be 3 years or more if we have major labor issues next year.

Exactly. We just have to be satisfied that with the fact that we appear to have competant coaching and front office personnel in place. And that the danny apprears to have finally gotten the hint and butted out

I'm kinda psyched for next years draft for a change

Exactly. We just have to be satisfied that with the fact that we appear to have competant coaching and front office personnel in place. And that the danny apprears to have finally gotten the hint and butted out

I'm kinda psyched for next years draft for a change

:thud:

If Sarge is happy with the front office and the Danny...

Fact: The last three years that Shanahan was at Denver he was 24-24 .500 We are now 3-3 .500

I was patent and even a little optimistic. But some of the coaches’ decisions have been just weird.

Haslett’s defense should be called the Genesis defense because it certainly is without form and void.

Third and 2 and one down lineman? Give me a break.

4th and 10 throw a bomb into double coverage?

Haslett has his receivers watching the quarterbacks. No wonder they’re losing track of where the receivers are.

The Haynesworth saga is now making Shanahan just look petty.

Only two of this years draft choices are even on the roster. If you click on stats for Perry Riley in Redskins.com you get a blank page, literally. Has he even been active? Williams was a good choice but heck even Vinnie could get high first rounder’s right.

If Snyder decides to build a new stadium, he should do it on high ground because at the pace of one usable draft choice per year, global warming would otherwise have it under water before we have a competitive team.

Kyle Shanahan was supposed to be a great offensive coordinator and people point to Houston’s stats as proof. Guess what, they don’t seem to miss him all that much.

The only thing I can be positive about is that the players are playing hard. But how long will that last as the losses pile up and the players begin to question these coaches’ decisions? Especially on the defense.

:thud:

If Sarge is happy with the front office and the Danny...

I'll probably never care for the danny because, well, he's a sum bitch. But to his credit it appears he's finally, finally gotten the message to back off and quit playing fantasy football

Opinion is still out on the front office, but we'll see after the draft this spring.

if that ball is 3 inches higher and 2 inches out we win the game. and then I bet this thread is singing a whole different tune. that guy caught an amazing INT and tahts all there is to it.

That would only be true if you watched only that one play and looked at the final score, ignoring the debacle that occurred for the 60 minutes prior to that. Dig deeper, and you can see that there was a vast difference in quality between us and the Colts and that quality difference includes coaching, especially on the defensive side.

if that ball is 3 inches higher and 2 inches out we win the game. and then I bet this thread is singing a whole different tune. that guy caught an amazing INT and tahts all there is to it.

I said basically same thing in another thread. We were a lot closer to winning on that play then people realize. You have to give that safety credit for a helluva play.

That would only be true if you watched only that one play and looked at the final score, ignoring the debacle that occurred for the 60 minutes prior to that. Dig deeper, and you can see that there was a vast difference in quality between us and the Colts and that quality difference includes coaching, especially on the defensive side.

I think Mike's point is that we were that close to winning, despite the rest. This makes it all the more frustrating in my opinion...we were SO terrible, but STILL in the game at the end. In all honesty, I don't think this game should have been close - Redskins should have won in a walk. The Colts were begging to lose the game, we just couldn't capitalize on their mistakes.

The toss-sweep to the short side on 3rd and 2 was a head-scratcher...one that I will be thinking about for a long, long time.

The toss-sweep to the short side on 3rd and 2 was a head-scratcher...one that I will be thinking about for a long, long time.

Terrible call. Worst call of the night, imo. The McNabb deep pass on 4th I assume (without looking at tape) was more a result of coverage than the actual play design.

The toss call had me staring mouth wide open at the screen for a good 5 seconds. Did not get that at all.

I gotta go with Mike's optimism, although there would still be naysayers. We made a couple of huge mistakes, 3rd and 1 late in the game and you pitch the ball to Torain instead of running him up the gut? We lost momentum on that play! We did not make key interceptions! We couldn't get a bounce our way in the first half. And it that ball had been a fraction higher, Galloway was gone for the win.

That's the point! With all that picking apart of our Defense, once again it came down to the very last play or two of the game for a Super Bowl favorite led by one of the greatest QB's to play the game to beat us.

Guys, like I mentioned in another thread, there is still a lot of work to do. But this team is definitely a lot better! So what if we only have 6 draft picks next year. The way this organization is heading, the FA players looking for a payday and nothing else will go elsewhere and the ones who want to play football will be looking at this team thinking highly of the direction we are headed. We will make some key FA pickups along the way to add to our draft picks. Things are on the rise.

Elephant that may be true, however for a team to be considered a contender or "for real," they can't make these mistakes. The difference between the average NFL team and the Patriots winning 3 superbowls in 6 years is the execution of these plays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.