• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Latest Congressional outrage: Insider trading runs amok

Sarge

Nice.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/danielhowesblog/index.php?blogid=386

And they wonder why folks are angry?

How 'bout because evidence keeps mounting that the people who make the rules that govern increasing provinces of American lives -- financial institutions, members of Congress and their preening staffers, for starters -- tilt the rules to their benefit. The latest: At least 72 congressional aides from both sides of the aisle, The Wall Street Journal reported this week, traded shares in companies their bosses oversaw from their lofty perches on key congressional committees.

"The aides identified by the Journal say they didn't profit by making trades based on any information gathered in the halls of Congress. Even if they had done so, it would be legal, because insider-trading laws don't apply to Congress," the paper reported. "A few lawmakers proposed a bill that would prevent members and employees of Congress from trading securities based on nonpublic information they obtain. The legislation has languished since 2006."

OK, so who has been in leadership in the Congress since 2006?

OK, so who has been in leadership in the Congress since 2006?

nancy_pelosi.jpg

But they're all doing it. And everyone that gets caught should go to jail, just like Gordon Gecko

This is supposed to be news? Mark Twain was making observations about this bunch of miscreants over a century ago.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."
- Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar

..I never can think of Judas Iscariot without losing my temper. To my mind Judas Iscariot was nothing but a low, mean, premature, Congressman.
- "Foster's Case," New York Tribune, 10 March 1873

"Do you pray for the Senators, Dr. Hale?" someone asked the chaplain. "No, I look at the Senators and pray for the country.".

Edward Everett Hale

Damn Sarge looks like the southbound end of a northbound mule you posted there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.