• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Huge crash in Australian motor race.

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
Last edited:
That stings for sure. Fortunately, the sand did its job and slowed the car. And the car did its job and dissipated energy by coming apart, while maintaining the rigidity of the cockpit.

I'm really thankful for the safety innovations in all forms of motorsports. In years past, an accident like that might have been much worse.

Is that the series Marcos Ambrose used to run in, SA?

Yeah h_h, this is the series that Marcos competed in, and was overall Champion twice before heading to the US.

This is the premier race meeting for the year, one that is steeped in history. The track is regular tarmac roads normally, and at 6.1km in length, the longest track we have.

Yeah h_h, this is the series that Marcos competed in, and was overall Champion twice before heading to the US.

This is the premier race meeting for the year, one that is steeped in history. The track is regular tarmac roads normally, and at 6.1km in length, the longest track we have.

Nice. I wish we had some longer road courses here. A lot of NASCAR fans don't care for them, but I do, because you really get to see who the best true wheelmen are. Ovals are a lot more about seeing who has the best technology/team/strategy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just like seeing the best stock car drivers out there do their thing.

It is only a 161 lap race though, which covers about 1000km, or 600 miles.

Also, we are heading into an era similar to NASCAR by introducing the COT - Car Of Tomorrow. All this will be is a standardised chassis / roll cage / rolling stock, with sheetmetal to match the road going manufacturer. This should give the sport a major boost because at the moment, it is only Ford and Holden (GM), but the COT will allow Toyota, Mazda, Nissan and such to be a part of it.

It is only a 161 lap race though, which covers about 1000km, or 600 miles.

Also, we are heading into an era similar to NASCAR by introducing the COT - Car Of Tomorrow. All this will be is a standardised chassis / roll cage / rolling stock, with sheetmetal to match the road going manufacturer. This should give the sport a major boost because at the moment, it is only Ford and Holden (GM), but the COT will allow Toyota, Mazda, Nissan and such to be a part of it.

I would love to have Cup cars that resemble the street car. I like that idea a lot. NASCAR is getting a little closer in the Nationwide Series, using Mustangs, Chargers, and Impalas (soon to be Camaros.) They've tweaked the cars a little bit to make the silhouette a little more similar to the street car, but it's still largely the decals that are relied upon for brand/model recognition.

When you say "Ford" in that series, is it Ford proper, or FPV? I love the FPV Falcon. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll be having one shipped here (left-side drive, if I can get it) for sure! And if not, I'll just sit on the right! I'd have to make a heck of an adjustment, getting used to shifting with my left hand though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.