• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Camp Quotes 8/4: S Chris Horton

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Redskins Park - Ashburn, VA
8/4/09

www.redskins.com

Redskins Safety Chris Horton

On his transition from rookie to second year player:

“I just have to keep working. I think that what I do on the field, and the way I work speaks for itself. The more plays I make the better. I try to put myself in a situation to say, 'This guy is definitely a starter.’”

On the defense’s progress:

“I think we’re doing some things well, and we’re not doing some things well. It’s still early, and that’s why we meet every night and try to get better. We’re going to be really good on defense. We have the guys to do it, we just need to gel it all together.”

On Redskins defensive end, Jeremy Jarmon’s progress during training camp:

“I don’t know how he’s doing it, but I definitely see him upstairs when everyone else is on break, with his playbook open; so he’s studying. He’s doing some things well out there. I think the more he continues to work and continues to stay in his playbook; he’s going to be good for us.”

On Fred Davis:

“I’ve seen a lot of Fred. I played against him in college. He’s a good player. He’s got to continue to learn his playbook and I think we are going to be able to utilize him a lot on offense.”

On what a two-tight end offensive set does to a defense:

“It’s like everything else. You start game-planning for those guys and you know that you have two really good passing tight ends. Now it’s just figuring out who’s going to be the blocker in the run game.”

On what the defense can improve:

“In the run game, just making sure as a defense we are hitting the right gaps. In the passing game, just making sure we get into the right drops and everything. Just little things though; nothing major.”

On Albert Haynesworth:

“The guy is a monster. He’s going to get to the quarterback, he’s going to draw the double team, and he’s opening up one-on-ones for everyone else. He’s going to be really good for us. I just like the way he works.”

On the Redskins defense:

“This defense can be as good as we want it to be. The more time we put into it, the more time we study together, I think all that stuff will take care of itself. We’re going to come out and we’re going to continue to work and I think we’re going to be very good.

On how going against the Redskins offense will help the defense:

“It helps us a lot because our offense does a lot of shifting and moving guys around and it makes the whole defense have to think while guys are moving. On paper you see a guy just sitting and he never moves, but once he moves now you’ve got to do other things.”

On improvements on the offense:

“Our offense is working they’ve put in a lot of stuff everyday and they’re going to continue to work everyday. And I think our offense is going to be alright.”

On reacting instead of thinking while playing:

“I’m definitely not thinking a lot when I’m out there. I’ve slowed the game down and now it’s just making sure I’m always in the right spot, whereas last year, sometimes I would be in the right spot, sometimes I wouldn’t. So now the game has slowed down a lot for me.”

On hydrating properly during training camp:

“It’s easy. You drink a lot of water, you drink Gatorade, and you just drink all day no matter how many times you need to go to the bathroom. You just drink until you fall asleep. Another thing is I’m not working as hard whenever there are plays out there. Last year I was all over the place. I was running; I was just burning myself out. Now things are a lot slower so I’m moving at the speed where I can get there. I probably drink more than a gallon and a half of water, and I don’t know, 13 Gatorades. Because I cramp up a lot, I just drink all day.”

On Twitter:

“That Twitter stuff I just kind of let it be. If that’s what guys do, that’s what guys do. Just don’t get yourself in trouble by what you say on your Twitter.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.