• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Devin Thomas Shopped???

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Just saw on a preview for the 6:00 broadcast of SportsNet Central on the Comcast Sports Network, they inferred there could be some sort of plan to shop Devin Thomas.

Anybody hear anything? I have not been able to find anything anywhere.

El, I found this on http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Redskins-shopping-WR-Devin-Thomas.html

Team has been making calls to trade underachiever Brad Biggs
Print ThisSend ThisOCTOBER 04, 2010, 12:12 PM ESTADD A COMMENT
Observers in Washington have been waiting to see if the Redskins will find a way to trade defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth before the NFL’s deadline which is approaching on Oct. 19.

Whether anything is brewing for Haynesworth is not known, but the National Football Post has learned the Redskins are actively working to trade another underachiever. A league source said that the Redskins have been shopping seldom-used wide receiver Devin Thomas.

A second-round pick from Michigan State in 2008, Thomas has been relegated primarily to special teams duty through the team’s first four games. He can’t catch a break to get on the field on offense, and the Redskins have been looking around at what is out there, bringing in free agents Keenan Burton and Demetrius Williams for workouts just last week.

It’s not known what kind of price tag the Redskins have placed on Thomas, but Washington is the team placing calls when it comes to him, the source said.

Like the injured Malcolm Kelly, another second-round pick from the ’08 draft, Thomas has been a major disappointment. In his first two seasons, he caught 40 passes for 445 yards with three touchdowns. He started 10 games in 2009 and had 25 catches for 325 yards. Sources have said that Thomas’ work ethic is questionable and his hands are iffy.

As a senior for the Spartans, Thomas emerged out of nowhere to become a top prospect in 2007 when he had 79 receptions for 1,260 yards and eight touchdowns. Touted as a first-round prospect, teams had concerns. Thomas was a junior college transfer and the fear was he was a one-year wonder. Some questioned his football character and he dropped into the second round where the Redskins now wish they’d gone a different route.

It will be interesting to see if they can find a taker.

Paging Al Davis - paging Al Davis. Your senility is required at this time. Please respond in kind. Very kind.

Yeah, we just need to sell him as a deep threat compliment to Heyward-Bay.

That should do it.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Serv, that is the story they just quoted on CSN. CSN confirmed that the National Football Post ran a story that the NFL stated the Redskins are actively shopping Devin Thomas.

I cannot believe this crap gets passed off as sports journalism!

Edit: Worst part, I bought into it.

Serv, that is the story they just quoted on CSN. CSN confirmed that the National Football Post ran a story that the NFL stated the Redskins are actively shopping Devin Thomas.

I cannot believe this crap gets passed off as sports journalism!

Edit: Worst part, I bought into it.

It's like what Suze over at that other place says - we qualify as a league source based on the fact that the team owns the place in question. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.