• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

SI: 25 Things We Miss In Football

26. Frank Herzog - "Touchdown, Washington Redskins!"
27. Phyllis George - Didn't know a thing about football; no one cared.
28. Jayne Kennedy - Almost made me forget about Phyllis.
29. RFK Stadium - Undulating bleachers filled with fans chanting, "WE WANT DALLAS!"
30. Sean Taylor - RIP
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

31. Pat Summerall and John Madden of the 80's
32. CB's not being allowed to touch a WR after 5 yards.
33. The quick kick.
34. When there was no tuck rule.
35. The HOGs

36. Group Celebrations (or any celebrations for that matter)
37. MNF on ABC
38. The "You Make the Call" segments on MNF
39. Brent Musberger calling games "You're looking live......"
40. Dexter Manley sacking the QB.
40a. The Redskins being a team that was a yearly playoff contender that teams were afraid of playing.

41. NFL Today intro music, circa 1983 http://bit.ly/P3uOx
42. Monday nights, 7:30pm Ch 9, Redskin Sidelines, with the late, great Glenn Brenner cracking one-liners with Old #9, a special guest from the team and a live studio audience.
43. Grainy video of Riggo jumping rope and running gassers at training camp long after everyone else has left the field.
44. Never will get used to 'Indianapolis Colts' and 'Bmore Ravens' -- its the Baltimore Colts, damn the Irsays.
45. George Allen licking his thumbs in anticipation of yet another running play for a beat-up but tireless Larry Brown.

46. DC 20 used to Play Redskins' Saturday Night (or something like that) where George Starke and other Skins players showed up at a bar (I mean a real, oldschool smokey type of bar) and talk football.

yo i think i remember that show -- wasn't starke's cohost, pete wysocki? i think he later died of cancer. carried on that long tradition of legendary redskin special teamers.

yo i think i remember that show -- wasn't starke's cohost, pete wysocki? i think he later died of cancer. carried on that long tradition of legendary redskin special teamers.

Yep, I think you're right.
I loved the show b/c they got drunk while they were doing the show.......fun TV.

47. The old MNF theme music. "Da-duh-duh-da! Dada-da-dada...." Epic.

48. Howard Cosell. Yeah, I said Howard Cosell. The man was incredibly bombastic and knew next to nothing about football, but he always made those telecasts entertaining. He and Dandy Don had some awesome mini-spats in that booth. Roone Arledge was a marketing genius...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.