• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

shouldn't be surprised

fansince62

the patterns continue.

1) the defensive line can't tackle in space

2) there is no pass rush

3) pass coverage is average

4) stephon hyer is on a personal quest to lead the league in giving away points

5) bruce allen took this team a step backward by aging the team when it needed youth

*Sigh*

Can't wait for your half-time report when we're down by 21 at the half.

Skins are playing tough. Period.

Ummm, Al? Have you checked the score? I know we didn't look great on their drive right before the half, but I'm pretty happy right now.

And despite all of that they are winning on the road against a division rival. color them lucky?

We need a TD on the first drive after half and get some time of possession back in our favor. Best way to keep our defense from being exposed at this point is to just keep em off the field. Good first half overall, need to be consistent when the game resumes.

Wow kinda harsh....it wasn't a pretty win by any means but a road win against a divisional opponent for first place in the division I might add. I'll take it!!! Mcnabb wasn't sharp at all but hey they found a serviceable running game.
I was pretty pleased with the defense overall somethings were frustrating. I wasn't that happy with pass rush and Buchanon plays way too passive. Rogers can't catch a cold...Bidwell should be cut and I hope Trent Williams is ready to go next week.

Al is a bit of a muckraker my friends. It's what he does.

We love him for it. :)

There are a couple of telling plays there at the end that good teams make and not-so-good teams don't, and end up needing a little luck in order to win.

The first was McNabb not sliding and staying in bounds after his first down scramble. I expect more from a veteran QB who has been to five NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl.

The second was a play we've come to expect and that was the dropped INT by Carlos Rogers.

Definitely satisfied with the win but I'm getting really tired of winning by the skin of our teeth. My heart can't take it. ;) Just ONE blowout against a playoff caliber team would sure be nice.

Yeah........I'm GREEDY.

Actually the play that had me screaming at the TV was Heyer's false start on 2nd and 3, when a first down effectively ends the game.

But I'll take any win over the Eagles in Philly. Any time.

Heyer has me screaming quite often. Today was no exception.

Not surprised that Stone Hands dropped another interception.

Henry, a good team wouldn't even have Heyer in there at LT in the first place. ;)

Henry, a good team wouldn't even have Heyer in there at LT in the first place. ;)

Well, I'd rather be the team with it's backup LT in the game rather than the team with it's backup QB. :)

Any score in the second half seals the win, yet unbeknownst to everyone watching at home or at the game, Joe Gibbs slipped down to sidelines and started calling his offense in the second half.

Run run pass,punt.

Memo to Mike and Kyle: It is actually legal to pass on first down to mix things up on occasion.

Well, I go back to something I say quite often...

I'd rather win ugly (Cowburps, Eagles) than lose pretty (Texans).

Any score in the second half seals the win, yet unbeknownst to everyone watching at home or at the game, Joe Gibbs slipped down to sidelines and started calling his offense in the second half.

Run run pass,punt.

Memo to Mike and Kyle: It is actually legal to pass on first down to mix things up on occasion.

Not so! On the first play of the 2nd drive in the 4th quarter, they called a pass play that went incomplete. I was disappointed they passed it on 1st! They need to run the clock out!

Looks like all of our wins are gonna be butt ugly. But hey, 2-2 after one month? Who'da thunk?

I went back to take a look at the points the skins have scored in the 2nd half. The number of points? 6. the skins kicked a field goal in the 4th quarter of the Dallas game and another field goal in the 3rd quarter against the Rams. They did not score any points in the 2nd half against Texas and Eagles. How pathetic.

As for our opponents, Dallas scored 7; Texas scored 13; Rams scored 16 and the Eagles scored 6. The skins have been outscored in the second half by 42 - 6. Our next opponents are Packers, Colts and the Bears. The almost lack of scoring in the 2nd half will not surfice against our next opponents. How do you spell "trouble"

It's hard not to be happy right now, our two wins are the most important kind, against a division rival.

Some random thoughts:

We've got a keeper in Anthony Armstrong. I would love to go with a youth movement, and keep this kid on the field all the time. No knock on Galloway, but it's this guys time, and it look like he can be a big contributor.

Stephon has killed us two weeks in a row. Why in hell we insist on playing him at LT, when he's faired better at right ? Thank God Williams should be back next week.

Torain is gonna have a big season barring injury. Portis just isn't dureable any more. So happy to have him right about now.

Haynesworth is useless. Not much more I can say:kick_can:

We're 2 & 0 in our devision, and I will just enjoy it while I can. I don't care what our problems are, nothing is gonna stop me from savoring this all week.:cool4:

The McNabb not staying in bounds was frustrating. The Heyer false start (and multiple holdings) were infuriating...as usual.

Otherwise, while the win wasn't pretty and it wasn't McNabb's greatest game, I will always take, and be happy about a W on the road against a divisional rival.

Winning, while learning new offensive and defensive schemes, against division rivals, is a good thing.

Every day of the week, and twice on Sunday's.

That said, McNabb going out of bounds, stopping the clock, was as stupid of a play as I've ever seen from a veteran QB.
What the **** were you thinking?

Carlos............Dude!

Coach Haslet, B-L-I-T-Z, spells blitz.
Learn it, love it, live it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.