• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

shouldn't be surprised

A week ago I didn't gie us a chance in hell to beat the iggles either, but it happened.

In a way, this has kinda sorta resembled the 82 season so far. Butt ugly wins.
But hey,whatever.
Quoted for emphasis.

It's easy to forget in the glow of history how even championship seasons play out. Each of the four Super Bowl teams had regular season wins that message board fans, had they existed then, would have torn to shreds and seen as portents of doom.

Winning in the the NFL is hard. Even for the best teams. Anyone watched New Orleans struggle so far this year? Particularly early in seasons. We won't know what the 2010 Redskins are really all about until the second half of the season. That's when the wheat separates from the chaffe.

I can say that because I once drove past a farm.

Be interesting to see how many RB's make the active roster Sunday.

Gotta figure Torain gets the bulk of carries. And if he hasn't been reactivated already, K. Williams is the logical answer at #2. But Shanahan may want to throw one of the new(er) guys out there based on what he's seen in practice too ... Chad Simpson being more likely than Javarrris James, who is still trying to find his locker.

Also don't be surprised to see Brandon Banks get a couple looks. Can't see them lining him up in the I and sending him off tackle (cringe), but having seen them pitchout to him in the red zone against Philly last week (was anyone else WTF'ing like I was?), I'd be shocked if they didn't try to get the ball in his hands out of the backfield a couple of times just to see what happens.

Has anyone mentioned this is a transition year. ;)

Quoted for emphasis.

It's easy to forget in the glow of history how even championship seasons play out. Each of the four Super Bowl teams had regular season wins that message board fans, had they existed then, would have torn to shreds and seen as portents of doom.

Winning in the the NFL is hard. Even for the best teams. Anyone watched New Orleans struggle so far this year? Particularly early in seasons. We won't know what the 2010 Redskins are really all about until the second half of the season. That's when the wheat separates from the chaffe.

Om, the Packers have sustained a cluster of injuries in a short span of time-especially on defense.

The result? That Packer fan forum I visit has, by my estimate of the general consensus, all but conceded not only Sunday's game against the Redskins but any and all hopes of getting into the playoffs as lost causes.

Of such mettle are NFL football fans. :anxious:

APB, I remember reading somewhere, and I can't remember where, that fans are unhappy with the play calling, particularly on offense. Heck, you may have said it and I just don't remember.

Either way, could you either elaborate on that if true, or point me to a place in which you have already elaborated?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Fans get frustrated with McCarthey because he seems to get conservative way too early in games if he has the lead. Instead of going for the jugular, he'll let teams stick around and potentially steal a win. I don't know if it's true or not, but from my vantage point I'd tend to agree.

Whether it's play calling or execution on the field, the Packers don't seem to have that killer instinct to put an opponent away...yet.

Om, the Packers have sustained a cluster of injuries in a short span of time-especially on defense.

The result? That Packer fan forum I visit has, by my estimate of the general consensus, all but conceded not only Sunday's game against the Redskins but any and all hopes of getting into the playoffs as lost causes.

Of such mettle are NFL football fans. :anxious:

Hey now, don't let the irrational rantings of a few (but loud) hapless fans cloud your perception of the Green Bay faithful!

After all, with Lynch slipping away from our grasp, Moss rejoining not just the division but the hated Queens, and GM Thompson seemingly oblivious to it all it seems to have chapped the collective arse of the entire fan base. Nothing that a victory this weekend couldn't cure...:cool4:

No doubt.

What thinkest thou would result from defeat, pray tell? :cool:

Quoted for emphasis.

pls. that 92 season was as sublimely close to perfection as the Skins will EVER get.

It was a beautiful season, Al. Arguably as sweet as any NFL team has every played.

And yet ...

In week two they squeaked by Dallas 33-31.

In week four they needed a defensive stand on the last series to survive Cincinnati 34-27.

In week eight they were getting their asses handed to them until a 4th quarter rally beat the Giants 17-13.

In week nine Houston took them to overtime at RFK before losing 16-13.

In week 13 they lost at home to the goddamn Cowboys.

In week 15 they trailed the hapless Cards 14-0 at the half before rallying for a shaky 20-14 win.

In the final week they lost to the Eagles (though resting half their team).

Perhaps in retrospect, "perfection" is a relative term. I can recall being a little perturbed once or twice that year. I suspect you can too. :cool:

pls. that 92 season was as sublimely close to perfection as the Skins will EVER get.

Pretty sure you meant the 91 season, since that was the year we went 14-2 and dominated the Bills in the superbowl. The 1992 season was the first of 3 Cowboys Superbowls in 4 years - far from perfection for the B&G. :vomit:

Pretty sure you meant the 91 season, since that was the year we went 14-2 and dominated the Bills in the superbowl. The 1992 season was the first of 3 Cowboys Superbowls in 4 years - far from perfection for the B&G. :vomit:

you know...I thought abt that when I made the post but was too lazy to make the change.

You know what I meant!

But yea.....91...:claps:

No doubt.

What thinkest thou would result from defeat, pray tell? :cool:

binge-drinking-703555265.jpg

That about sums it up.

I remember wanting to get that perfect season, and we could have too. But I agreed with resting folks for the playoffs. Seems Gibbs throttled back after we got to 12-0 and secured homefield

I remember wanting to get that perfect season, and we could have too. But I agreed with resting folks for the playoffs. Seems Gibbs throttled back after we got to 12-0 and secured homefield

I remember sitting on the edge of my seat that whole Oilers game.

That game was horrible.................

Until Darrell Green made that pick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.