• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins.com Podcast: Albert Haynesworth: 8-3

BGO

Redskins Defensive Tackle Albert Haynesworth talks to the media about his injury after practice Monday

More...

Sounds like he's your typical 28 year old NFL banger who's got a 38 year old knee. That, and it's been a pretty uneventful training camp with no holdouts, no drama, and so far no major stories.

I take what he says at face value - that this is no big deal, just a little tune up. Hey, anytime an NFL player can talk about their knees and laugh, that's got to be a good sign :)

The gel they injected him with is the same gel used for osteoarthritis patients before they get to the point where they need an actual knee replacement. The effects only last 3-6 months, a year at most, so he sounds like he's being forthcoming that this is just a 'tune up'. I wasn't sure what they'd injected him with until I saw it referenced. It's actually made from rooster combs (no lie).

I hear the experience is nothing to crow about though. :)

In case you're really, really interested...

Last edited:
Most players got issues with knees....some worst than others. If you can suit and still get there I wouldn't be too concerned. If he does nothing on the field for more than a few days I would begin to start thinking of the possibilities of further absences down the road.

TC is where you want to be the most cautious...no need risking a problem when its just practice....where talking about practice! LOL

I believe if it was during the season he would be a full go!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.