• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

new pool: when will hyer be cut?

fansince62

this guy is a loser. yes..I know...depth. he hasn't been able to pass protect since he got into the league.

- this season?

- or the off-season?

Not soon enough!

Yes, Heyer sucks. However I blame Shanny for this one. I've had the nagging feeling all week that we should move Brown to LT and put Heyer (plus help) at RT. He's barely a backup RT, but at LT he's a disaster waiting to happen. I understand why Shanny didn't do it, but I think he gambled on being able to beat the 0-2 Lambs and came up snake eyes.

Because of our lack of depth on the OL, I suspect Heyer might make it to the roster next season, but I sure as heck wouldn't bet on it.

Unfortunately, Heyer is as talented as 50% of the roster.

Unfortunately, Heyer is as talented as 50% of the roster.

I disagree! He is the worst player at his position than anyone else on this team! He should have been cut in favor of a young Capers who has learning potential. Heyer is as good as he will ever get!

If Heyer doesn't get cut in the offseason I'm going to cry.

If Heyer doesn't get cut in the offseason I'm going to cry.

Hi Katie - good to see you over here. And don't cry. Women crying around grown men makes us do things that we regret - like buying expensive things.

On Heyer...

He does better when called upon during a game, not as a starter. We need to look around at various practice squads and see if there is a better option.

Hi Katie - good to see you over here. And don't cry. Women crying around grown men makes us do things that we regret - like buying expensive things.

On Heyer...

He does better when called upon during a game, not as a starter. We need to look around at various practice squads and see if there is a better option.

I saw nothing in pre-season that suggests Capers is not as good as Heyer. Plus, Capers has an upside, he could get better.

Heyer playing LT is a HUGE liability. He's better at RT, which isn't saying much. Capers is still a little too raw to start but I'm more disappointed we didn't just switch Brown to LT and plug in Heyer at RT.

My prediction: He lasts the season but won't be around next year.

Last edited:
Heyer is gone as soon as we can find a replacement. My guess is he is out of football after this season.

Heyer has regressed for whatever reason. When we first signed him, I really thought we had found a diamond in the rough, and he played pretty well early on. These days he looks lost, slow, and clumsy. I don't get it.

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone better, or they would be playing.

I agree with HH. The first season, I thought we found something. I was pretty excited about him. He has gone downhill ever since.

I believe he will be gone in the offseason along with Rabach.

Heyer has regressed for whatever reason.

This could be one of those cases where, after teams get enough film on a player, they find weaknesses that they can exploit to their advantage. Maybe he's tipping off the snapcount, or he's susceptible to being beaten by certain techniques?

It's not very often that you see a guy look so promising at first, and then drop like a rock (though Chris Horton comes to mind).

I never got the fascination over Chris Horton. The guy had a couple of games where he got a couple of picks while being in the right place at the right time. I don't think he fell off, I don't think he was ever there to begin with.

Heyer ain't the ****ing problem boys and girls.

If he should be cut because of his play, then so should the defense.

The whole defense.

I blame the coaches for this one. He had little to no help on his side. They benched Portis for some reason and Heyer should have been at RT with Brown moving over to LT.

That said, I hope Capers is ready for 2011

Unfortunately, there's only so much that can be done in one season to right the turd vinny left behind. We have soooo many holes it's not funny. The sad part is that by the time we get a team around McNabb, he'll probably be ready to retire

If he lives that long

Oh, and if McNabb has to keep running for his life, I doubt he'll sign an extention either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.