• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

same old patterns

fansince62

sorry folks...want to be positive at the half....but not much

This defense is horrible. I expected a fall, but from top five to last five?...every good running team will beat the Skins this season
- they can't tackle in open space
- they can't defend the run
- there isn't much pass rush from the down linemen
- the DC gets out coached too often
- pass defenders like rogers are average
- golston is a liability as a starter
- kareem more? no improvement over reid. we'll be drafting safety again

The offense has potential...if it could get the *amn running game going (too sporadic and no RBs with real burst). Moss ought to be Y receiver..not the X receiver. Third game in a row they aren't using DT. What's the point? At least the Skins have introduced something new this week - more knucklehead penalties.

Same patterns every week.

i agree to a point. But it's not fair to compare. We have two entirely new coaching staffs, and a host of new players. It's going to take some time to work out the kinks.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating. But we've seen more excitement on offense already than all of last season. I think you're being a little harsh on Moore. He's had a couple of big plays today. And Doughty had one of his own

With all that has occurred so far, I'd say we're not in bad position at half. We well could be down a bunch more. Has the game been ugly, absolutely. Have we remained resilient, absolutely. PD's block shows they aren't giving up.

Playing horribly and down by just one point at the half is encouraging if you think about it. The second half will be different and we'll be fine.

With the 3rd quarter coming to an end, I am inclined to agree with fs62. This game shows how much has stayed the same. If we were indeed getting better, we would be beating a sub par football team.

With the 3rd quarter coming to an end, I am inclined to agree with fs62. This game shows how much has stayed the same. If we were indeed getting better, we would be beating a sub par football team.

El, I guess that means we will go 2-2 the next four games?

:)

El, I guess that means we will go 2-2 the next four games?

:)

If we go into Philly and play like this Vick is going to shred us! To think we can hang with Green Bay right now is absurd. Peyton Manning will destroy this poor excuse for a defensive scheme. That's the next three games and as it looks, I don't see us beating any of those teams.

Last edited:
lack of defense is the story of this game. this is a really, really, really, really bad defense.

poor donovan....

Back again....I smell a win however...an ugly win!!! the different pattern this year vs last few seasons is Mcnabb. At this moment the Skins are down by 8 with 11 mins to go.

I hear ya, but some ole, same ole for the Skins means playing up and down to the competition. We won't play this poorly against the next four teams, watch.

I'm not condoning this, I find it abhorrent. Just predicting, that's all.

This game has come down to two things, penalties and defense and its been ugly this 2nd half.

Ehhh, Deangelo? If you're gonna talk ****, you can't fall down on a route.

Deangelo with another horrible play. Gave up the crucial 3rd down. Needs to stop running his mouth.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Jim Haslett needs to be run out of town.

All this horse hockey about new system,new coach, a few different players is more excuses.

Gregg Williams did more with less his first year here.

The Rams have lost 27 out of 28 heading into today's game. Haslett didn't even try bringing pressure until Bradford was already in rythmn.

Ron Lynn Jr was flat out coached today.

EDIT

Also:

Someone needs to seriously question the thinking here.

You have two ends who made the Pro Bowl with double digit sack seasons and your idea to help them out is to stand them up and put them into coverage??

Seriously, somebody buy Ol Hazlett a Greyhound ticket to where ever he wants to go, just get him away from Redskins Park.

Jim Haslett needs to be run out of town.

All this horse hockey about new system,new coach, a few different players is more excuses.

No. It's not.

I'm as disgusted as anyone, not because of *where we are* as a football team, but because we should have beaten the Texans, and could have beaten the Rams.

But a lot of it has to do with imposing two entirely new schemes on existing players and bringing in a lot of brand new ones. I know that's not satisfying, but it's a reality.

Way I see it.

Well, reality has set in. We should all realize what we have now. We just aren't that good. We are better than last year, but we are still not good.

Edit: We have turned a perrenial top ten defense into the worst defense in the NFL!

Last edited:
so...we better find ways to stock draft picks....and find people who know talent. no 3rd and no 4th next yr. we're stuck in a vicious "shoot self in foot" cycle here.

Well, reality has set in. We should all realize what we have now. We just aren't that good. We are better than last year, but we are still not good.

Edit: We have turned a perpetual top ten defense into the worst defense in the NFL!

Take a look at the upcoming schedule over the next few weeks - we have some games where it could get very ugly. If it goes accordingly, the coaches need to look at this team as a rebuilding project. We have the QB and a few young stars. All along, I've thought that we are an 8-8 team this season - even after Dallas.

Over the next two or three years, we need new bodies at RB, C, RG, LG, FB, WR, DL, LB, CB, and FS. That's a lot, but it can be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.