• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

same old patterns

This part was interesting:

It's not a debate that will go away immediately, but for now Fletcher is emphasizing a focus on the basics. "We need better preparation, better focus, better attention to detail, and execution of the gameplan and the calls that are made."

Sounds like a quote that could have come from last year.

I was thinking the same thing. Fletch will always be a team guy first so he's not going to throw anyone under the bus. I take this with a grain of salt. It's Haslett's job to put these guys in a position to succeed.

Clearly, I've been disappointed in the last two losses.....but for some strange reason I'm not all "gloom and doom" today. We are not just a missed field goal or a fumble away from 2 wins or 2 losses.....we are a multitude of missed opportunities away from being 3-0. In nearly all three games I've seen us knock on the door and not go thru. Stalled red zone drives have resulted in either miscues or field goals. Touchdowns in some of these situations change the whole complexion of the games. A couple successes in the red zone yesterday means that instead of the Rams playing a conservative offense, controlling the clock by running and short passes, they're forced to play catch-up, which could mean more opportunities for our more opportunistic defense. A touchdown or two against Dallas and/or Houston and the games have different outcomes....maybe not even having to rely on a hold to win our opener.

Our defense, while last in the league and on the surface of things appearing to be a mess.....is MUCH more opportunistic than ever. Our turnover ratio has to be well into the positive rather than the negative (although I don't know the numbers). I suspect that the 3-4 will come together more in time. I do feel that Andre Carter is being mis-used......but other than that have a hunch that things will sort out.

On offense, we are a decidedly better team with Trent Williams in the game. I think next years' draft will undoubtedly be addressing the line again. There are some decent backups starting for us this year. We need to improve on that. Still, it's not entirely hopeless. Our run game will improve with time and familiarity with the zone scheme. Portis needs to stay in the game. I'm very anxious to hear why he was out in the 4th when we needed his pass blocking more than ever. McNabb needs to look for more receivers beyond the regular 3 guys. And, for their part, those guys need to make themselves more find-able. Not sure why Thomas isn't in from time to time.

Special teams.....well.......I hope that Hunter the punter is re-signed and that the Bidwell experiment is over. LOVE (with capital letters) Gano. I find I have more confidence than ever about the kicker this year. It seems like Thomas is a step away from breaking it on nearly every kick-off return and our punt return team (Buchanon) is solid. Nothing special there, but at least he doesn't run backwards....which is a welcome change.

That's my two cents........hoping we wake up in Philly. Everywhere I read this morning people are literally freaking out. I say, let's not get too crazy yet.....I think we're still a work in progress and there are simply gonna be days like this.

Momma said.

That would have been looking in the crystal ball. Who would have thought we'd lose to the Rams?

I think Shanny would have been happy to have gotten us to "didn't suck" this year. He knew we needed a QB for that. And no coach is going to go out there and say "we expect to suck balls this year as we re-build". Not good for the bottom line nor team moral

But it's clear we have a project on our hands

Teams rebuild that way all the time. I think we fans here in Washington have been conditioned to think that blowing up a team and starting from scratch is a bad thing. It's way past time we got over that.

And if we really gave up a second and third rounder so that we would only kinda suck I've got a big problem with that. Not only does is hamper our ability to build for the future, but based on current events, it's not working.

Alexander is decent in coverage, which is amazing for someone as big as he is. We do have too many round pegs in square holes.

I'm curious why Dockery was demoted.

We will see what this team is made of in next 4-5 weeks. If things get rough I will be curious to see who vents to media and what is being said.

It's really frustrating, but I'm hopeful. McNabb makes a lot of plays that Campbell would never get close to. Still, he's the same old McNabb we all know....he simply misses on some throws......offset by the ones he nails. He hits just enough to keep you interested. He had a lot of pressure in the 4th to deal with, still, I think a few more bootleg throws would have helped. Get him out of the pocket for time and he'll kill ya (them).

Our defense can't seem to get off the field.....that's what's killing us. Time of possession was horrific. Still, I feel like that's something that's probably due to growing pains within the 3-4.

Patience........

At least we're competitive.

The coaches say they are a "work in progress". It makes it hard to see ahead when they will no longer be a work in progress. It the coashes say there are a work in progress, then how am I suppose to have a cheerful outlook? The game against the Eagles represents 4 of 16 games played. Folks that is 1/4 of the season. And we are still a work in progress? Most of the "experts" had the tems going 6-10 or a little better. But frankly, after watching the performance against the Texans and the Rams, those were probably 2 of those 6 wins. I just don't know whether we will be better than the 4-12 team of last year. Is this premature? I don't know, but I haven't seen anything good except T. Williams who I think will be a pro-bowler some day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.