• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Synaptic Shotgun 9.26.10 - Rams Game Day

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Sorry—long week.

No way I let a gameday go without posting though.

Boiled it down to just a couple of things.

EXPECTATIONS

You know it's true. Today's game against the 0-2 St. Louis Rams and wet-behind-the-ears rookie quarterback Sam Bradford feels like a "must" win. Why? Because for the past nine months Redskins fans have slowly, inexorably built up hope and expectation that the Allen, Shanahan, McNabb Redskins are not just any other 4-12 team launching a new regime.

Against our better judgment, in the privacy of our hearts and minds many of us believe this team is at least a wild card hopeful; a team that could well find its stride down the stretch in time to qualify for the playoffs.

And everyone knows what can happen then. You get in, you get hot...

But all that knock-on-wood thinking ends today if the Redskins lay an egg and lose to the Rams. No disrespect to the good people of St. Louis, but losing to your team today would send Redskins fans hearts plunging into acidic stomachs and minds to places so dark M. Night Shyamalan might come calling.

It's not about the St. Louis Rams today. It's about find out whether or not the 2010 Redskins are legit.

CLOSING IT OUT

Through the first two weeks, I have been impressed with the Redskins game-planning and playcalling. The Shanahans and Jim Haslett have shown me preparation, professionalism and even cutting edge.

Where I'm a little nervous is what happens late in games...

CLICK HERE to read more

You're all over it as usual, brother. And I'm really glad I read the M. Night Shyamalan line between sips of coffee. I don't know why our collective pain over games like that is funny, but pointing it out that way was.

Good teams beat up on the Rams. Mediocre teams struggle with them. Bad teams lose to them. It really is that simple. For the record, I think we're in that first group.

Yep. We should win this game. If we don't we're not as far along as we've looked to this point. Simple as that.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yep. We should win this game. If we don't we're not as far along as we've looked to this point. Simple as that.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yup, it's as simple as that. That and the fact that Haslett is taken a good (not great) defense and made it a bad defense.

Yup, it's as simple as that. That and the fact that Haslett is taken a good (not great) defense and made it a bad defense.
Not just bad, my friend. Worst in the NFL.

By a good margin.

Edit - BTW, people need to stop blaming Haslett. This was Shanny's idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.