• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Matt Terl's Redskins Blog: Ryan Torain Signed, Brandon Banks Released

BGO

ap100813119136.jpg

Well, a move that was rumored yesterday has been made official: the Redskins waived Brandon Banks and signed Ryan Torain from the practice squad. This addresses the seeming lack of running back depth on the heels of the release of Larry Johnson, as Torain had a successful preseason with the Redskins, and, in fact, more than a few people were surprised he wasn't on the opening day roster.

It remains to be seen how much action Torain will get against the Rams tomorrow, but it makes me, for one, feel more comfortable in case of some kind of injury to one of the running backs in the game.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if the team is hoping to find a way to keep Banks around if it's possible, so the Brandon Banks Fan Club shouldn't give up hope just yet.Ryan Torain Signed, Brandon Banks Released originally appeared on Redskins Blog on Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:10:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

More...

I agree - they'll find a way to keep tabs on Banks...kids got *potential*. I think most fans were pretty surprised when Torain didn't make the team. Can't criticize this move. LJ was going nowhere fast and Torain looked solid in pre-season.

I'm still a little confused by the Chad Simpson plan, but I guess we will see what happens. It would be nice to hang onto Banks if we can, but not sure who we will cut to make that happen?

The Chad Simpson deal has me wondering too. They bring up Torain, which means they must release Banks since they signed Simpson? Why not just bring in Torain? Wouldn't Simpson be sitting there to be had next week if Torain didn't work out. It's not like Simpson will do anything this week. Will he even activated?

Good question, El. I'm scratching my head a little on the Simpson signing too, but I've seen enough from this staff already to trust them.

Torain's got pop; and the explosiveness that could just get us going if he gets some chances. I don't want to lose Banks though, so I hope we find a way to retain him. You cannot place enough value on speed in the NFL. Holding onto the ball (except for our beloved #22...lol) can be taught. Wheels like that can't.

Did Banks get signed back onto the 53 man squad yet? I know it was rumored he'd be right back on it.

According to redskins.com, Banks is not part of either the current 53 man roster or the Skins PS.

I can't find anything about him being picked up by another team at this point either so I believe he is still out there, floating free.

I don't understand. Chad Simpson was not used on Sunday...so why not just promote Torain and not use Brandon Banks instead? If the team is so high on him, you'd think they would NOT cut him. Just common sense, IMO.

According to Redskins.com, Banks was re-signed to the practice squad. His duties this week were to mimic Michael Vick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.