• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Devin Thomas Seems to Be Close to Z Role

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

promised myself I would not write about Devin Thomas today because we've written a ton about him already and we aren't even a week into training camp.

But while speaking to people I trust in the organization last night, three separate sources praised Thomas for his improved approach. They told me he has been attentive in his position group meetings, works hard in drills and knows the playbook, three things that could not be said about him as a rookie last season.

Barring injury or regression, they said, expect Thomas to be the starting Z receiver, or flanker, opposite top wideout Santana Moss, the X receiver, or split end. They said it is clear that's the direction the coaching staff would prefer to go, which would enable the Skins to move last year's No. 2 receiver, Antwaan Randle El, to a full-time slot receiver role.

CLICK LINK FOR REST OF ARTICLE

Thomas and Malcolm Kelly are the key (well, besides the OLine) to the Redskins success. We saw last season that relying on essentially just Santana Moss does not work. The Redskins offense desperately needs a secondary threat at receiver. In addition t either of these two, I think Fred Davis stepping up can add a new dimension as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.