• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 5 O'Clock Club NASCAR Challenge – Dover

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
The 5 O'Clock Club NASCAR Challenge – Dover

1. Each race, you will pick one driver. After the race, you will get the same points as that driver. If he/she wins, then you get a fifty (50) point bonus.

2. During the week, if your selection is penalized and has points taken away, you will have the same deduction too.

3. You can't pick the same driver the following week. You must pick a different driver. For example, if you choose Scott Speed, you can't pick him for the next race. However, you can choose to pick him for the third race.

4. Your choice for that week must be in before the green flag waves. Results will be posted early in the week and the game will be posted close to the same time. You can change/edit your choice as long as it is in before the race begins.

5. If you miss a race, then you will get no points for that week. If you are going to be away from the computer, be sure to call me and leave a message with your choice. PM me for the number. The only reason to call me is if you will be away from the computer. I do not accept PMs for your choice – you must post in the thread for that week.

6. The only races that count are points races.

7. A new thread for each race will be used and I will post the rules and regulations each week.

8. Two or more people can pick the same driver for that week, but you can’t have the same choice for the next week.

9. You can use your ES name or have a name for your team such as BB Motorsports (mine).

The entry should look like this example:

My name/Team name – Scott Speed

10. Have fun. Good luck. Comments and good natured taunting is allowed. Keep it clean. May the best prognosticator win.

Do not edit your pick after the race begins. For example: Don’t edit it to say “I wish he didn’t crash” or “Glad he won”. I have no idea if you changed your pick, so no editing after the race begins. Just add your race comments in another post.

Please remember to post your choices in the correct format (as stated above). Please, no comments until after the race has begun. It helps with Access (database) and Excel (spreadsheet) - it saves me an extra hour or so of work. Thanks.

Last edited:
I will wait a day or so before posting the results from New Hampshire. NASCAR found problems with Clint Bowyer's car and imposed a major points penalty - loss of 150 points. That affected the scores of SCR and BB Motorsports - they will get the 245 for the win and 150 will be subtracted from that total.

BB Motorsports - Kyle Busch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.