• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Immediate Notes

I hate the current icing practice. Ironically the first coach I ever saw pull it was Shanahan when he was with the Broncos.

I'm not sure what the league could do to fix it though. You have to be able to call a timeout at the last second. What if you see a fake and you want to change personnel or something?

Lanky, I think your analysis was spot on, but I think there was one crucial play I mentioned in another thread that I feel was the real game changer. It led to the field goal attempt and subsequent block.

Just as Portis was peeling off a couple of good runs with time running off the clock late in the game (Staying in bounds I might add) we were faced with 3rd and one. Just like the previous week against the Cowgirls, we had momentum going our way only to have a false start penalty push us back and force us to put the ball in the air instead of a probable first down by run.

Our line had finally started pushing their defensive line off the ball and we were running it well. Jamal Brown got anxious and jumped into the defense before the snap. The look McNabb gave Brown as soon as he turned around said it all. It killed that drive. We could have burned more time off the clock and perhaps gotten into the end zone.

Boone mentioned it as soon as it happed over at TBD just as I was writing the same thought. I think this was the single most critical lapse in this game by the Redskins. All your points are as you suggest, crucial, but I feel this false start was the ultimate game changing mistake committed by the Skins yesterday.

Overall, I am still pleased to see a Redskins QB throw for over 400 yards! It is good to see forced turnovers. It was nice to see Landry getting some good hits, but also wrapping up the player to seal the tackle. It was awesome to see so many different receivers with long gains, says something about the scheme. The 'Big Play' is back in DC and with the loss, I am left believing we have not even scratched the surface of our potential with a rag tag group thrown together in one off-season. Next week's game should be a blowout! If we do go out and beat the Rams up pretty good like we should, I think a Wild Card berth is not out of reason.

I hate the current icing practice. Ironically the first coach I ever saw pull it was Shanahan when he was with the Broncos.

I'm not sure what the league could do to fix it though. You have to be able to call a timeout at the last second. What if you see a fake and you want to change personnel or something?

Taking time outs away from the coaches would do it. Or only allowing them to call a time out in the first 10 seconds of play clock or something (possibly too complicated to regulate).

Taking time outs away from the coaches would do it. Or only allowing them to call a time out in the first 10 seconds of play clock or something (possibly too complicated to regulate).

well...don't forget that in consecutive games we have taken advantage of timeouts to get "injured" players immediately back onto the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.