• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bengal cats

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
I'm thinking of getting one and they are a bit pricey, but worth the money imho. Does anyone here have any kind of experience with these cats?

I would like to second Hog's what now? Is this some sort of Tiger thing?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

There's a winery about a mile from my house and the owner has one. Damn thing comes up to you bold, like a dog. Given his size and strength, guess I shouldnt be surprised. They are beautiful cats. Don't know much about them, but pretty cool companion if you ask me.

bengal-cat-looking-left.jpg

OK, that's a bad azz lookin cat. I think I want one too. For a second there, I thought BB was goin all Michael Jackson on us.

They are bigger than average and the new generation of this cat is close to being the 4th generation overall. The kittens that were born during the last few months and others through the end of this year are 3rd generation with some being 4th. I would like to have a 3rd, so the decision will need to be made in the next month or two.

They are very trainable, friendly, domesticated, act a bit like a dog and cat both, and make a great companion. They come in different colors and classifications. Boone posted one and that is what I would prefer in the way of color and appearance.

Might consider getting one that is around a year or two in age as well.

Last edited:
Eh - you post something different and unique, then everyone wants the same thing. If anyone chooses the cat I want, you will pay dearly!!! About the only place to get them is on the internet.

A Hog wanting a Bengal cat. Now there is a sight that you would never see, especially in Cumberland.

I've been wanting a cat for a while now. Had an oriental blue short hair growing up. He made it 15 yrs. before an unfortuate ride in the dryer. Been thinking about another one of those, but that Bengal is one good looking feline. hmm. We have a breeder in town. Might have to check them out. Any idea what a normal price for a kitten is?

500-1200 from a local breeder. Have a litter that will be ready in Oct.

I've been wanting a cat for a while now. Had an oriental blue short hair growing up. He made it 15 yrs. before an unfortuate ride in the dryer. Been thinking about another one of those, but that Bengal is one good looking feline. hmm. We have a breeder in town. Might have to check them out. Any idea what a normal price for a kitten is?
500-1200 from a local breeder. Have a litter that will be ready in Oct.

I see that you have found a price and a local breeder. Well done. :)

I figure that it will cost me anywhere from 700 to 1200 for what I want - 700 if I'm lucky and higher if it takes some time to find the right kitten.

Good luck if you decide to go this route.

The newest member of my family has arrived. He's quite a ham and will look a lot like the cat that is pictured above. It will take a few months to shed the baby hair and get that silky smooth fur that you see in the earlier pic.

392101328.jpg

392101323.jpg

392101324.jpg

392101325.jpg

392101327.jpg

Beautiful! One large kitten though :) That's going to be one gorgeous cat, love the color pattern...

Beautiful! One large kitten though :) That's going to be one gorgeous cat, love the color pattern...

He could end up somewhere at about eighteen pounds. His first trip this afternoon was perfect - slept for the entire ride home (about one hour). Played a lot in his new surroundings and had a good supper. He's been zonked the last two hours.

The color pattern is really good indeed - can't wait until this baby fur is shed and the newer coat of fur takes hold.

Beautiful addition to the family there, brother. Glad you found what you were looking for! :cheers:

I've never really been a cat guy, but I gotta say ... I can almost see becoming one for a mini-tiger that thinks it's a dog.

What I really want is a liger, though. It's pretty much my favorite animal.

liger.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful addition to the family there, brother. Glad you found what you were looking for! :cheers:

Got fortunate enough to find one that is a good companion and a handful too. He's still missing his mother, brothers/sisters, and family, but that will change with time. So far, so good.

I've never really been a cat guy, but I gotta say ... I can almost see becoming one for a mini-tiger that thinks it's a dog.

What I really want is a liger, though. It's pretty much my favorite animal.

That liger is huge - I'll pass on that kind of cat. :)

I'll be fine. I killed like 50 wolverines with a 12-gauge.

Such a cool cat. With 3 kids, I'm not sure I'm willing to risk an $800 cat escaping. Wouldn't be hard with the way doors get left open around here. Plus, the top of my TV would be inviting, which would surey result in a shreddd screen. Still going to go take a look at the local breeder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.