• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Media Edict - this should be fun

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
You guys getting a load of this?

ESPN 980 local sports radio's talking about a one-page "media edict" the team has handed reporters out there. Loverro's head is exploding and his voice is sliding right up off the audio register. :cool:

Don't have the paper (yet), but to hear tell it bascially says

- no more "reporting rumors"
- includes a definition of what a rumor is (I kid you not)
- no more reporter "tweeting" from practice

Listen now to the show. They've moved on momentarily but will come back to this "story" in a minute. Count on it.

This one is going to be a lot of fun.

Does the edict say "or you'll lose you media credentials at Redskins Park"? This definitely takes me back to the days of George Allen but I kinda like it. No more instant lazy reporting.

I just caught the tail end but they were accusing Shanahan of only wanting news coming out of Redskins Park via Mike's buddy, Adam Scheffter. Really sounds like sour grapes.

Trying to score a copy of the paper...until we do all we're going to get is the outraged media's spin on it. Which basically is going to be that Shanahan's lost his mind and thank god we have intrepid reporters out there scrambling to uncover The Truth of it for us, motivated solely by their calling to protect the public good through uncovering greed, incompetence and corruption wheresoever they might find it.

Trying to score a copy of the paper...until we do all we're going to get is the outraged media's spin on it. Which basically is going to be that Shanahan's lost his mind and thank god we have intrepid reporters out there scrambling to uncover The Truth of it for us, motivated solely by their calling to protect the public good through uncovering greed, incompetence and corruption wheresoever they might find it.

Om, you're starting to make me feel insecure about my self-image as a professional sarcastic smart-a**. :anonymous:

Anyway, I was wondering when the press was going to get disgusted with Shanahan's refusal to co-operate with their "right-to-know-and-publicize". The podcasted press conferences have started sounding like a comedy routine. :laugh2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.